We (two adults and two children - 10 and 13 years old) will be visiting London for a week in the middle of July, and we're thinking of taking a day trip to the seaside somewhere. My wife has suggested Brighton. We love to walk along the ocean, walk out on fishing piers and people watch, but need to entertain the kids a bit too. Maybe some local "main street" shopping, tourist attractions, etc. Interesting scenery en route would be nice. We need to be within a couple hours of London, since this is just a day trip.
I would really appreciate anyone's suggestions on where we might go, or if you think it isn't worth it, that's an option too! We only have 6 days in London, and I'm sure there's enough to see to fill many more days than that!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 2 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 3 Norwegian Air?
- 4 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 5 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 6 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 7 Highclare Castle
- 8 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 9 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 10 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 11 Salzburg itinerary review
- 12 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 13 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 14 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 15 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 16 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 17 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 18 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 19 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 20 Spain: train/rental car help
- 21 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 22 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 23 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 24 Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy - scenic road trips/countryside?
- 25 Loire Valley best place to linger