flying into malaga

Search

flying into malaga

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flying into malaga

flying into malaga and plan on renting a car and seeing sevilla, cordoba, granada, then driving to toledo and madrid and flying out of madrid in 12 days does that sould like alot to cover in that time any suggestions?
Old Jul 30th, 2005, 08:48 AM

You can do it (I did), but you will be tired... Just remember that Sevilla and Granada are in opposite directions. And make to sure to book tickets for the Alhambra (in Granada) ahead of time, otherwise you won't be able to go in. When are you planning to go?
Old Jul 30th, 2005, 10:12 AM

I would suggest renting the car for the malaga, seville, cordoba, granada portion of your trip, then taking the train or flying from Malaga to Madrid and using the train or bus to Toledo. Will save you lots of time and you can get very inexpensive rates on flights between the two cities (iberia.com, spanair.com).
Old Jul 30th, 2005, 11:02 AM

We flew into Malaga and rented a car. We used the car for daytrips to Nerja, Ronda, Gibraltor and Granada, and along the coast seeing Marbella, and the other towns close by. We drove to Sevilla and dropped the car off there and spent 2 days before taking the AVE train to Madrid with a stop for the afternoon in Cordoba. One of the most fun and interesting vacations ever!
Old Jul 30th, 2005, 11:40 AM

Sounds good to me, yes lots of driving but you can stop where you want.

I suggest a stop in Jaen city, on the way if you leave Granada to Madrid.
(got a write-up on Jaen on http://www.craftytraveler.com)

Fantastic drive north of JAEN province through "despenaperros" into Castillo la Mancha.

Contrary to everything I keep reading it is not necesary to book ahead for the Alhambra. Just get there early.

How do I know? Everyone that has gone from my holiday home arrived on spec with no problem, and after reading a report in the British press saying you need to book 3 months ahead, I rang the Alhambra who said "no way" at busy times its adviseable, but still not necessary.

Old Jul 30th, 2005, 01:08 PM

Well, veletas, you were luckier than I was. I got there early, but still, could not get it (it was in September).
Old Jul 30th, 2005, 04:20 PM

Correction: could not get "in" (the Alhambra, that is).
Old Jul 31st, 2005, 10:21 AM
Original Poster

how long a car trip from granada to madrid maybe we will leave out toledo
Old Jul 31st, 2005, 12:16 PM

You can go straight to Madrid and then visit Toledo on a day trip. It is only one hour by bus, a nice ride.

I would not miss Toledo, though; it is really beautiful, the Cathedral is something out of this world with paintings by El Greco. Also, it is a great place to buy souvenirs - all kinds of golden jewelry at very reasonable prices - to bring back home to friends.