As an offshoot to another question I have on here.... Since you are seasoned travelers with unique experiences...
What have been your most memorable experiences in the various regions of France? What has made a particular region stand out to you? Whether in the big city, the beaches of the south, the mountains, the countryside, a particular interaction, winery, food item, restaurant, day trip?
For me, we were in Paris. We walked down a side street that had zero tourists and went to a cafe, had a lovely omelet and coffee. But the husband/wife owners were just some of the nicest people we have ever met. So earnest. Our conversation was just head nods and smiles, but the best conversation ever. Just additional clarity that even though our home and Paris have so many differences, it is a small world and we are all more similar than we think.
Looking to see more of the lovely country next, what experiences have defined France for you?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation
- 2 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 3 Walking itinerary in England?
- 4 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 5 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 6 Dog friendly hotels
- 7 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 8 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 9 Cambridge in May
- 10 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 11 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 12 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 13 No Periods in British Written English!
- 14 Self drive tour companies
- 15 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 16 Madrid/Lisbon
- 17 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 18 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 19 Day trip from Vienna (Prague, Budapest, Britislava, Salzburg)
- 20 Day trips around Vienna
- 21 Greek fuel cost
- 22 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 23 Killarney
- 24 First time in Bulgaria
- 25 Ireland last minute recommendations