As an offshoot to another question I have on here.... Since you are seasoned travelers with unique experiences...
What have been your most memorable experiences in the various regions of France? What has made a particular region stand out to you? Whether in the big city, the beaches of the south, the mountains, the countryside, a particular interaction, winery, food item, restaurant, day trip?
For me, we were in Paris. We walked down a side street that had zero tourists and went to a cafe, had a lovely omelet and coffee. But the husband/wife owners were just some of the nicest people we have ever met. So earnest. Our conversation was just head nods and smiles, but the best conversation ever. Just additional clarity that even though our home and Paris have so many differences, it is a small world and we are all more similar than we think.
Looking to see more of the lovely country next, what experiences have defined France for you?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily help
- 2 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 3 Transport for local Venice travel
- 4 Borghese Gallery Question
- 5 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 6 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 7 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 8 London vacation rental agency
- 9 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 10 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 11 Towns around Lucca
- 12 Cork questions
- 13 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 14 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 15 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 16 Italy Vacation
- 17 Stu Tower
- 18 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 19 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 20 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 21 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 22 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 23 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 24 Germany or Sweden
- 25 Crete Holiday