I will be spending a few days in Frankfurt before visiting Rothenburg and then Fussen. I want to see some nice towns along the way but I am not driving, so I would like to use Rothenburg as a base and then take day trips to Bamburg, Wurzburg, Nuremberg etc. by train.
(Therefore, I would like to stay in Rothenburg for 4 nights (and 4 full days). 1st day: explore Rothenburg. Other 3 days: day trips to nearby towns.) Is this a good strategy? My goal is to minimize the hassle of dragging luggage back and forth from train stations to hotels etc.
Is there another Romantic Road town that would serve as a better 'base' than Rothenburg? (or are there any other day trips you would recommend from Rothenburg?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 2 One night in Rome
- 3 Sintra
- 4 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 5 How the kids age calculated
- 6 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 7 Murren to Prague
- 8 What tips can you give about packing?
- 9 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 10 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 11 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 12 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 13 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 14 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 15 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 16 LHR airport and hotel pick up times for Justairports.com
- 17 Scotland Trip Report
- 18 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 19 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 20 Cordoba Overnight?
- 21 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 22 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 23 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 24 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 25 Firt time VISA applicant
Rothenburg ob der Tauber as a base for exploring other towns?