My husband and I are going to Italy for 3 months as part of our retirement experiences.
The idea is rent an apartment and live as a local - we are already studying italian
We did this last year in France and we ave choosen Lion as our city - not a very busy place but not too small...an it was absolutely perfect. We rented a litlle flat, we did french course, we went to the gym... as any other person in town . It was so good we went back for other 3 months
We have a lot of doubts because we don´t know mch about Italy. Rome, Florence and Milan are out - too big, too touristic.
Some friends have told us that Palermo would be perfect as it is a very "italian" city, very funny and warm.
Can you helm here with some opinions about how will be living threre for 3 months ?? How is public transportation, costs, inmigrant problems, etc??
We will be there during october, november and december. No rented cars we are pedestrians all the time...
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Metro
- 2 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 3 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 4 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 5 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 6 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 7 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 8 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 9 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 10 If you had to choose one......
- 11 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 12 A good book!!
- 13 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 14 CDG airport and connection time
- 15 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 16 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 17 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 18 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 19 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 20 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 21 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 22 getting to CDG
- 23 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 24 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 25 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions