Hi y'all from Virginia!
Well, we leave for España in exactly 4 weeks. Needless to say, we're excited. Most of our plans are in place: 2 nights in Segovia, a night at the Parador in Lerma, 2 nights in Salamanca, then on to Semana Santa at our Madrid apartment in the Retiro barrio. But there's one question I have yet to ask: which Bodega in the Ribera del Duero should we visit? We get into Lerma on a Friday evening (after stopping in Pedraza and...maybe...Sepulveda on the way). Then we'll head to Salamanca. We want to stop in Peñafiel on the way to see the wine museum at the castle--which sounds great--but a winery visit sounds really exciting. Here's what we are looking for:
--on the smaller side, or at least not too Mondavi-like
--fairly close to Peñafiel
--would take an appointment on Saturday
--somewhat inexpensive wines (I work for Trader Joe's so value is important!)
--kid-friendly (our 2 girls aged 8 and 12 will be with my wife and I)
--wines that are well-made but don't need to be the best of the best
Given the sheer number of bodegas (over 200) I am at a total loss as to where to begin. Any Fodorian help would be muy apreciada!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 British Airways hand luggage - how strict are they on measurements?
- 2 Train/Subway Questions
- 3 Any Glasgow Experts?
- 4 too many London hotels!
- 5 Where in Costa del Sol ?
- 6 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 7 Parking in Hallstadt, Dachstein and Linz?
- 8 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 9 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 10 Dachstein - Salzkammergut Visit
- 11 Itinerary Barcelona & Southern France 9/23-10/14/15
- 12 No cars/taxis in Paris...at all....9/27
- 13 Cloest Rome train station to FCO
- 14 Travel Time from Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord Station?
- 15 Sorrento or Positano
- 16 Suggestions on traveling from Palermo, Sicily to Munich, Germany
- 17 France -2 weeks Itinerary critique
- 18 Road Trip: Munich, Germany to Northern Italy
- 19 Need good fondue in Lucerne
- 20 Greece, Italy Or Swiss in Late Oct ??
- 21 Our Next Europe Trip
- 22 8 days in southern Italy - best way to visit Pompeii and Naples
- 23 South Florida, Transatlantic cruise, Berlin, Gorlitz and Dresden and Poland
- 24 The cathedral of Amiens in color
- 25 Great Hotels in Prague and Vienna?
Hi y'all from Virginia!