We (two adults and two children - 10 and 13 years old) will be visiting London for a week in the middle of July, and we're thinking of taking a day trip to the seaside somewhere. My wife has suggested Brighton. We love to walk along the ocean, walk out on fishing piers and people watch, but need to entertain the kids a bit too. Maybe some local "main street" shopping, tourist attractions, etc. Interesting scenery en route would be nice. We need to be within a couple hours of London, since this is just a day trip.
I would really appreciate anyone's suggestions on where we might go, or if you think it isn't worth it, that's an option too! We only have 6 days in London, and I'm sure there's enough to see to fill many more days than that!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 2 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 3 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 4 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 5 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 6 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 7 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 8 Another tipping question: concierges
- 9 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 10 Trip suggestion
- 11 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 12 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 13 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 14 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 15 I'm looking for a guide in Moldova
- 16 Spain in July
- 17 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 18 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 19 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 20 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 21 Acorn TV
- 22 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 23 Petrol in Greece
- 24 We're here!
- 25 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE