My wife, teenage twin daughters, and I are excited to be visiting Turkey for the first time in early June, starting with 5 days in Istanbul. While there we want to engage a tour guide for a full day. We generally like to walk and take public transportation and are looking for an “insiders’” view of the standards plus off-the-beaten-path sites. We’re currently considering Lale Surmen Aran and Tankut Aran, who authored the current Rick Steves Istanbul Guide, and Ali Yalniz. I would appreciate your experience with these, recommendations of others, and general thoughts on how to do this best.
Tour Guide in Istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Moving to Belfast
- 2 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 3 Where should I go (4 days after work week in London)
- 4 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 5 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 6 3-Star Hotels in Roma Centro Storico
- 7 Quick Trip Report - MALTA/FRANKFURT
- 8 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 9 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 10 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 11 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 12 Luggage sizing
- 13 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 14 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 15 Gluten-free in Ireland
- 16 Confused about Norway in a Nutshell!
- 17 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 18 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 19 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 20 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 21 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 22 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 23 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 24 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 25 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!