My husband and I are very excited to be taking our first trip to Scandinavia this summer. We fly into Copenhagen, arriving the morning of 6/20, and have until 6/27 to enjoy a taste of the region.
I've been doing some research, but, frankly, my head is spinning a bit from all the options. I'm hoping some of you savvy travelers who've spent time in this region might be able to make a suggestion or two.
We'll definitely be doing the Nutshell (preferably over 2 days), would like to see Stockholm, Viking ships, a stave church, and are generally interested in history/culture/outdoors over art/food. I'd like to travel by train as much as possible, but am having trouble figuring that out. (no night train from Copenhagen to Stockholm 6/21 or 6/22, the night train from Stockholm to Oslo has 4 changes?, etc.)
Many, many thanks in advance!
Scandinavia: Itinerary and travel help
- 1 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 2 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 3 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.
- 4 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 5 Spain - Andalucia
- 6 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 7 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 8 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 9 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 10 One more last question on Bayeux
- 11 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 12 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 13 Medieval Tallinn
- 14 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 15 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 16 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 17 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 18 Euro Train
- 19 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 20 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 21 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 22 Italian language schools
- 23 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 24 When to visit Provence updated info
- 25 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins