My husband and I are very excited to be taking our first trip to Scandinavia this summer. We fly into Copenhagen, arriving the morning of 6/20, and have until 6/27 to enjoy a taste of the region.
I've been doing some research, but, frankly, my head is spinning a bit from all the options. I'm hoping some of you savvy travelers who've spent time in this region might be able to make a suggestion or two.
We'll definitely be doing the Nutshell (preferably over 2 days), would like to see Stockholm, Viking ships, a stave church, and are generally interested in history/culture/outdoors over art/food. I'd like to travel by train as much as possible, but am having trouble figuring that out. (no night train from Copenhagen to Stockholm 6/21 or 6/22, the night train from Stockholm to Oslo has 4 changes?, etc.)
Many, many thanks in advance!
Scandinavia: Itinerary and travel help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Great Britain Car Tour Help!
- 2 Trip from Vienna to Budapest
- 3 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 4 Cafe Sacher Vienna - go or not -thoughts
- 5 Where to stay in Varenna, Italy for 2 nights?
- 6 Alhambra questions
- 7 Berlin: evening dining
- 8 Ef Tour 10 days in Bavaria then 15 in Köthen
- 9 Help me choose between hotel spas in Austria/Bavaria!
- 10 Italy: How to get from Venice to Todi, Italy
- 11 Which disposable cell phone to buy in France?
- 12 italy-switzerland travel advice in mid to late May
- 13 Need help extending plan beyond France
- 14 Quick Survey for my thesis about online travel services
- 15 International Lhotse Expedition autumn 2015
- 16 Help with Itinerary, choosing Florence and Venice over Chianti area
- 17 Southern Europe trip (10 NIGHTS - Paris, Barcelona, Milan-Venice-Rome)
- 18 Itinerary help for 3 weeks Frankfurt to Paris
- 19 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 20 London Weekend
- 21 Rome Itinerary -- done my homework, please comment
- 22 Mont St. Michele?
- 23 Where to stay near Pont du Gard
- 24 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 25 France 8 days