My husband and I are going to Italy for 3 months as part of our retirement experiences.
The idea is rent an apartment and live as a local - we are already studying italian
We did this last year in France and we ave choosen Lion as our city - not a very busy place but not too small...an it was absolutely perfect. We rented a litlle flat, we did french course, we went to the gym... as any other person in town . It was so good we went back for other 3 months
We have a lot of doubts because we don´t know mch about Italy. Rome, Florence and Milan are out - too big, too touristic.
Some friends have told us that Palermo would be perfect as it is a very "italian" city, very funny and warm.
Can you helm here with some opinions about how will be living threre for 3 months ?? How is public transportation, costs, inmigrant problems, etc??
We will be there during october, november and december. No rented cars we are pedestrians all the time...
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 2 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 3 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 4 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 5 Where to stay & what to do in Gran Canaria?
- 6 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 7 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 8 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 9 Germany family road trip help!
- 10 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 11 Santorini lodging
- 12 Barcelona
- 13 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 14 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 15 Prague
- 16 Ischia
- 17 No Periods in British Written English!
- 18 Spain and South of France
- 19 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 20 Overnight at Heathrow
- 21 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 22 France, UK and Ireland
- 23 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 24 Ronda Wine/biking
- 25 Starting my Paris plan for May