As a part of my upcoming Italy trip in May, I will be staying in Florence 4 complete days. I am really confused over planning my time. My initial plan is as follows :
-> Dedicate 2 full days to Florence. Something on these lines : reidsitaly.com/destinations/...
-> Day trip on 3rd day to Lucca and Pisa (I don't want to leave without visiting and climbing the tower)
-> Day Trip on 4th day to Siena (Have heard superb reviews about Siena)
However considering the above itinerary I feel that time in Florence is not enough. With the above itinerary, I would miss on biggies like Pallazo vechhio, piazzale michelangelo, Boboli Gardens, San lorenzo , Bargello etc.
1. Is the above itinerary(in the link I shared) for Florence too fast, i.e. can I also fit in Pallazo vechhio, piazzale michelangelo, Boboli Gardens, Bargello in the 2 days?
2. Should I take out the half day from Lucca and give it to Florence?
3. Can I add San Gimignano with the day trip to Siena. Is public transport available to make it feasible?
Also, what according to you could be the best way to spend these 4 days.
P.S. It is my first time to Europe, and we are two 23 year old guys
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 2 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 3 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 4 Andalucia Spain
- 5 Going to Paris for one day
- 6 Valencia Spain
- 7 Rome Water Shortage
- 8 Europe for Beginners
- 9 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 10 Getting around London
- 11 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 12 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 13 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 14 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 15 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 16 WWI sites
- 17 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 18 Visiting Zurich
- 19 Lake Como,Italy
- 20 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 21 Paris to Bordeaux
- 22 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 23 13 nights in switzerland
- 24 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
- 25 Germany-Car or Train