We are planning on taking the daytime Altaria train from Barcelona to Madrid in September and have a couple of questions. First, what is the difference (besides price) between tourist class and 1st class? Second, should we buy our tickets before we leave for Spain, or get them in Barcelona? We have not ruled out flying but thought it might be less of a hassle to take the train. We will be visiting Barcelona on our own for 3 or 4 days and then meeting up with a tour group in Madrid for a 17-day excursion through central/southern Spain and Portugal.
Spain Train -- Tourist vs. 1st class
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Skip the line at Vatican museum?
- 2 Help with Madrid Location
- 3 Help for San Sebastian
- 4 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 5 Venice, just arrived
- 6 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 7 Central London Hotels
- 8 Flybe Airlines from Dublin to Southampton
- 9 Mum's been to Iceland, or "round Iceland with a cucumber"
- 10 3 days in Rome
- 11 2 Days in Rome
- 12 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 13 where to stay dolomites Italy
- 14 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 15 Help with 2 for 1 offers in London
- 16 La Barceloneta Protests.
- 17 Greece with 4 months baby old in September
- 18 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 19 23 days in Italy - itenerary HELP
- 20 8 days in Switzerland in October first week
- 21 Belated Paris trip report, May 16-24 2014 part 2: the actual trip
- 22 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 23 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 24 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 25 Switzerland--how is rain impacting hiking in engadines? sils maria?