I will be spending a few days in Frankfurt before visiting Rothenburg and then Fussen. I want to see some nice towns along the way but I am not driving, so I would like to use Rothenburg as a base and then take day trips to Bamburg, Wurzburg, Nuremberg etc. by train.
(Therefore, I would like to stay in Rothenburg for 4 nights (and 4 full days). 1st day: explore Rothenburg. Other 3 days: day trips to nearby towns.) Is this a good strategy? My goal is to minimize the hassle of dragging luggage back and forth from train stations to hotels etc.
Is there another Romantic Road town that would serve as a better 'base' than Rothenburg? (or are there any other day trips you would recommend from Rothenburg?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 2 St Denis Cathedral
- 3 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 4 Rouen Tour Companies
- 5 Italy bus or train
- 6 Vacation
- 7 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 8 Take your necessary things while traveling!
- 9 Ireland itinerary help please
- 10 Where to stay in Berlin Berlin
- 11 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 12 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 13 Rome-Itinerary
- 14 2 weeks in Southern Ireland
- 15 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 16 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 17 Tour fron Malaga to Allehambra
- 18 Sabbatical in Tuscany
- 19 5 days greece tour! Help me plz!
- 20 Berlin to Italy
- 21 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 22 Florence - Where to stay
- 23 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 24 Killarney
- 25 Where to go!?
Rothenburg ob der Tauber as a base for exploring other towns?