My husband and I are starting to get into the details of our trip. We are looking to take an overnight train from Paris to Rome and not sure where to start. I have read some negative things about Euro Railways and Rail Euro (not sure if it's the same company?) and I'm concerned about what to do. Some people have suggested the Trenitalia but I'm not sure where from Paris we would get on the train (there are multiple Paris stops).
Can anyone provide some suggestions in terms of what to do for first-time travelers to Europe and our first time using the train? Any place to purchase the tickets, where the cheapest ones are at and anything else we need to know would be great. Thanks so much everyone!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 2 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 3 Fodors's Slow to Load Lately?
- 4 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 5 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 6 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 7 Scotland
- 8 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 9 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 10 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 11 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 12 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 13 Maximizing Norway time
- 14 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 15 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 16 Studying art in English in venice
- 17 Berlin to ?
- 18 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 19 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 20 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 21 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 22 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 23 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 24 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 25 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa