I am in the beginning phases of planning my honeymoon for May 2016. I have read enough forums and travelled enough on my own to know that the itinerary is a bit ambitious. Would love to have some thoughts on what I have mapped out so far.
May 13 - Depart Chicago
May 14 - Arrive Paris
May 15 - Paris
May 16 - Paris
May 17 - Paris
Rent car at CDG airport early May 18 Drive to Normandy for one night (a must for my husband)
May 18 - Normandy (Bayeux?)
May 19 - Return car at CDG - hop on afternoon flight to Venice
May 20 - Venice
May 21 - early train to Florence
May 22 - Florence
May 23 - Rome
May 24 - Rome
May 25 - Rome
May 26 - Depart Rome for Chicago
Like I said above - I know this is an ambitious itinerary. We have done the whole rent a car and drive around the country for 2 weeks thing - and loved it. This is going to be fast-paced and give us a taste of some places we are dying to see (Paris/Normandy) and dying to get back to (Venice, Florence, Rome).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 2 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 3 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 4 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 5 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 6 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 7 Another tipping question: concierges
- 8 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 9 Trip suggestion
- 10 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 11 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 12 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 13 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 14 I'm looking for a guide in Moldova
- 15 Spain in July
- 16 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 17 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 18 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 19 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 20 Acorn TV
- 21 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 22 Petrol in Greece
- 23 We're here!
- 24 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 25 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years