As an offshoot to another question I have on here.... Since you are seasoned travelers with unique experiences...
What have been your most memorable experiences in the various regions of France? What has made a particular region stand out to you? Whether in the big city, the beaches of the south, the mountains, the countryside, a particular interaction, winery, food item, restaurant, day trip?
For me, we were in Paris. We walked down a side street that had zero tourists and went to a cafe, had a lovely omelet and coffee. But the husband/wife owners were just some of the nicest people we have ever met. So earnest. Our conversation was just head nods and smiles, but the best conversation ever. Just additional clarity that even though our home and Paris have so many differences, it is a small world and we are all more similar than we think.
Looking to see more of the lovely country next, what experiences have defined France for you?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Valencia Spain
- 2 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 3 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 4 Driving in Italy
- 5 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 6 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 7 Paris in August
- 8 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 9 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 10 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 11 Rome Water Shortage
- 12 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 13 Getting around London
- 14 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 15 The DCC scam is spreading
- 16 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 17 Train travel to and from Paris
- 18 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 19 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 20 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 21 Christmas in Spain
- 22 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 23 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 24 Vigo Spain????
- 25 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace