I shall be in Paris at the end of August. I'll be staying at a hotel (Saint Pierre Hotel) in the 6th Arrondissement. I was wondering if you'll could recommend some places to grab breakfast, lunch and dinner in the area. Nothing fancy, just a regular meal.
I am staying for 5 days; would $100/day for food and transportation be a reasonable estimate? I don't plan to take cabs, plan to take the bus or the metro. This would be my first time in Europe.
Also, I looking online at Velib bike rentals. I already ordered the Andrews Credit Union Chip and Pin card, will hopefully receive it soon. Has anyone on here tried the Velib bike rentals? Any other bike rentals that you would recommend?
Thanks for the help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 2 St Denis Cathedral
- 3 May get together in Paris
- 4 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 5 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 6 Paris in September
- 7 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 8 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 9 Day trips from Florence
- 10 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 11 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 12 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 13 First time in Bulgaria
- 14 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 15 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 16 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 17 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 18 No Periods in British Written English!
- 19 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 20 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 21 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 22 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 23 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 24 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 25 Self drive tour companies
Paris: Places to eat in the 6th Arr. -and- Velib bike rental question