Hi y'all from Virginia!
Well, we leave for España in exactly 4 weeks. Needless to say, we're excited. Most of our plans are in place: 2 nights in Segovia, a night at the Parador in Lerma, 2 nights in Salamanca, then on to Semana Santa at our Madrid apartment in the Retiro barrio. But there's one question I have yet to ask: which Bodega in the Ribera del Duero should we visit? We get into Lerma on a Friday evening (after stopping in Pedraza and...maybe...Sepulveda on the way). Then we'll head to Salamanca. We want to stop in Peñafiel on the way to see the wine museum at the castle--which sounds great--but a winery visit sounds really exciting. Here's what we are looking for:
--on the smaller side, or at least not too Mondavi-like
--fairly close to Peñafiel
--would take an appointment on Saturday
--somewhat inexpensive wines (I work for Trader Joe's so value is important!)
--kid-friendly (our 2 girls aged 8 and 12 will be with my wife and I)
--wines that are well-made but don't need to be the best of the best
Given the sheer number of bodegas (over 200) I am at a total loss as to where to begin. Any Fodorian help would be muy apreciada!
Ribera del Duero--which bodega(s) should we visit?
Hi y'all from Virginia!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mont St Michel
- 2 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 3 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 4 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 5 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 6 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 7 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 8 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 9 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 10 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 11 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 12 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 13 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 14 renting a car in Germany
- 15 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 16 Tickets to Sagrada Familia
- 17 Paris in April?
- 18 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 19 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 20 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 21 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 22 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 23 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 24 Bergamo/Bellagio - suggestions?
- 25 London hotel