We (two adults and two children - 10 and 13 years old) will be visiting London for a week in the middle of July, and we're thinking of taking a day trip to the seaside somewhere. My wife has suggested Brighton. We love to walk along the ocean, walk out on fishing piers and people watch, but need to entertain the kids a bit too. Maybe some local "main street" shopping, tourist attractions, etc. Interesting scenery en route would be nice. We need to be within a couple hours of London, since this is just a day trip.
I would really appreciate anyone's suggestions on where we might go, or if you think it isn't worth it, that's an option too! We only have 6 days in London, and I'm sure there's enough to see to fill many more days than that!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to spend 3 days btwn Milan and Florence
- 2 Ottolenghi walk-ins?
- 3 Visit to Engand
- 4 13 nights in Portugal...need tuning !
- 5 Trip in September
- 6 Advice getting from Robin Hood's Bay to London
- 7 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 8 Which city order makes most sense?
- 9 10 days in Germany, Itinerary help please!
- 10 London Restaurants
- 11 Munich Hotel Location
- 12 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 13 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 14 Clean up spam
- 15 Croatia - Zadar or Hvar or Korcula?
- 16 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 17 credit and debit cards
- 18 Munich,Prague, CK, Salzburg, Vienna
- 19 Is Sicily Safe?
- 20 Hurtigruten port suggestion
- 21 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 22 Family Friendly Day Trips from Arezzo
- 23 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 24 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 25 Help with basic itinerary