We are taking our son and daughter in law to Italy. With young children at home, the most they can do is 8 nights on the ground. They start with 2 nights in Positano and then meet us in Florence. They would really like to enjoy the Tuscan countryside so with 6 nights remaining I thought we could stay 2 nights in Florence, 2-3 nights in Pienza and then the remaining 1-2 nights somewhere else close enough to the Florence airport for them to take their 10 am flight back. We'll have a rental car and plan to drop them off before we head on for another week. I'm not looking for an "airport hotel" - just another small town not too far away-maybe Greve in Chianti? Any suggestions/opinions?
Town near Florence airport?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 2 Do unused RATP tickets expire?
- 3 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 4 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 5 Greek ferries
- 6 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 7 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 8 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 9 Paris November 2014
- 10 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 11 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 12 Mykonos Hotels and Ferry Service to Santorini--need suggestions!
- 13 Madrid and London
- 14 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 15 Amsterdam to Brussels train connection question
- 16 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 17 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 18 SIM card for eastern europe
- 19 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 20 16 days in Paris, not sure London or Italy? ?
- 21 Help! Aegean Airlines booking info & baggage
- 22 Lofoten ferry
- 23 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 24 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 25 Connecting with forum locals in Paris