My husband and I are starting to get into the details of our trip. We are looking to take an overnight train from Paris to Rome and not sure where to start. I have read some negative things about Euro Railways and Rail Euro (not sure if it's the same company?) and I'm concerned about what to do. Some people have suggested the Trenitalia but I'm not sure where from Paris we would get on the train (there are multiple Paris stops).
Can anyone provide some suggestions in terms of what to do for first-time travelers to Europe and our first time using the train? Any place to purchase the tickets, where the cheapest ones are at and anything else we need to know would be great. Thanks so much everyone!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Northern Italy 1 week HELP
- 2 March in Amsterdam 1 week spring break
- 3 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 4 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 5 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 6 Rome, Florence and a cruise this fall
- 7 My 60th birthday surprises
- 8 Beginner travelers on a budget to Marseille
- 9 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 10 Help with first time trip with family
- 11 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 12 Tuscany or Cinque Terre?
- 13 Verona or Athens?
- 14 Rome 1st Time - Wish you'd known, tips, unexpected surprises
- 15 Spain car rental questions
- 16 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 17 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 18 Basque country ideas
- 19 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 20 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 21 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 22 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 23 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 24 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 25 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow