My husband and I are planning a trip to Spain in August (hot, I know). We are planning on flying into Barcelona and are trying to decide how to spend the remainder of our time. I have been to Madrid, Sevilla, etc...so we are looking to stay north and try something new. We are torn between flying from Barcelona to the Balearic Islands or San Sebastian. My husband is Italian, and loves wine, meats and cheeses and would probably love doing Rioja wine country...He also loves the beach,. We did the Amalfi Coast for our honeymoon, which was the perfect combination! Any suggestions? Looking for a trip that is romantic, and also unique... thanks!
Spain: Balearic Islands vs San Sebastian
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Manchester or Heathrow?
- 2 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 3 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 4 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 5 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 6 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 7 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 8 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 9 21 Days in Central Europe
- 10 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 11 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 12 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 13 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 14 best time to book accommodation
- 15 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 16 Oktoberfest reservations
- 17 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 18 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 19 No points in Paris .....
- 20 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 21 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 22 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 23 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 24 Pronunciation
- 25 Special restaurants - recommendations needed