Normandy Itinerary

Apr 22nd, 2009, 12:14 PM
Original Poster

Normandy Itinerary

We will be in France for two weeks. We are staying in Paris for three days and then driving to Normandy, Loire Valley and then possibly a couple of days in the Champagne region before fly ing out of Charles DeGaulle. Can I get some opinions on how many days to bu dget for Normandy and the Loire? Would it be possible to stay in one hotel o in Normandy and drive to all the areas like Bayeux, Honfleur, Normandy beaches, Mt. St. Michael or would that be too much driving each day? We would then pick another hotel in the Loire. Also can I have some ideas on which town to stay in Normandy?
Apr 22nd, 2009, 12:21 PM

I would stay in Bayeux. And I would stay longer in Paris. And I would start with Normandy, go to the Loire, and finish in Paris.
Apr 22nd, 2009, 12:30 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your ideas. I had thought possibly of Bayeux for a homebase. We are only staying three days in Paris because we have been there several times, the last being last summer. We want to see some of France that we have not seen before.
Apr 22nd, 2009, 01:00 PM

I would also recommend using Bayeux as a base. I used it as a base for a trip a few years ago and it was a great location.

TR
Apr 22nd, 2009, 04:03 PM

LyndaKaye30 - Bayeux is a good location to stay. We spent 3 nights in Paris, 1 night in Les Andlys; 1 night in Rouen; 1 night in Honfleur; 2 nights in Bayeux; 1 night near Mont St. Michel; and only 1 night in Amboise in the Loire. If I could change anything it would be to have another night in Amboise. We did a full day tour with Battlebus for the WWII sites. They pick up right behind the Hotel Churchill in Bayeux. If you're interested in reading my trip report, just e-mail me at arizonatraveler8 at yahoo dot com
Apr 22nd, 2009, 04:08 PM

Going on a Battlebus tour tomorrow for two days but am staying in Caen and taking the train to/from Bayeux for the tours (I don't have a car). Hotels in Caen are 1/2 of the rates in Bayeux... I'm paying 41 Euro per night.
Apr 28th, 2009, 01:42 PM

We paid 45E/night. Largest room we've had in France, and a squeaky clean hotel 5 minutes from the Cathedral and the Tapestry.
Apr 28th, 2009, 06:08 PM

At what hotel did you stay Gretchen?
May 3rd, 2009, 05:25 PM

Was it Hôtel Tardif which is between the cathedral and the tapestry?

Search this Thread