I am looking to make plans for Spain during the last two weeks of July. I have not visited there before so all is new. But one of my primary concerns is the effect of the poor economy may have on tourism. Possible transportaion strikes, reduced staff at hotels restaurants and other loss of service. I understand the difficulty people are having and would love to provide tourism dollars and don't mind some bumpiness in the trip. However, I am worried about large issues dealing with the economy. Has anyone noticed any issues or have thoughts and opinions to share. I would love hearing them.
Spain and austerity
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Deciding between tour companies- Trafalgar vs Insight
- 2 Planning third trip to France-where to next?
- 3 International driving permit required in France?
- 4 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 5 Planning an itinerary in Southern France
- 6 Visit to Bath and London england
- 7 Germany Visa for conference
- 8 Food in Paris-Dining out
- 9 Advice for first family trip to Europe
- 10 month's stay in Italy
- 11 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 12 Itinerary help Geneva, Lausanne , Montreux or Vevey
- 13 Villa Borghese - Neighborhood restaurants?
- 14 Trip report/blog - 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium, and South Africa
- 15 Interesting travel scam article
- 16 10 days from Hannover to Stuttgart - route recommendations, please?
- 17 A full week in The Netherlands
- 18 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST
- 19 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 20 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 21 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 22 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 23 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 24 10 days in England
- 25 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?