We (two adults and two children - 10 and 13 years old) will be visiting London for a week in the middle of July, and we're thinking of taking a day trip to the seaside somewhere. My wife has suggested Brighton. We love to walk along the ocean, walk out on fishing piers and people watch, but need to entertain the kids a bit too. Maybe some local "main street" shopping, tourist attractions, etc. Interesting scenery en route would be nice. We need to be within a couple hours of London, since this is just a day trip.
I would really appreciate anyone's suggestions on where we might go, or if you think it isn't worth it, that's an option too! We only have 6 days in London, and I'm sure there's enough to see to fill many more days than that!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 2 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 3 Croatia Ferry Help
- 4 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 5 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 6 getting to CDG
- 7 Ireland hotel questions
- 8 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 9 Ireland travel passport question
- 10 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 11 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 12 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 13 Switzerland in November?
- 14 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 15 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 16 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 17 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 18 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 19 Barcelona cooking classes
- 20 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 21 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 22 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 23 4 days itinerary for France
- 24 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 25 3-4 days Netherland trip