We are 4 people (2 adults and 2kids of 4.5 and 9 years of age) travelling to Venice from Florence on the 8th May. We then head to MXP(Malpensa airport) on the 9th evening as we have a flight on the 10th morning.
Someone suggested that we stay outside Venice and go to see Venice on the 8th and then on the 9th. Does it make sense and if yes, where can we stay from where we can reach Venice easily and economically.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 2 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 3 Switzerland
- 4 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 5 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 6 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 7 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 8 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 9 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 10 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 11 Revised itinerary for italy
- 12 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 13 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 14 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 15 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 16 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 17 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 18 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 19 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 20 If you had to choose one......
- 21 Amalfi Coast help
- 22 Paris Metro
- 23 A good book!!
- 24 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 25 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
Options of staying closer outside Venice and coming to Venice