My husband and I are starting to get into the details of our trip. We are looking to take an overnight train from Paris to Rome and not sure where to start. I have read some negative things about Euro Railways and Rail Euro (not sure if it's the same company?) and I'm concerned about what to do. Some people have suggested the Trenitalia but I'm not sure where from Paris we would get on the train (there are multiple Paris stops).
Can anyone provide some suggestions in terms of what to do for first-time travelers to Europe and our first time using the train? Any place to purchase the tickets, where the cheapest ones are at and anything else we need to know would be great. Thanks so much everyone!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London, guided tours vs "do it oursleves"
- 2 Trains France/Switzerland
- 3 fear of driving in rome!
- 4 Italy trains question
- 5 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 6 Best/Most Scenic Route to Annecy, France from Amsterdam
- 7 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 8 Le Marche, Italy
- 9 Where to stay in Italy for a month in Oct/Nov
- 10 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 11 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 12 Need help identifying something in Barcelona
- 13 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 14 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 15 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 16 European Championship
- 17 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 18 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 19 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 20 Our Amalfi Coast Adventure—Orlando to Dublin to Naples to Praiano
- 21 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 22 Two nights with kids in Normandy/Brittany
- 23 Lisboa upscale hotel choice (??)
- 24 Bellissimo Rome, Amalfi Coast, Florence and Caserta: Our wonderful trip
- 25 Scotland--transport from Dundee wharf to Edinburgh city center