I have just booked flight tickets to Sicily and will be landing with my girlfriend at Catania Airport on the 29 of April(Sunday) and returning home on the 4 of May(Friday). I have been thinking about staying first 2 nights in Siracusa and then to go for 3 nights to Taormina, but have just noticed that if I decided to do so I would have to travel on the 1 of May which is Tuesday.
Could you please tell me how much Festa del Lavoro on the 1 of May could affect my trip from Siracusa to Taromina?
I see that connection between these two cities is very good, there are buses leaving almost every hour during the week; it is slighty worse during the weekends, but have no idea how it is on holidays, especially labour day.
Can I expect the timetable on the 1 of May to be similar to the one during the weekends? (for the moment, let say on Sundays there is one bus leaving Siracusa at 8:00-which is a bit too early for me; the next at 13:00 and arrives in Taormina at 17:00 which destroyes the day a bit.).
is it a good idea to move to Taormina on the 1 of May?Or maybe in this case it would be better to stay 3 days in Siracusa and move for 2 days to Taormina?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 2 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 3 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 4 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 5 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 6 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 7 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 8 Madrid airport question
- 9 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 10 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 11 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 12 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 13 Imbros Gorge
- 14 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 15 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 16 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October
- 17 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 18 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 19 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 20 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 21 38 Days in Paris
- 22 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 23 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 24 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 25 Taxi Cost / Uber Question
Traveling from Siracusa to Taormina on 1 of May/Festa del Lavoro