My husband and I are very excited to be taking our first trip to Scandinavia this summer. We fly into Copenhagen, arriving the morning of 6/20, and have until 6/27 to enjoy a taste of the region.
I've been doing some research, but, frankly, my head is spinning a bit from all the options. I'm hoping some of you savvy travelers who've spent time in this region might be able to make a suggestion or two.
We'll definitely be doing the Nutshell (preferably over 2 days), would like to see Stockholm, Viking ships, a stave church, and are generally interested in history/culture/outdoors over art/food. I'd like to travel by train as much as possible, but am having trouble figuring that out. (no night train from Copenhagen to Stockholm 6/21 or 6/22, the night train from Stockholm to Oslo has 4 changes?, etc.)
Many, many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy - rental car damages query
- 2 Travel vs. Babies
- 3 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 4 Flights between Rome, Paris, London- I have questions!
- 5 Another strong earthquake in central Italy
- 6 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 7 Luggage allowance internal connection to international
- 8 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 9 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 10 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
- 11 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 12 CDG much improved
- 13 European Cooking Secrets
- 14 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 15 Early Spring Air Sales To Europe
- 16 London's Must Sights!
- 17 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 18 Venice & Bellagio Trip Report
- 19 20 Days in Europe
- 20 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 21 Just booked flight 11 nt trip to Italy, into Pisa, out from Milan
- 22 TGV from Paris to Vienna?
- 23 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 24 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 25 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland