My husband and I are very excited to be taking our first trip to Scandinavia this summer. We fly into Copenhagen, arriving the morning of 6/20, and have until 6/27 to enjoy a taste of the region.
I've been doing some research, but, frankly, my head is spinning a bit from all the options. I'm hoping some of you savvy travelers who've spent time in this region might be able to make a suggestion or two.
We'll definitely be doing the Nutshell (preferably over 2 days), would like to see Stockholm, Viking ships, a stave church, and are generally interested in history/culture/outdoors over art/food. I'd like to travel by train as much as possible, but am having trouble figuring that out. (no night train from Copenhagen to Stockholm 6/21 or 6/22, the night train from Stockholm to Oslo has 4 changes?, etc.)
Many, many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 2 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 3 UK Visa Help
- 4 K-Day
- 5 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 6 Sundays in Puglia
- 7 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 8 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 9 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 10 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 11 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 12 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 13 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 14 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 15 Trip to Rome
- 16 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 17 4 or 5 nights in Rome? 4 or 5 nights on AC?
- 18 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 19 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 20 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 21 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 22 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 23 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 24 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 25 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing