We (two adults and two children - 10 and 13 years old) will be visiting London for a week in the middle of July, and we're thinking of taking a day trip to the seaside somewhere. My wife has suggested Brighton. We love to walk along the ocean, walk out on fishing piers and people watch, but need to entertain the kids a bit too. Maybe some local "main street" shopping, tourist attractions, etc. Interesting scenery en route would be nice. We need to be within a couple hours of London, since this is just a day trip.
I would really appreciate anyone's suggestions on where we might go, or if you think it isn't worth it, that's an option too! We only have 6 days in London, and I'm sure there's enough to see to fill many more days than that!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 charter@Password Reset CONTACT ☎1:800:681:7208 CHARTER Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 3 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 4 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 5 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 6 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 7 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 8 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 9 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 10 Madrird and Seville
- 11 Greece
- 12 Ludwig Castles
- 13 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 14 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 15 Lake Como AREA questions
- 16 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 17 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 18 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 19 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 20 Help on ancient history route
- 21 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 22 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 23 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 24 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 25 Iceland