We are planning on taking the daytime Altaria train from Barcelona to Madrid in September and have a couple of questions. First, what is the difference (besides price) between tourist class and 1st class? Second, should we buy our tickets before we leave for Spain, or get them in Barcelona? We have not ruled out flying but thought it might be less of a hassle to take the train. We will be visiting Barcelona on our own for 3 or 4 days and then meeting up with a tour group in Madrid for a 17-day excursion through central/southern Spain and Portugal.
Spain Train -- Tourist vs. 1st class
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 People acting out Paris Metro Names
- 2 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 3 Toulouse and beyond -
- 4 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 5 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 6 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 7 getting on highway from Avignon TVG Europcar rental place
- 8 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 9 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 10 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 11 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 12 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 13 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 14 Munich with a car?
- 15 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 16 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 17 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 18 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 19 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 20 Reims for a day
- 21 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 22 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 23 Abruzzo for 5 days
- 24 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 25 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days