I am in the beginning phases of planning my honeymoon for May 2016. I have read enough forums and travelled enough on my own to know that the itinerary is a bit ambitious. Would love to have some thoughts on what I have mapped out so far.
May 13 - Depart Chicago
May 14 - Arrive Paris
May 15 - Paris
May 16 - Paris
May 17 - Paris
Rent car at CDG airport early May 18 Drive to Normandy for one night (a must for my husband)
May 18 - Normandy (Bayeux?)
May 19 - Return car at CDG - hop on afternoon flight to Venice
May 20 - Venice
May 21 - early train to Florence
May 22 - Florence
May 23 - Rome
May 24 - Rome
May 25 - Rome
May 26 - Depart Rome for Chicago
Like I said above - I know this is an ambitious itinerary. We have done the whole rent a car and drive around the country for 2 weeks thing - and loved it. This is going to be fast-paced and give us a taste of some places we are dying to see (Paris/Normandy) and dying to get back to (Venice, Florence, Rome).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving in Italy
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 4 Paris in August
- 5 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 6 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 7 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 8 Rome Water Shortage
- 9 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 10 Getting around London
- 11 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 12 The DCC scam is spreading
- 13 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 14 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 15 Train travel to and from Paris
- 16 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 17 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 18 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 19 Christmas in Spain
- 20 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 21 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 22 Vigo Spain????
- 23 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 24 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 25 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip