I have a 5 day stay in Switzerland, arriving into Zurich on July 17 evening and leaving on July 22 early morning. I am planning on traveling to Lucerne on July 17 evening immediately after arrival, staying there as the base station from 17 to 21st and coming back to Zurich on 21st evening to stay at a airport hotel that night.
1. Of the 4 days in Lucerne, I am planning for day trips on 3 days(Mt. Pilatus, Mt. Titlis, and Interlaken/Lauterbrunnen) and cover Lucerne in the remaining 1 day. Do you think that I can do each of those 3 places in a day each. Also whats the best way to enjoy those(I read something about a golden pass for a cruise/gondola/train), how do I book that?
2. What is the best train pass to get for me+wife for 5 days Jul 17 and Jul 21. I need to travel to and from Zurich-Lucerne , and then day trips from Lucerne to Mt Pilatus/Mt Titlis/ Interlaken/Lauterbrunnen.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 2 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 3 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 4 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 5 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 6 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 7 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 8 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 9 Short Trip in July
- 10 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 11 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 12 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 13 First trip to England & Ireland-9 days in August
- 14 current best wisdom on taxis from CDG to 17eme
- 15 Cell Phone Question
- 16 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 17 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 18 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 19 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 20 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 21 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 22 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 23 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 24 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 25 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)