I'm planning a day-trip to see the cave paintings in Puente Viesgo. My friend and I will be in Bilbao for several days and are renting a car for one of them. This will be our only day in the Basque region with a car; I'm hoping someone can help point us in an interesting direction.
The morning hours and early afternoon will be dedicated to getting to and touring the caves. I don't want to overbook the day, but would like to have a few specific options available when we're done in Puente Viesgo. It looks like we could do a scenic southern route back to Bilbao, or we could go back north and poke around some small towns that aren't on the main bus and train routes. I'm really open to anything. Suggestions?
One day with a car - daytrip from Bilbao
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Student with no visa: Will I be denied re-entry into Germany???
- 2 Monet's Giverny
- 3 wedding abroad
- 4 2 Weeks in Spain for a wedding in Leon.
- 5 ferry messina to reggio calabria
- 6 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 5 First Full Day in Vienna
- 7 Innsbruck or Interlaken/Jungfrau for winter activities in May
- 8 Train from Barcelona-Saints to Estacio de Franca
- 9 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 4 First Evening in Vienna
- 10 hotel near Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen
- 11 Three weeks in Italy with a two-year old
- 12 Paris or Rome in March or possibly September/October
- 13 10 nights in Southern Spain: Itinerary & Questions
- 14 Cookware in France
- 15 Vespa Tour - Florence
- 16 apartment
- 17 Biking from The Hague to Rotterdam
- 18 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 19 Vaucluse Lavander
- 20 Recommended drivers for Tuscany
- 21 Tuscany-private driver for hire?
- 22 Pilgrim Churches of the Llyn Peninsula
- 23 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 24 English language info/site for Belgium bus services
- 25 Powerscourt OR Glendalough?