Hi Spain experts!
Thanks for all your help in planning our October trip to Madrid and Andalucia so far.
Our itinerary has totally changed as we will now be joining up with cousins from Europe for five days. Because they want to hit all the "big" sites in Andalucia in the short time they have, we will be racing through some places we thought we'd spend time in, retracing our steps, and generally disregarding our own rules of travel. But spending time with my European cousins (Dane married to German) is too wonderful to pass up.
Our new itinerary:
Fly to Madrid/connect to Sevilla -
Day 1-4 Sevilla
HOTEL: Alma Sevilla
Day 5 Rent car, Drive to Cordoba--see sights--drive on to Granada
HOTEL: Casa 1800
Day 6 Granada and Alhambra 8:30 AM tour (bought tickets already)
Day 7 Drive to Malaga ( dropping cousins off at airport)
HOTEL: Castillo de Santa Catalina
Day 8 and 9 Drive to Ronda and tour/hike white villages
HOTEL: Aire de Ronda
Day 10 Drop car off in Sevilla, train to Madrid
HOTEL: Catalonia Las Cortes OR Suite Prado Hotel OR ME Madrid OR
Radisson Blu Madrid
Day 11, 12 Madrid, with day trip to Toledo
Day 13 fly home
Comments on itinerary or hotels? Anyone stayed at these? Most conflicted in Madrid, as standard rooms at Catalonia Las Cortes (first choice) and ME Madrid seem VERY small, and other choices are less money.
My cousins booked the car from Europe (much better rates), so may be hard to change, but it has been suggested we drop one night in Ronda and add to Madrid. I do hate to have two one nighters in a row (I hate one nighters in general). We thought it might be nice to take a break from all the museums and hike around the small white villages. The night in Malaga was a lucky strike extra--added it because we have to drive our cousins to the airport.
Will we be bored in the Ronda/Malaga section? Crazed in Madrid?
Also, as my previous post noted, although my husband loves to drive, he is not too crazy about heights. Read some scary posts about the drives between Malaga and Ronda. We want to drive scenic highways, but avoid death defying turns like those on the Amalfi coast. Any suggestions for best roads, towns to visit, etc. most welcome.
As are restaurant reco's in all locations!! In fact, ALL comments are welcome. You are all so helpful.
Our completely revamped, circular tour of Andalucia--more help, please!
Hi Spain experts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 2 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 3 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 4 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 5 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 6 4-6 weeks
- 7 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 8 France, Italy and Greec
- 9 How to pay tolls in Portugal when there is no toll booth
- 10 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 11 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 12 Venice Banning Fodors
- 13 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 14 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 15 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 16 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 17 Eiffel tower tickets
- 18 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 19 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 20 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 21 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 22 Rome---August and September
- 23 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 24 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 25 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015