Hi y'all from Virginia!
Well, we leave for España in exactly 4 weeks. Needless to say, we're excited. Most of our plans are in place: 2 nights in Segovia, a night at the Parador in Lerma, 2 nights in Salamanca, then on to Semana Santa at our Madrid apartment in the Retiro barrio. But there's one question I have yet to ask: which Bodega in the Ribera del Duero should we visit? We get into Lerma on a Friday evening (after stopping in Pedraza and...maybe...Sepulveda on the way). Then we'll head to Salamanca. We want to stop in Peñafiel on the way to see the wine museum at the castle--which sounds great--but a winery visit sounds really exciting. Here's what we are looking for:
--on the smaller side, or at least not too Mondavi-like
--fairly close to Peñafiel
--would take an appointment on Saturday
--somewhat inexpensive wines (I work for Trader Joe's so value is important!)
--kid-friendly (our 2 girls aged 8 and 12 will be with my wife and I)
--wines that are well-made but don't need to be the best of the best
Given the sheer number of bodegas (over 200) I am at a total loss as to where to begin. Any Fodorian help would be muy apreciada!
Ribera del Duero--which bodega(s) should we visit?
Hi y'all from Virginia!
- 1 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 2 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 3 Madrid to Sevilla
- 4 Ireland in a week
- 5 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 6 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 7 Dawdling Through the Dordogne
- 8 Le Marche and Rome - Part 3 - Recanati
- 9 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 10 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 11 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 12 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 13 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 14 To Paris and Provence in June
- 15 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 16 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 17 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 18 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 19 7 days in Andalucia
- 20 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014
- 21 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 22 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 23 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 24 A Month in Bologna Photos/Blog TR
- 25 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?