We are planning on taking the daytime Altaria train from Barcelona to Madrid in September and have a couple of questions. First, what is the difference (besides price) between tourist class and 1st class? Second, should we buy our tickets before we leave for Spain, or get them in Barcelona? We have not ruled out flying but thought it might be less of a hassle to take the train. We will be visiting Barcelona on our own for 3 or 4 days and then meeting up with a tour group in Madrid for a 17-day excursion through central/southern Spain and Portugal.
Spain Train -- Tourist vs. 1st class
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Golfing in Ireland
- 2 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 3 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 4 Ryanair Cabin Luggage
- 5 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 6 What still confounds you about travel?
- 7 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 8 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 9 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 10 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 11 Santorini
- 12 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 13 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 14 Foie gras, redux
- 15 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 16 Questions for my German friends
- 17 Chip but no PIN
- 18 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 19 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 20 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 21 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 22 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 23 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 24 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 25 Airport to Piraeus