I'm planning a day-trip to see the cave paintings in Puente Viesgo. My friend and I will be in Bilbao for several days and are renting a car for one of them. This will be our only day in the Basque region with a car; I'm hoping someone can help point us in an interesting direction.
The morning hours and early afternoon will be dedicated to getting to and touring the caves. I don't want to overbook the day, but would like to have a few specific options available when we're done in Puente Viesgo. It looks like we could do a scenic southern route back to Bilbao, or we could go back north and poke around some small towns that aren't on the main bus and train routes. I'm really open to anything. Suggestions?
One day with a car - daytrip from Bilbao
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 2 Gift for French business associate
- 3 Alterations to night trains routes
- 4 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 5 Trip Report, part 1
- 6 Help with logistics of 2 days on the Rhine
- 7 Scottish Passport
- 8 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 9 shortened trip to Italy
- 10 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 11 from Munchen train to Romerberg
- 12 Air France strike
- 13 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 14 Italy tours
- 15 Exchanging Large Euro Notes(Currency) in Ireland
- 16 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 17 Amsterdam
- 18 Early October 2014 Trip to Mosel Valley and Rhineland
- 19 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 20 Sunny September Trip Report
- 21 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 22 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 23 Travel insurance, interruption or cancelation?
- 24 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 25 London GTG late September?