My husband and I are very excited to be taking our first trip to Scandinavia this summer. We fly into Copenhagen, arriving the morning of 6/20, and have until 6/27 to enjoy a taste of the region.
I've been doing some research, but, frankly, my head is spinning a bit from all the options. I'm hoping some of you savvy travelers who've spent time in this region might be able to make a suggestion or two.
We'll definitely be doing the Nutshell (preferably over 2 days), would like to see Stockholm, Viking ships, a stave church, and are generally interested in history/culture/outdoors over art/food. I'd like to travel by train as much as possible, but am having trouble figuring that out. (no night train from Copenhagen to Stockholm 6/21 or 6/22, the night train from Stockholm to Oslo has 4 changes?, etc.)
Many, many thanks in advance!
Scandinavia: Itinerary and travel help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 2 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 3 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 4 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 5 Shipping Prosecco
- 6 Venice Day Trip--Leave on 7:30 pm or midnight train back to Bologna?
- 7 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 8 Europe Tour with Kids
- 9 Italy - Month of July
- 10 What do you think of this Paris apartment rental?
- 11 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 12 Ways to travel from Venice to Bologna
- 13 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 14 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 15 Your favourite places in Bath
- 16 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 17 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 18 Italy and Croatia
- 19 Venice: Vene, Vidi, but not even close to Vici
- 20 Lakes District UK
- 21 Kimhe--flamenco
- 22 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 23 My experiences in Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada, Madrid, Segovia & Toledo
- 24 Life Jackets on Gondolas in Venice?
- 25 Italy 14 days