My wife, teenage twin daughters, and I are excited to be visiting Turkey for the first time in early June, starting with 5 days in Istanbul. While there we want to engage a tour guide for a full day. We generally like to walk and take public transportation and are looking for an “insiders’” view of the standards plus off-the-beaten-path sites. We’re currently considering Lale Surmen Aran and Tankut Aran, who authored the current Rick Steves Istanbul Guide, and Ali Yalniz. I would appreciate your experience with these, recommendations of others, and general thoughts on how to do this best.
Tour Guide in Istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Raining in rome
- 2 3 weeks in Sicily
- 3 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 4 Real Mary King's Close Tour in Edinburgh
- 5 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 6 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 7 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 8 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 9 Dolomites in May? Worth it?
- 10 ParisScope: Will City Stand for a New Tour Montparnasse?
- 11 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 12 Suggestions for couple of days in spain plus best route to get to Morrocco
- 13 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 14 Fabulous Palermo
- 15 Living like a local (sort of) in London
- 16 A Cotswold Query for Flanneruk
- 17 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 18 Iceland tour, first time - advice appreciated!
- 19 Portugal in January
- 20 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 21 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 22 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 23 Portugal epidemic warning (November 2014)!
- 24 A taste of Italy in 11 nights
- 25 Naxos in May