Hi Spain experts!
Thanks for all your help in planning our October trip to Madrid and Andalucia so far.
Our itinerary has totally changed as we will now be joining up with cousins from Europe for five days. Because they want to hit all the "big" sites in Andalucia in the short time they have, we will be racing through some places we thought we'd spend time in, retracing our steps, and generally disregarding our own rules of travel. But spending time with my European cousins (Dane married to German) is too wonderful to pass up.
Our new itinerary:
Fly to Madrid/connect to Sevilla -
Day 1-4 Sevilla
HOTEL: Alma Sevilla
Day 5 Rent car, Drive to Cordoba--see sights--drive on to Granada
HOTEL: Casa 1800
Day 6 Granada and Alhambra 8:30 AM tour (bought tickets already)
Day 7 Drive to Malaga ( dropping cousins off at airport)
HOTEL: Castillo de Santa Catalina
Day 8 and 9 Drive to Ronda and tour/hike white villages
HOTEL: Aire de Ronda
Day 10 Drop car off in Sevilla, train to Madrid
HOTEL: Catalonia Las Cortes OR Suite Prado Hotel OR ME Madrid OR
Radisson Blu Madrid
Day 11, 12 Madrid, with day trip to Toledo
Day 13 fly home
Comments on itinerary or hotels? Anyone stayed at these? Most conflicted in Madrid, as standard rooms at Catalonia Las Cortes (first choice) and ME Madrid seem VERY small, and other choices are less money.
My cousins booked the car from Europe (much better rates), so may be hard to change, but it has been suggested we drop one night in Ronda and add to Madrid. I do hate to have two one nighters in a row (I hate one nighters in general). We thought it might be nice to take a break from all the museums and hike around the small white villages. The night in Malaga was a lucky strike extra--added it because we have to drive our cousins to the airport.
Will we be bored in the Ronda/Malaga section? Crazed in Madrid?
Also, as my previous post noted, although my husband loves to drive, he is not too crazy about heights. Read some scary posts about the drives between Malaga and Ronda. We want to drive scenic highways, but avoid death defying turns like those on the Amalfi coast. Any suggestions for best roads, towns to visit, etc. most welcome.
As are restaurant reco's in all locations!! In fact, ALL comments are welcome. You are all so helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 15 days trip to Europe
- 2 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 3 Vuerling airlines
- 4 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 5 Italy/ Sicily - Help with area west of Palermo
- 6 Flamenco concerts in Madrid
- 7 France for a month in 2017
- 8 Swiss: 9 day trip
- 9 RENFE error message during payment
- 10 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 11 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 12 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 13 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
- 14 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 15 Venice Film Fest
- 16 Europe itinerary
- 17 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 18 All of Spain or something else..?
- 19 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 20 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 21 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium and France
- 22 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 23 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 24 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 25 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
Our completely revamped, circular tour of Andalucia--more help, please!
Hi Spain experts!