My husband and I are very excited to be taking our first trip to Scandinavia this summer. We fly into Copenhagen, arriving the morning of 6/20, and have until 6/27 to enjoy a taste of the region.
I've been doing some research, but, frankly, my head is spinning a bit from all the options. I'm hoping some of you savvy travelers who've spent time in this region might be able to make a suggestion or two.
We'll definitely be doing the Nutshell (preferably over 2 days), would like to see Stockholm, Viking ships, a stave church, and are generally interested in history/culture/outdoors over art/food. I'd like to travel by train as much as possible, but am having trouble figuring that out. (no night train from Copenhagen to Stockholm 6/21 or 6/22, the night train from Stockholm to Oslo has 4 changes?, etc.)
Many, many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels in Turin
- 2 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 3 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 4 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 5 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 6 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 7 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
- 8 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 9 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 10 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 11 3 days solo in London
- 12 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 13 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 14 Help on ancient history route
- 15 Chania
- 16 Days to Avoid Roussillon, Gordes, etc.
- 17 Now to Madrid
- 18 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 19 Trip Report: The last hurrah? A fortnight in Lake Como
- 20 Village visit in Northern Italy
- 21 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 22 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 23 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 24 Sicily: which coast?
- 25 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?