As a part of my upcoming Italy trip in May, I will be staying in Florence 4 complete days. I am really confused over planning my time. My initial plan is as follows :
-> Dedicate 2 full days to Florence. Something on these lines : reidsitaly.com/destinations/...
-> Day trip on 3rd day to Lucca and Pisa (I don't want to leave without visiting and climbing the tower)
-> Day Trip on 4th day to Siena (Have heard superb reviews about Siena)
However considering the above itinerary I feel that time in Florence is not enough. With the above itinerary, I would miss on biggies like Pallazo vechhio, piazzale michelangelo, Boboli Gardens, San lorenzo , Bargello etc.
1. Is the above itinerary(in the link I shared) for Florence too fast, i.e. can I also fit in Pallazo vechhio, piazzale michelangelo, Boboli Gardens, Bargello in the 2 days?
2. Should I take out the half day from Lucca and give it to Florence?
3. Can I add San Gimignano with the day trip to Siena. Is public transport available to make it feasible?
Also, what according to you could be the best way to spend these 4 days.
P.S. It is my first time to Europe, and we are two 23 year old guys
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 2 Italy by car
- 3 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 4 Spain and Portugal for two and a half weeks
- 5 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 6 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 7 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 8 Off to Ireland again! Solo trip...
- 9 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 10 Fill 4 or 5 days for me please-Spain
- 11 Our Amalfi Coast Adventure—Orlando to Dublin to Naples to Praiano
- 12 Ireland in October?
- 13 Barcelona - Tickets to Gaudi sites
- 14 Barcelona-Valencia- ??? - Barcelona
- 15 Driving through the Pyrenees
- 16 Italy train strike - high speed trains?
- 17 St Andrews or Edinburgh
- 18 Going to Denmark, Norway – what is there to see?
- 19 Itinerary….Need help from Ireland Guru's
- 20 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 21 Lyon
- 22 Dolomites October 14-18
- 23 Traveling into Frankfurt and catching a flight to London
- 24 Le Marche, Italy
- 25 Driving from Tuscany to Positano - recos needed!