We are planning a 14 day trip to the UK. We are a family of 4, with a couple of kids(10 & 12). My wife and I have traveled abroad a bit, but our kids haven't.
Initially we wanted to do this:
Fly into London
Go to Paris
Paris to Edinburgh
Edinburgh to Inverness
Inverness to Glasgow
Glasgow to Belfast
Belfast to Dublin
Dublin to Blackpool
Blackpool to Bath
Bath to London
Thought about it and decided to drop France, then also Ireland & N. Ireland. We then adapted the trip idea to this rough draft:
Arrive in London, London to York (1 night)
York to Edinburgh x3
Edinburgh to Inverness x2
Inverness to Keswick x2
Keswick to Bath x2
Our goals are to see
Harry Potter Warner Brothers Studio,
Dover Castle underground tunnels
St. Paul’s, Greenwich
Tower of London
Is this doable or should i stick with a 3-4-3-4 type schedule. 3 in the greater York area. 4 around Edinburgh. 3 in Bath or The Lake District. 4 back in London's area.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Reaching the Lake District
- 2 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 3 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 4 Paris experts- hotel near train ?
- 5 3 days outside Venice
- 6 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
- 7 Night Bus?
- 8 Avignon, best place to drop off a rental car?
- 9 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 10 Spider-Man HomeComing Full Movie Svenska Sub HD
- 11 Moldova and Transnistria
- 12 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 13 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 14 Jewish Vienna
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 16 Andalucia Spain
- 17 seat reservations
- 18 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 19 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 20 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 21 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 22 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 23 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 24 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 25 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland