My husband and I are going to Italy for 3 months as part of our retirement experiences.
The idea is rent an apartment and live as a local - we are already studying italian
We did this last year in France and we ave choosen Lion as our city - not a very busy place but not too small...an it was absolutely perfect. We rented a litlle flat, we did french course, we went to the gym... as any other person in town . It was so good we went back for other 3 months
We have a lot of doubts because we don´t know mch about Italy. Rome, Florence and Milan are out - too big, too touristic.
Some friends have told us that Palermo would be perfect as it is a very "italian" city, very funny and warm.
Can you helm here with some opinions about how will be living threre for 3 months ?? How is public transportation, costs, inmigrant problems, etc??
We will be there during october, november and december. No rented cars we are pedestrians all the time...
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ms outlook@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h SUPP0RT CARE *
- 2 Village visit in Northern Italy
- 3 Natural History Museum: Wildlife Photographer of the Year
- 4 Now to Madrid
- 5 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 6 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 7 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 8 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 9 Sicily: which coast?
- 10 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 11 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 12 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 13 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 14 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 15 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 16 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 17 3 days solo in London
- 18 Chania
- 19 Edinbrugh
- 20 Berlin to ?
- 21 Hotels in Turin
- 22 Help on ancient history route
- 23 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 24 Studying art in English in venice
- 25 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries