We are planning on taking the daytime Altaria train from Barcelona to Madrid in September and have a couple of questions. First, what is the difference (besides price) between tourist class and 1st class? Second, should we buy our tickets before we leave for Spain, or get them in Barcelona? We have not ruled out flying but thought it might be less of a hassle to take the train. We will be visiting Barcelona on our own for 3 or 4 days and then meeting up with a tour group in Madrid for a 17-day excursion through central/southern Spain and Portugal.
Spain Train -- Tourist vs. 1st class
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train from Copenhagen to Stockholm; Best site to book and when?
- 2 Stockholm Metro Stations
- 3 Crazy Trying to Rent a Car
- 4 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 5 Anybody in Amalfi right now? Weather?
- 6 British English
- 7 August highway traffic problems in Italy???
- 8 Vacation Rental Home near Barcelona with 8 bed/8 bath help
- 9 Spain for 7 days
- 10 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 11 Southern Italy, Pompeii and where to stay
- 12 spain in 14 nights with wife and 2 17 yrs old kids
- 13 London: Open-Air Winter Swimming...Take the Plunge!
- 14 Venice veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 15 Passport Delays
- 16 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 17 Brugge photo on Bing
- 18 A town in France for a month
- 19 Feedback on Italian Language Courses in Bologna
- 20 How do I use a SIM card in Spain and Portugal?
- 21 Language Immersion Courses in France
- 22 Need Advice on 18 Days into Madrid, out of Bilbao
- 23 Jamikins and Bikerscott Go Francing: Cooking in the Alps and Alsace
- 24 Spending money in Italy?
- 25 A week in Basque Country: Bilbao, San Sebastian, Biarritz