We are planning a 14 day trip to the UK. We are a family of 4, with a couple of kids(10 & 12). My wife and I have traveled abroad a bit, but our kids haven't.
Initially we wanted to do this:
Fly into London
Go to Paris
Paris to Edinburgh
Edinburgh to Inverness
Inverness to Glasgow
Glasgow to Belfast
Belfast to Dublin
Dublin to Blackpool
Blackpool to Bath
Bath to London
Thought about it and decided to drop France, then also Ireland & N. Ireland. We then adapted the trip idea to this rough draft:
Arrive in London, London to York (1 night)
York to Edinburgh x3
Edinburgh to Inverness x2
Inverness to Keswick x2
Keswick to Bath x2
Our goals are to see
Harry Potter Warner Brothers Studio,
Dover Castle underground tunnels
St. Paul’s, Greenwich
Tower of London
Is this doable or should i stick with a 3-4-3-4 type schedule. 3 in the greater York area. 4 around Edinburgh. 3 in Bath or The Lake District. 4 back in London's area.
Rough itinerary for 14 days in the UK
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 2 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 3 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 4 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 5 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 6 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 7 Prague - cool & unusual things to see
- 8 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 9 For 20,000 Euros, carve your initials in the Roman Colosseum
- 10 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 11 Italian Lakes
- 12 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 13 To live in Cinque Terre National Park
- 14 Best town to stay in when visiting Grossglockner area in Austria?
- 15 Amsterdam and An Amputee
- 16 Dolomites - Where to stay!
- 17 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 18 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 19 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 20 Dolomites in May? Worth it?
- 21 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 22 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 23 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 24 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 25 Naxos in May