I need a little help with a South of France itinerary. I am going to France for 2 and a half weeks at the begingig of May. I already have 10 nights at the beginning booked at a apartment in the Marais District of Paris. I need to figure out what to do with the last week.
fThe idea is to spend a few nights in 2 or 3 places in the South of France, and do day trips by car. The emphasis is leisurely exploration and to not cramp too much in. I am especially interested in any beautiful historical town or city, markets, gardens, architecture, geological formations ( I am a Geologist), and beautiful easy hikes (we don't want to bring gear besides hiking boots). The one must do for this region is a spa town with a great hammam that is not too expensive. Our budget is flexible, we like to stay in one really amazing hotel in one town, and a reasonable one in the other. Although we love art, museums are not a huge draw for us, we would rather explore the beautiful towns and history that inspired it. Museums are for rainy days.
Thanks a lot! Happy Travelling!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MCAFEE@ antivirus help desk CONTACT ☎ 1:800:627:6047 Tec*h cNICal
- 2 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 3 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 4 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 5 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 6 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 7 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 8 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 9 Trad Music and Hops--Our Week in Dublin
- 10 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 11 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 12 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 13 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 14 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 15 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 16 Maximizing Norway time
- 17 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 18 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 19 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 20 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 21 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 22 Hiking in Switzerland
- 23 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 24 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 25 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como