I need a little help with a South of France itinerary. I am going to France for 2 and a half weeks at the begingig of May. I already have 10 nights at the beginning booked at a apartment in the Marais District of Paris. I need to figure out what to do with the last week.
fThe idea is to spend a few nights in 2 or 3 places in the South of France, and do day trips by car. The emphasis is leisurely exploration and to not cramp too much in. I am especially interested in any beautiful historical town or city, markets, gardens, architecture, geological formations ( I am a Geologist), and beautiful easy hikes (we don't want to bring gear besides hiking boots). The one must do for this region is a spa town with a great hammam that is not too expensive. Our budget is flexible, we like to stay in one really amazing hotel in one town, and a reasonable one in the other. Although we love art, museums are not a huge draw for us, we would rather explore the beautiful towns and history that inspired it. Museums are for rainy days.
Thanks a lot! Happy Travelling!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 Days in Spain
- 2 9 Days in Spain
- 3 Iceland early december visit
- 4 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 5 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 6 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 7 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 8 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 9 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 10 Milan or Turin
- 11 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 12 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 13 Barcelona alternative
- 14 Paris to Italy
- 15 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 16 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 17 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 18 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 19 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 20 Frankfurt to UK
- 21 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 22 God Save the Queen?
- 23 Road trip with our dog
- 24 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 25 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna