As a part of my upcoming Italy trip in May, I will be staying in Florence 4 complete days. I am really confused over planning my time. My initial plan is as follows :
-> Dedicate 2 full days to Florence. Something on these lines : reidsitaly.com/destinations/...
-> Day trip on 3rd day to Lucca and Pisa (I don't want to leave without visiting and climbing the tower)
-> Day Trip on 4th day to Siena (Have heard superb reviews about Siena)
However considering the above itinerary I feel that time in Florence is not enough. With the above itinerary, I would miss on biggies like Pallazo vechhio, piazzale michelangelo, Boboli Gardens, San lorenzo , Bargello etc.
1. Is the above itinerary(in the link I shared) for Florence too fast, i.e. can I also fit in Pallazo vechhio, piazzale michelangelo, Boboli Gardens, Bargello in the 2 days?
2. Should I take out the half day from Lucca and give it to Florence?
3. Can I add San Gimignano with the day trip to Siena. Is public transport available to make it feasible?
Also, what according to you could be the best way to spend these 4 days.
P.S. It is my first time to Europe, and we are two 23 year old guys
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 2 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 3 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 4 Ian McKellen & Patrick Stewart in No Man's Land
- 5 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 6 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 7 England in a week - what's realistic
- 8 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 9 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 10 Visiting St. Mark's Basilica in Venice
- 11 Enjoying England for a year!
- 12 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 13 French Riviera
- 14 0ne day trip from Lisbon to Porto
- 15 Stonehenge and Bath
- 16 Decrepit dame does Deutschland
- 17 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 18 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 19 Seeking apartment recommendations in a Chanti village
- 20 Tuscan Winery Suggestions
- 21 transfer from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport
- 22 Car necessary in Wengen, Switzerland
- 23 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 24 Barcelona extension
- 25 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau