As a part of my upcoming Italy trip in May, I will be staying in Florence 4 complete days. I am really confused over planning my time. My initial plan is as follows :
-> Dedicate 2 full days to Florence. Something on these lines : reidsitaly.com/destinations/...
-> Day trip on 3rd day to Lucca and Pisa (I don't want to leave without visiting and climbing the tower)
-> Day Trip on 4th day to Siena (Have heard superb reviews about Siena)
However considering the above itinerary I feel that time in Florence is not enough. With the above itinerary, I would miss on biggies like Pallazo vechhio, piazzale michelangelo, Boboli Gardens, San lorenzo , Bargello etc.
1. Is the above itinerary(in the link I shared) for Florence too fast, i.e. can I also fit in Pallazo vechhio, piazzale michelangelo, Boboli Gardens, Bargello in the 2 days?
2. Should I take out the half day from Lucca and give it to Florence?
3. Can I add San Gimignano with the day trip to Siena. Is public transport available to make it feasible?
Also, what according to you could be the best way to spend these 4 days.
P.S. It is my first time to Europe, and we are two 23 year old guys
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Eastern Provence, French Alps, Nice
- 2 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 3 Basque country ideas
- 4 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 5 European Cooking Secrets
- 6 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 7 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 8 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 9 20 Days in Europe
- 10 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 11 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 12 Amalfi Coast to Barcelona
- 13 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 14 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 15 10 days in Ireland! Ready? Shoot.
- 16 Travel vs. Babies
- 17 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 18 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 19 Safe to bring jewelry onboard
- 20 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 21 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 22 Farmhouse stay in Ireland?
- 23 Planning and Logistics Amsterdam, Lakes district and scotland
- 24 First trip to Italy
- 25 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!