My husband and I are very excited to be taking our first trip to Scandinavia this summer. We fly into Copenhagen, arriving the morning of 6/20, and have until 6/27 to enjoy a taste of the region.
I've been doing some research, but, frankly, my head is spinning a bit from all the options. I'm hoping some of you savvy travelers who've spent time in this region might be able to make a suggestion or two.
We'll definitely be doing the Nutshell (preferably over 2 days), would like to see Stockholm, Viking ships, a stave church, and are generally interested in history/culture/outdoors over art/food. I'd like to travel by train as much as possible, but am having trouble figuring that out. (no night train from Copenhagen to Stockholm 6/21 or 6/22, the night train from Stockholm to Oslo has 4 changes?, etc.)
Many, many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 2 Spain or Portugal for a Beach Vacation?
- 3 14 days end to end London Heathrow
- 4 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 5 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 6 help with Italy itinerary
- 7 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 8 Praiano
- 9 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 10 AVE Train Advice from Madrid to Barcelona
- 11 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 12 Chamonix to Paris
- 13 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 14 Rome-Itinerary
- 15 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 16 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 17 Scotland and London 21 days
- 18 Rome to venice
- 19 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 20 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 21 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 22 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 23 Ireland itinerary help please
- 24 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 25 madrid-san sebastian-barcelona