My husband and I are very excited to be taking our first trip to Scandinavia this summer. We fly into Copenhagen, arriving the morning of 6/20, and have until 6/27 to enjoy a taste of the region.
I've been doing some research, but, frankly, my head is spinning a bit from all the options. I'm hoping some of you savvy travelers who've spent time in this region might be able to make a suggestion or two.
We'll definitely be doing the Nutshell (preferably over 2 days), would like to see Stockholm, Viking ships, a stave church, and are generally interested in history/culture/outdoors over art/food. I'd like to travel by train as much as possible, but am having trouble figuring that out. (no night train from Copenhagen to Stockholm 6/21 or 6/22, the night train from Stockholm to Oslo has 4 changes?, etc.)
Many, many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St Andrews or Edinburgh
- 2 European Championship
- 3 Salzburg or Cesky Krumlov??
- 4 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 5 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 6 Barcelona - Tickets to Gaudi sites
- 7 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 8 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 9 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 10 Italy train strike - high speed trains?
- 11 Italy by Train - Sequence Recommendations
- 12 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 13 Italy by car
- 14 Spain and Portugal for two and a half weeks
- 15 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 16 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 17 Off to Ireland again! Solo trip...
- 18 Fill 4 or 5 days for me please-Spain
- 19 Our Amalfi Coast Adventure—Orlando to Dublin to Naples to Praiano
- 20 Ireland in October?
- 21 Barcelona-Valencia- ??? - Barcelona
- 22 Driving through the Pyrenees
- 23 Going to Denmark, Norway – what is there to see?
- 24 Itinerary….Need help from Ireland Guru's
- 25 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt