I shall be in Paris at the end of August. I'll be staying at a hotel (Saint Pierre Hotel) in the 6th Arrondissement. I was wondering if you'll could recommend some places to grab breakfast, lunch and dinner in the area. Nothing fancy, just a regular meal.
I am staying for 5 days; would $100/day for food and transportation be a reasonable estimate? I don't plan to take cabs, plan to take the bus or the metro. This would be my first time in Europe.
Also, I looking online at Velib bike rentals. I already ordered the Andrews Credit Union Chip and Pin card, will hopefully receive it soon. Has anyone on here tried the Velib bike rentals? Any other bike rentals that you would recommend?
Thanks for the help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 2 Suggestions for fall trip to Brittany
- 3 Need advice. To Drive or not in Poland
- 4 Booking.com trustworthy?
- 5 Best Viking Sites
- 6 Language to use in Belgium
- 7 US AARP discounts in Europe
- 8 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 9 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 10 Spanish Basque Country Itinerary?
- 11 Car Hire Bologna
- 12 Sherry Triangle--Where to Stay
- 13 San Sebastian Beaches
- 14 Skiathos 2017
- 15 Hiking Tips in Scotland
- 16 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 17 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 18 SURPRISE TRIP
- 19 Rick Steves Pickpocketed in Paris!
- 20 Driving in Wales
- 21 National Parks near Prague, Budapest, Vienna or Eastern Europe?
- 22 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 23 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 24 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 25 Need train ticket help for Prague
Paris: Places to eat in the 6th Arr. -and- Velib bike rental question