My husband and I are starting to get into the details of our trip. We are looking to take an overnight train from Paris to Rome and not sure where to start. I have read some negative things about Euro Railways and Rail Euro (not sure if it's the same company?) and I'm concerned about what to do. Some people have suggested the Trenitalia but I'm not sure where from Paris we would get on the train (there are multiple Paris stops).
Can anyone provide some suggestions in terms of what to do for first-time travelers to Europe and our first time using the train? Any place to purchase the tickets, where the cheapest ones are at and anything else we need to know would be great. Thanks so much everyone!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 2 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 3 Scotland Trip
- 4 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 5 Suggest the best land-based casino in Central London
- 6 Frankfurt to (insert ideads here) then to the Mosel region
- 7 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 8 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 9 What to take to Germany
- 10 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 11 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 12 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 13 4 week trip Turkey
- 14 TARANGIRE NATIONAL PARK FULL DAY
- 15 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 16 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 17 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 18 Holiday in Austria
- 19 What one thing in Paris?
- 20 Restaurant Booking sites which one to use, if any, in Spain?
- 21 Golden sunsets in Tver and Torjor
- 22 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 23 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 24 Paris Under Seige...
- 25 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015