My husband and I are starting to get into the details of our trip. We are looking to take an overnight train from Paris to Rome and not sure where to start. I have read some negative things about Euro Railways and Rail Euro (not sure if it's the same company?) and I'm concerned about what to do. Some people have suggested the Trenitalia but I'm not sure where from Paris we would get on the train (there are multiple Paris stops).
Can anyone provide some suggestions in terms of what to do for first-time travelers to Europe and our first time using the train? Any place to purchase the tickets, where the cheapest ones are at and anything else we need to know would be great. Thanks so much everyone!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 2 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 3 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 4 Salzburg itinerary review
- 5 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 6 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 7 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 8 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 9 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 10 Milan and Lake Como
- 11 weekend from cologne germany
- 12 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 13 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 14 Switzerland in September
- 15 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 16 Where to eat in Rome?
- 17 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 18 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 19 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 21 Positano or Sorrento?
- 22 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 23 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 24 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 25 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?