We are planning a 14 day trip to the UK. We are a family of 4, with a couple of kids(10 & 12). My wife and I have traveled abroad a bit, but our kids haven't.
Initially we wanted to do this:
Fly into London
Go to Paris
Paris to Edinburgh
Edinburgh to Inverness
Inverness to Glasgow
Glasgow to Belfast
Belfast to Dublin
Dublin to Blackpool
Blackpool to Bath
Bath to London
Thought about it and decided to drop France, then also Ireland & N. Ireland. We then adapted the trip idea to this rough draft:
Arrive in London, London to York (1 night)
York to Edinburgh x3
Edinburgh to Inverness x2
Inverness to Keswick x2
Keswick to Bath x2
Our goals are to see
Harry Potter Warner Brothers Studio,
Dover Castle underground tunnels
St. Paul’s, Greenwich
Tower of London
Is this doable or should i stick with a 3-4-3-4 type schedule. 3 in the greater York area. 4 around Edinburgh. 3 in Bath or The Lake District. 4 back in London's area.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)
- 2 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 3 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 4 AIR BERLIN SALE
- 5 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 6 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 7 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 8 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 9 Train help for Prague
- 10 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 11 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 12 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 13 driving from prague to salzburg
- 14 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 15 Swiss Travel Pass
- 16 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 17 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 18 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 19 Germany train help!
- 20 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 21 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 22 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 23 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 24 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 25 Our Italian Honeymoon (first timers)