We (two adults and two children - 10 and 13 years old) will be visiting London for a week in the middle of July, and we're thinking of taking a day trip to the seaside somewhere. My wife has suggested Brighton. We love to walk along the ocean, walk out on fishing piers and people watch, but need to entertain the kids a bit too. Maybe some local "main street" shopping, tourist attractions, etc. Interesting scenery en route would be nice. We need to be within a couple hours of London, since this is just a day trip.
I would really appreciate anyone's suggestions on where we might go, or if you think it isn't worth it, that's an option too! We only have 6 days in London, and I'm sure there's enough to see to fill many more days than that!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 2 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 5 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 6 Barcelona alternative
- 7 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 8 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 9 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 10 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 11 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 12 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 13 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 14 Paris to Italy
- 15 Electrical Power Conversion
- 16 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 17 Douro Valley in January?
- 18 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 19 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 20 Switzerland Trip Report 7 Days September End
- 21 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 22 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 23 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 24 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 25 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete