As a part of my upcoming Italy trip in May, I will be staying in Florence 4 complete days. I am really confused over planning my time. My initial plan is as follows :
-> Dedicate 2 full days to Florence. Something on these lines : reidsitaly.com/destinations/...
-> Day trip on 3rd day to Lucca and Pisa (I don't want to leave without visiting and climbing the tower)
-> Day Trip on 4th day to Siena (Have heard superb reviews about Siena)
However considering the above itinerary I feel that time in Florence is not enough. With the above itinerary, I would miss on biggies like Pallazo vechhio, piazzale michelangelo, Boboli Gardens, San lorenzo , Bargello etc.
1. Is the above itinerary(in the link I shared) for Florence too fast, i.e. can I also fit in Pallazo vechhio, piazzale michelangelo, Boboli Gardens, Bargello in the 2 days?
2. Should I take out the half day from Lucca and give it to Florence?
3. Can I add San Gimignano with the day trip to Siena. Is public transport available to make it feasible?
Also, what according to you could be the best way to spend these 4 days.
P.S. It is my first time to Europe, and we are two 23 year old guys
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Puglia, where to stay for 8 days or so
- 2 Iceland - a brief trip report
- 3 Must do/see in Rome
- 4 One night between Marseille and St.Remy?
- 5 U K Shelves Ambitious Rail Improvements
- 6 Bed & Breakfast in Paris for one night
- 7 Provence 5 days 4 night (3.5 full days) itinerary
- 8 Help - Fly back from Rome or Milan?
- 9 London(ish) calling. 33C at 10:00am!
- 10 Umbrella Stroller for Central Europe
- 11 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 12 Need help with Vatican and Colosseum Info. PLEASE!
- 13 Our first trip to Europe
- 14 Free use of a owned apartment in Berlin
- 15 Winery tours
- 16 Prague Trip Report
- 17 Schengen-Student Study Abroad-Student Visa Problems
- 18 Lunch near Sants station Barcelona
- 19 Restaurant / Food suggestions for the Golden Circle
- 20 neighbourhood in Barcelona question
- 21 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 22 Five day stopover with 2 y/o and 6 y/o horse-crazy girl
- 23 Help required for Germany trip plan
- 24 London for work Paris for play!
- 25 Free Trip to Italy On Line (Video + Stills)