My husband and I are going to Italy for 3 months as part of our retirement experiences.
The idea is rent an apartment and live as a local - we are already studying italian
We did this last year in France and we ave choosen Lion as our city - not a very busy place but not too small...an it was absolutely perfect. We rented a litlle flat, we did french course, we went to the gym... as any other person in town . It was so good we went back for other 3 months
We have a lot of doubts because we don´t know mch about Italy. Rome, Florence and Milan are out - too big, too touristic.
Some friends have told us that Palermo would be perfect as it is a very "italian" city, very funny and warm.
Can you helm here with some opinions about how will be living threre for 3 months ?? How is public transportation, costs, inmigrant problems, etc??
We will be there during october, november and december. No rented cars we are pedestrians all the time...
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 driving from prague to salzburg
- 2 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 3 Acropolis Athens
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 6 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 7 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 8 Versailles
- 9 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 10 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 11 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 12 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 13 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 14 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 15 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 16 Meteora for older folk
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 19 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 20 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 21 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 22 Swiss Half Fare Card
- 23 Germany train help!
- 24 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 25 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??