I will be spending a few days in Frankfurt before visiting Rothenburg and then Fussen. I want to see some nice towns along the way but I am not driving, so I would like to use Rothenburg as a base and then take day trips to Bamburg, Wurzburg, Nuremberg etc. by train.
(Therefore, I would like to stay in Rothenburg for 4 nights (and 4 full days). 1st day: explore Rothenburg. Other 3 days: day trips to nearby towns.) Is this a good strategy? My goal is to minimize the hassle of dragging luggage back and forth from train stations to hotels etc.
Is there another Romantic Road town that would serve as a better 'base' than Rothenburg? (or are there any other day trips you would recommend from Rothenburg?)
Rothenburg ob der Tauber as a base for exploring other towns?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear
- 2 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 3 London neighborhood suggestions
- 4 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 5 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 6 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 7 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 8 Berlin flea markets during the week???
- 9 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 10 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 11 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 12 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 13 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 14 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 15 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 16 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 17 german rail ticket question
- 18 Tipping in Greece
- 19 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 20 Fashion for larger man?
- 21 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 22 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 23 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 24 Small group for Colosseum
- 25 travel from Edinburgh to Paris