My husband and I are very excited to be taking our first trip to Scandinavia this summer. We fly into Copenhagen, arriving the morning of 6/20, and have until 6/27 to enjoy a taste of the region.
I've been doing some research, but, frankly, my head is spinning a bit from all the options. I'm hoping some of you savvy travelers who've spent time in this region might be able to make a suggestion or two.
We'll definitely be doing the Nutshell (preferably over 2 days), would like to see Stockholm, Viking ships, a stave church, and are generally interested in history/culture/outdoors over art/food. I'd like to travel by train as much as possible, but am having trouble figuring that out. (no night train from Copenhagen to Stockholm 6/21 or 6/22, the night train from Stockholm to Oslo has 4 changes?, etc.)
Many, many thanks in advance!
Scandinavia: Itinerary and travel help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 2 Foie gras, redux
- 3 Chip but no PIN
- 4 What still confounds you about travel?
- 5 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 6 Dublin Tour Companies
- 7 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 8 Day trips from Seville
- 9 Oktoberfest reservations
- 10 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 11 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 12 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 13 Switzerland and Piedmont, Italy itinerary suggestions
- 14 Completely off the beaten track on the Petite Ceinture
- 15 Southern France
- 16 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 17 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 18 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 19 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 20 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 21 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 22 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 23 Train to Airport in Venice
- 24 Golfing in Ireland
- 25 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids