Hello fellow travelers,
We are in the beginning stages of planning a trip to Spain for this summer (realizing we're a bit late, but still optimistic!) We visited Barcelona last summer and loved it, so this year we’d like to explore more of the country.
I’ve done some research online and in books, and I’m hoping for help from the experts here on Fodors to help me develop my itinerary.
My husband and I will be traveling from with our two teenage sons (19 and 17). We have visited Italy, France and Switzerland and have rented cars in Provence and Tuscany, so we’re comfortable driving, but DH wouldn’t mind public transportation to break things up a bit!
We have enough miles for at least one and possibly two free tickets on Delta, depending on the exact dates of travel. We’d like to minimize back-tracking, so I thought we could fly into Madrid from JFK and back home from Malaga. We love a variety of experiences when we travel: art museums and strolling in cities like Paris and Rome, driving through scenic countryside, immersing ourselves in the medieval history of Siena…all of it!
Here’s the rough draft of our itinerary so far:
Madrid: 4 nights
Toledo: either as a side trip or spend a night or two—looking for recommendations here
Train to Seville: spend about 5 nights, renting a car to do day trips to the Hill Towns
Drive (or train) to Granada, stopping to visit Cordoba on the way (or should we spend a night in Cordoba?)
Granada: 4 nights, with side trips to Costa del Sol
Morocco: not too sure we want to go here; I’ve read mixed reviews. Your thoughts?
Malaga: one night before we catch our flight home
While we know it will likely be very hot in the summer, that’s the only time we can travel due to school schedules. If anyone can recommend a nice spot by the sea to stay for a couple of nights before returning home, we’d certainly like that.
We’d be grateful for any suggestions or advice on hotels and transportation between these cities, or other places we should visit. Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 온라인 릴 게임 사이트 ▣ 홈피:≫tt349.com≪
- 2 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 3 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 6 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 7 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 8 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 9 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 10 Rome or Venice first
- 11 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 12 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 13 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 14 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 15 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 16 3 day trip to iceland
- 17 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 18 Alitala
- 19 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 20 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 21 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 22 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 23 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 24 celticmoon, a quick question
- 25 Car service from Vienna Airport
Hello fellow travelers,