Hi y'all from Virginia!
Well, we leave for España in exactly 4 weeks. Needless to say, we're excited. Most of our plans are in place: 2 nights in Segovia, a night at the Parador in Lerma, 2 nights in Salamanca, then on to Semana Santa at our Madrid apartment in the Retiro barrio. But there's one question I have yet to ask: which Bodega in the Ribera del Duero should we visit? We get into Lerma on a Friday evening (after stopping in Pedraza and...maybe...Sepulveda on the way). Then we'll head to Salamanca. We want to stop in Peñafiel on the way to see the wine museum at the castle--which sounds great--but a winery visit sounds really exciting. Here's what we are looking for:
--on the smaller side, or at least not too Mondavi-like
--fairly close to Peñafiel
--would take an appointment on Saturday
--somewhat inexpensive wines (I work for Trader Joe's so value is important!)
--kid-friendly (our 2 girls aged 8 and 12 will be with my wife and I)
--wines that are well-made but don't need to be the best of the best
Given the sheer number of bodegas (over 200) I am at a total loss as to where to begin. Any Fodorian help would be muy apreciada!
Ribera del Duero--which bodega(s) should we visit?
Hi y'all from Virginia!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What is legal to bring back to the US?
- 2 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 3 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 4 Vacation in Spain ,Madrid-Sevilla-Cadiz-!Cordova-Lisboa
- 5 Day trips from Bologna
- 6 Terrorism in Europe
- 7 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 8 Bringing Wine Home From France
- 9 Question for those who have traveled to Portugal
- 10 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 11 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 12 Hotels in Madrid Spain
- 13 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 14 Best time of day to get tickets to the Anne Frank Haus?
- 15 Vicenza day trip - can we walk everywhere?
- 16 Getting from airport to hotel in Prague
- 17 Grad Schools in London?
- 18 Mama Mia Italy!
- 19 Chasing the Tour de France 2014
- 20 Tips on renting a car in Oxford
- 21 Paris in black and white
- 22 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 23 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 24 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 25 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?