I am in the beginning phases of planning my honeymoon for May 2016. I have read enough forums and travelled enough on my own to know that the itinerary is a bit ambitious. Would love to have some thoughts on what I have mapped out so far.
May 13 - Depart Chicago
May 14 - Arrive Paris
May 15 - Paris
May 16 - Paris
May 17 - Paris
Rent car at CDG airport early May 18 Drive to Normandy for one night (a must for my husband)
May 18 - Normandy (Bayeux?)
May 19 - Return car at CDG - hop on afternoon flight to Venice
May 20 - Venice
May 21 - early train to Florence
May 22 - Florence
May 23 - Rome
May 24 - Rome
May 25 - Rome
May 26 - Depart Rome for Chicago
Like I said above - I know this is an ambitious itinerary. We have done the whole rent a car and drive around the country for 2 weeks thing - and loved it. This is going to be fast-paced and give us a taste of some places we are dying to see (Paris/Normandy) and dying to get back to (Venice, Florence, Rome).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 2 Paris Skip the Lines deals ...
- 3 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April
- 4 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 5 "Never Mind"
- 6 Via del Sale, Italy
- 7 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 8 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 9 Route/guide book request for Italy
- 10 Nafplio to Hydra
- 11 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 12 Southern Croatia and side trips itinerary recommendations
- 13 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 14 Seat Assignments on TGV train from Paris to Avignon
- 15 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 16 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 17 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 18 Prague itinerary advice
- 19 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 20 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 21 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 22 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 23 Italian lakes
- 24 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 25 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?