We are planning on taking the daytime Altaria train from Barcelona to Madrid in September and have a couple of questions. First, what is the difference (besides price) between tourist class and 1st class? Second, should we buy our tickets before we leave for Spain, or get them in Barcelona? We have not ruled out flying but thought it might be less of a hassle to take the train. We will be visiting Barcelona on our own for 3 or 4 days and then meeting up with a tour group in Madrid for a 17-day excursion through central/southern Spain and Portugal.
Spain Train -- Tourist vs. 1st class
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Belgium/Holland OR Paris/Strasbourg/Lucern
- 2 Wake up...all fodor posters who are so helpful...
- 3 Euro Train
- 4 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 5 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 6 First time traveler to Ireland
- 7 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 8 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 9 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 10 Prague - must see
- 11 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 12 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 13 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 14 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 15 Getting to Gatwick and home again
- 16 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 17 Advises for trip to Russia
- 18 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 19 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 20 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 21 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 22 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 23 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 24 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 25 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking