We are planning a 14 day trip to the UK. We are a family of 4, with a couple of kids(10 & 12). My wife and I have traveled abroad a bit, but our kids haven't.
Initially we wanted to do this:
Fly into London
Go to Paris
Paris to Edinburgh
Edinburgh to Inverness
Inverness to Glasgow
Glasgow to Belfast
Belfast to Dublin
Dublin to Blackpool
Blackpool to Bath
Bath to London
Thought about it and decided to drop France, then also Ireland & N. Ireland. We then adapted the trip idea to this rough draft:
Arrive in London, London to York (1 night)
York to Edinburgh x3
Edinburgh to Inverness x2
Inverness to Keswick x2
Keswick to Bath x2
Our goals are to see
Harry Potter Warner Brothers Studio,
Dover Castle underground tunnels
St. Paul’s, Greenwich
Tower of London
Is this doable or should i stick with a 3-4-3-4 type schedule. 3 in the greater York area. 4 around Edinburgh. 3 in Bath or The Lake District. 4 back in London's area.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cambridge in May
- 2 First time in Bulgaria
- 3 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 4 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 5 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 6 No Periods in British Written English!
- 7 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 8 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 9 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 10 Madrid/Lisbon
- 11 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 12 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 13 Greek fuel cost
- 14 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 15 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 16 Beach + City + Hiking + Art + Views + Food =
- 17 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 18 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 19 Day trips from Florence
- 20 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 21 May get together in Paris
- 22 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 23 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 24 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 25 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons