We are taking our son and daughter in law to Italy. With young children at home, the most they can do is 8 nights on the ground. They start with 2 nights in Positano and then meet us in Florence. They would really like to enjoy the Tuscan countryside so with 6 nights remaining I thought we could stay 2 nights in Florence, 2-3 nights in Pienza and then the remaining 1-2 nights somewhere else close enough to the Florence airport for them to take their 10 am flight back. We'll have a rental car and plan to drop them off before we head on for another week. I'm not looking for an "airport hotel" - just another small town not too far away-maybe Greve in Chianti? Any suggestions/opinions?
Town near Florence airport?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel in Venice
- 2 train to Vernon France
- 3 Avignon to London?
- 4 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 5 A drive in Europe
- 6 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 7 Venice
- 8 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 9 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 10 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 11 Sicily - Palermo, Cefalu, Taormina, Syracuse, Agrigento
- 12 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 13 Traveling to Munich
- 14 Day trips from Marseille
- 15 London tube
- 16 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 17 cooking classes
- 18 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 19 Paris Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe
- 20 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 21 Zurich, Switzerland
- 22 Day trip from London to Paris
- 23 Europe in 21 days
- 24 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 25 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014