We are planning a 14 day trip to the UK. We are a family of 4, with a couple of kids(10 & 12). My wife and I have traveled abroad a bit, but our kids haven't.
Initially we wanted to do this:
Fly into London
Go to Paris
Paris to Edinburgh
Edinburgh to Inverness
Inverness to Glasgow
Glasgow to Belfast
Belfast to Dublin
Dublin to Blackpool
Blackpool to Bath
Bath to London
Thought about it and decided to drop France, then also Ireland & N. Ireland. We then adapted the trip idea to this rough draft:
Arrive in London, London to York (1 night)
York to Edinburgh x3
Edinburgh to Inverness x2
Inverness to Keswick x2
Keswick to Bath x2
Our goals are to see
Harry Potter Warner Brothers Studio,
Dover Castle underground tunnels
St. Paul’s, Greenwich
Tower of London
Is this doable or should i stick with a 3-4-3-4 type schedule. 3 in the greater York area. 4 around Edinburgh. 3 in Bath or The Lake District. 4 back in London's area.
Rough itinerary for 14 days in the UK
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GIRONA Spain - 1 day
- 2 car rental companies Italy
- 3 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 4 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 5 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 6 hotels in Seville
- 7 Nice hotel in Garmisch, Fussen or Mittenwald
- 8 Mykonos - Ornos beach question
- 9 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 10 England/Scotland Itinerary
- 11 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 12 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 13 Sicily Suggetions
- 14 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 15 SICILY - PALERMO or TRAPANI as a base?
- 16 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 17 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 18 Mykonos Grand, Cavo Tagoo, Saint Johns, Belvedere or Grace?
- 19 Paris in April?
- 20 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 21 Three days in Spain
- 22 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 23 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 24 7 days in Greece
- 25 Estonia Amber