I'm planning a day-trip to see the cave paintings in Puente Viesgo. My friend and I will be in Bilbao for several days and are renting a car for one of them. This will be our only day in the Basque region with a car; I'm hoping someone can help point us in an interesting direction.
The morning hours and early afternoon will be dedicated to getting to and touring the caves. I don't want to overbook the day, but would like to have a few specific options available when we're done in Puente Viesgo. It looks like we could do a scenic southern route back to Bilbao, or we could go back north and poke around some small towns that aren't on the main bus and train routes. I'm really open to anything. Suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Korean Messages
- 4 Swiss Travel Pass
- 5 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 6 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 7 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 8 6-7 Days in France
- 9 Romeloft Apartment Trastevere
- 10 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 11 5 Days in Switzerland
- 12 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 13 Petrol in Greece
- 14 Another tipping question: concierges
- 15 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 16 Budapest in December 2017
- 17 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 18 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 19 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 20 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 21 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 22 H10 Urquinaona Hotel in Barcelona
- 23 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 24 Acropolis Athens
- 25 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna