I will be in Switzerland for (almost) 4 days in July. I'm starting out in Geneva on a Monday and plan on the first two days to include a mix of Geneva itself, and the highlights in the surrounding Lake Geneva area (i.e. Montreux/Chillon etc).
I am staying over in Zurich on Wednesday night. Which leaves me Wednesday, and half a day Thursday. I have to get to Zurich but plan on stopping along the way and I don't need much time there. Would love as much of a taste of the Berner Oberland as I can get in that limited amount of time. I know a huge day trip up to Jungfraujoch won't work , but what are my options? I can stop at Interlaken, and do something less ambitious from there, or Lucerne....any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sundays in Puglia
- 2 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 3 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 4 What tips can you give about packing?
- 5 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 6 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 7 Greek Islands (small)
- 8 Taking a high speed train from Rome, Italy to Venice, Italy for a day trip.
- 9 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 10 Scotland in 7 Days
- 11 Azores
- 12 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 13 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 14 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 15 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 16 Cascais or Algarve?
- 17 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 18 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 19 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 20 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 21 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 22 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 23 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 24 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 25 Short Trip in July