I have just booked flight tickets to Sicily and will be landing with my girlfriend at Catania Airport on the 29 of April(Sunday) and returning home on the 4 of May(Friday). I have been thinking about staying first 2 nights in Siracusa and then to go for 3 nights to Taormina, but have just noticed that if I decided to do so I would have to travel on the 1 of May which is Tuesday.
Could you please tell me how much Festa del Lavoro on the 1 of May could affect my trip from Siracusa to Taromina?
I see that connection between these two cities is very good, there are buses leaving almost every hour during the week; it is slighty worse during the weekends, but have no idea how it is on holidays, especially labour day.
Can I expect the timetable on the 1 of May to be similar to the one during the weekends? (for the moment, let say on Sundays there is one bus leaving Siracusa at 8:00-which is a bit too early for me; the next at 13:00 and arrives in Taormina at 17:00 which destroyes the day a bit.).
is it a good idea to move to Taormina on the 1 of May?Or maybe in this case it would be better to stay 3 days in Siracusa and move for 2 days to Taormina?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Quizz !
- 2 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 3 Pay attention to your watches !
- 4 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 5 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 6 Schengen Rule
- 7 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 8 Spanish Medical Providers
- 9 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 10 Christmas Day in Granada
- 11 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 12 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 13 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 14 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 15 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 16 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 17 Zurich to Milan trip
- 18 Ireland - 1 Week Options
- 19 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 20 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 21 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 22 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 23 Area in Madrid we might be staying
- 24 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 25 Venice/Mestre
Traveling from Siracusa to Taormina on 1 of May/Festa del Lavoro