As a part of my upcoming Italy trip in May, I will be staying in Florence 4 complete days. I am really confused over planning my time. My initial plan is as follows :
-> Dedicate 2 full days to Florence. Something on these lines : reidsitaly.com/destinations/...
-> Day trip on 3rd day to Lucca and Pisa (I don't want to leave without visiting and climbing the tower)
-> Day Trip on 4th day to Siena (Have heard superb reviews about Siena)
However considering the above itinerary I feel that time in Florence is not enough. With the above itinerary, I would miss on biggies like Pallazo vechhio, piazzale michelangelo, Boboli Gardens, San lorenzo , Bargello etc.
1. Is the above itinerary(in the link I shared) for Florence too fast, i.e. can I also fit in Pallazo vechhio, piazzale michelangelo, Boboli Gardens, Bargello in the 2 days?
2. Should I take out the half day from Lucca and give it to Florence?
3. Can I add San Gimignano with the day trip to Siena. Is public transport available to make it feasible?
Also, what according to you could be the best way to spend these 4 days.
P.S. It is my first time to Europe, and we are two 23 year old guys
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam hotels
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Amsterdam hotel
- 4 Europe itinerary questions
- 5 Denmark or Sweden?
- 6 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 7 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 8 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 9 London Hotels
- 10 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 11 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 12 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 13 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 14 Back from Paris
- 15 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 16 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 17 1 month in Europe
- 18 Paris hotels
- 19 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 20 10 days in Paris and......
- 21 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 22 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 23 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 24 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 25 London-Help Me Spend Money