I will be flying to Geneva for 5 days, here is my rough plan so far:
Day one: Arrive Sat morning 9 am, drop bags off at hotel and pick up Geneva free transport card to take a bus to Mont Saleve for a few hours, bus back to Cornavin (where my hotel is) and explore the area, see jet d'eau.
Day two: Sunday, what should I do in Geneva on a Sunday?
Day Three: Monday; buy a train ticket (CHF 30) to Montreux drop bags off at hotel, buy a train tick from Montreux to Lausanne (I believe the Mobilis Day Pass CHF 12.60 cover a return trip to Montreux and also travelling on all networks in Lausanne?), Le Port d'Ouchy, any other ideas?
Day Four: Tues; Use our free Riviera pass from our hotel to travel to Chateau de Chillon in the morning, Lunch, train to Rochers-de-Naye (does my free Riviera pass cover this journey?) explore for a few hours , nothing else planned for the rest of the evening, ideas welcome.
Day Five: Weds - Any suggestion for the morning? I have to train back to Geneva for my flight at 4pm. CHF30 back to Geneva
I'm trying to be as cost effective a s possible with my traveling and it seems like I will only pay about CHF73 to travel to the places above, does this all look correct (my free travel pass from the hotels should cover most of my travels?)
Thanks so much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 2 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 3 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 4 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 5 Which Train Station in Venice
- 6 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 7 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 8 Uber vs. TfL
- 9 What fresh hell is this?
- 10 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 11 Greek Village
- 12 Berlin
- 13 Bordeaux to Nice
- 14 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 15 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 16 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 17 SE ITALY
- 18 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 19 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 20 One free day in Barcelona
- 21 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 22 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 23 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna