I will be spending a few days in Frankfurt before visiting Rothenburg and then Fussen. I want to see some nice towns along the way but I am not driving, so I would like to use Rothenburg as a base and then take day trips to Bamburg, Wurzburg, Nuremberg etc. by train.
(Therefore, I would like to stay in Rothenburg for 4 nights (and 4 full days). 1st day: explore Rothenburg. Other 3 days: day trips to nearby towns.) Is this a good strategy? My goal is to minimize the hassle of dragging luggage back and forth from train stations to hotels etc.
Is there another Romantic Road town that would serve as a better 'base' than Rothenburg? (or are there any other day trips you would recommend from Rothenburg?)
Rothenburg ob der Tauber as a base for exploring other towns?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 2 Calling home from abroad
- 3 Visiting Verona Arena during the day
- 4 Bike touring in France
- 5 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 6 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 7 Need help in finalizing Switzerland travel dates
- 8 Dordogne in October
- 9 Visiting Pompeii Via Train From Naples To Sorrento
- 10 Croatia: BEACHES/NIGHTCLUBS
- 11 Suggestion for wine tasting and winery tours in Tuscany
- 12 Scotland Wedding Planning, Added Belgium! Logistics help, Plz?
- 13 Anyone familiar with Villa Treville?
- 14 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 15 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 16 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 17 Paris first then where?
- 18 Paris: A Classical Music Concert
- 19 bringing back some bits from Italy. What's allowed?
- 20 What is the fastest and best way to travel across Europe
- 21 CROATIA SPLIT
- 22 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 23 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 24 Does this sound feasible?
- 25 Family trip to Europe - suggestions welcome