We are planning a 14 day trip to the UK. We are a family of 4, with a couple of kids(10 & 12). My wife and I have traveled abroad a bit, but our kids haven't.
Initially we wanted to do this:
Fly into London
Go to Paris
Paris to Edinburgh
Edinburgh to Inverness
Inverness to Glasgow
Glasgow to Belfast
Belfast to Dublin
Dublin to Blackpool
Blackpool to Bath
Bath to London
Thought about it and decided to drop France, then also Ireland & N. Ireland. We then adapted the trip idea to this rough draft:
Arrive in London, London to York (1 night)
York to Edinburgh x3
Edinburgh to Inverness x2
Inverness to Keswick x2
Keswick to Bath x2
Our goals are to see
Harry Potter Warner Brothers Studio,
Dover Castle underground tunnels
St. Paul’s, Greenwich
Tower of London
Is this doable or should i stick with a 3-4-3-4 type schedule. 3 in the greater York area. 4 around Edinburgh. 3 in Bath or The Lake District. 4 back in London's area.
Rough itinerary for 14 days in the UK
- 1 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 2 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 3 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 4 London at Easter
- 5 7 days in Andalucia
- 6 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 7 Health Resort & Medical Spa Panorama Morska Jarosławiec
- 8 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 9 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 10 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 11 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 12 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 13 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 14 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 15 Advises for trip to Russia
- 16 Dillit Language school in Rome?
- 17 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 18 Planning a holiday
- 19 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 20 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 21 Traveling within Italy
- 22 To Paris and Provence in June
- 23 How to Travel from Seville to Malaga
- 24 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 25 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report