Hi Spain experts!
Thanks for all your help in planning our October trip to Madrid and Andalucia so far.
Our itinerary has totally changed as we will now be joining up with cousins from Europe for five days. Because they want to hit all the "big" sites in Andalucia in the short time they have, we will be racing through some places we thought we'd spend time in, retracing our steps, and generally disregarding our own rules of travel. But spending time with my European cousins (Dane married to German) is too wonderful to pass up.
Our new itinerary:
Fly to Madrid/connect to Sevilla -
Day 1-4 Sevilla
HOTEL: Alma Sevilla
Day 5 Rent car, Drive to Cordoba--see sights--drive on to Granada
HOTEL: Casa 1800
Day 6 Granada and Alhambra 8:30 AM tour (bought tickets already)
Day 7 Drive to Malaga ( dropping cousins off at airport)
HOTEL: Castillo de Santa Catalina
Day 8 and 9 Drive to Ronda and tour/hike white villages
HOTEL: Aire de Ronda
Day 10 Drop car off in Sevilla, train to Madrid
HOTEL: Catalonia Las Cortes OR Suite Prado Hotel OR ME Madrid OR
Radisson Blu Madrid
Day 11, 12 Madrid, with day trip to Toledo
Day 13 fly home
Comments on itinerary or hotels? Anyone stayed at these? Most conflicted in Madrid, as standard rooms at Catalonia Las Cortes (first choice) and ME Madrid seem VERY small, and other choices are less money.
My cousins booked the car from Europe (much better rates), so may be hard to change, but it has been suggested we drop one night in Ronda and add to Madrid. I do hate to have two one nighters in a row (I hate one nighters in general). We thought it might be nice to take a break from all the museums and hike around the small white villages. The night in Malaga was a lucky strike extra--added it because we have to drive our cousins to the airport.
Will we be bored in the Ronda/Malaga section? Crazed in Madrid?
Also, as my previous post noted, although my husband loves to drive, he is not too crazy about heights. Read some scary posts about the drives between Malaga and Ronda. We want to drive scenic highways, but avoid death defying turns like those on the Amalfi coast. Any suggestions for best roads, towns to visit, etc. most welcome.
As are restaurant reco's in all locations!! In fact, ALL comments are welcome. You are all so helpful.
Our completely revamped, circular tour of Andalucia--more help, please!
Hi Spain experts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Eating in France-two new books
- 2 Fjords, How To?
- 3 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 4 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 5 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 6 What to wear
- 7 Fashion for larger man?
- 8 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 9 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 10 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 11 London neighborhood suggestions
- 12 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 13 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 14 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 15 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 16 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 17 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 18 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 19 Berlin flea markets during the week???
- 20 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 21 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 22 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 23 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 24 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 25 Interesting markets to visit in Paris