My husband and I are going to Italy for 3 months as part of our retirement experiences.
The idea is rent an apartment and live as a local - we are already studying italian
We did this last year in France and we ave choosen Lion as our city - not a very busy place but not too small...an it was absolutely perfect. We rented a litlle flat, we did french course, we went to the gym... as any other person in town . It was so good we went back for other 3 months
We have a lot of doubts because we don´t know mch about Italy. Rome, Florence and Milan are out - too big, too touristic.
Some friends have told us that Palermo would be perfect as it is a very "italian" city, very funny and warm.
Can you helm here with some opinions about how will be living threre for 3 months ?? How is public transportation, costs, inmigrant problems, etc??
We will be there during october, november and december. No rented cars we are pedestrians all the time...
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 2 Russia in two weeks in December
- 3 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 4 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 5 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 6 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 7 Christmas Day in Granada
- 8 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 9 car insurance italy
- 10 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 11 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 12 Venice/Mestre
- 13 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 14 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 15 Spanish Medical Providers
- 16 Transylvania - June 2018
- 17 Italy Car Scam
- 18 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 19 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 20 Krakow
- 21 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 22 Quizz !
- 23 Pay attention to your watches !
- 24 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 25 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line