We are planning a 14 day trip to the UK. We are a family of 4, with a couple of kids(10 & 12). My wife and I have traveled abroad a bit, but our kids haven't.
Initially we wanted to do this:
Fly into London
Go to Paris
Paris to Edinburgh
Edinburgh to Inverness
Inverness to Glasgow
Glasgow to Belfast
Belfast to Dublin
Dublin to Blackpool
Blackpool to Bath
Bath to London
Thought about it and decided to drop France, then also Ireland & N. Ireland. We then adapted the trip idea to this rough draft:
Arrive in London, London to York (1 night)
York to Edinburgh x3
Edinburgh to Inverness x2
Inverness to Keswick x2
Keswick to Bath x2
Our goals are to see
Harry Potter Warner Brothers Studio,
Dover Castle underground tunnels
St. Paul’s, Greenwich
Tower of London
Is this doable or should i stick with a 3-4-3-4 type schedule. 3 in the greater York area. 4 around Edinburgh. 3 in Bath or The Lake District. 4 back in London's area.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 2 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 3 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 4 Couscous
- 5 16 days in France and Italy
- 6 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 7 Avoid Europcar!
- 8 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
- 9 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 10 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 11 Scotland - We're Here!
- 12 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 13 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 14 Paris for children
- 15 European Vacation 2017
- 16 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 17 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 18 Naples + Walking Tour
- 19 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 20 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 21 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 22 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 23 One July night in Verona - help!
- 24 London in September
- 25 Cash in Greece ATMs