I'm planning a day-trip to see the cave paintings in Puente Viesgo. My friend and I will be in Bilbao for several days and are renting a car for one of them. This will be our only day in the Basque region with a car; I'm hoping someone can help point us in an interesting direction.
The morning hours and early afternoon will be dedicated to getting to and touring the caves. I don't want to overbook the day, but would like to have a few specific options available when we're done in Puente Viesgo. It looks like we could do a scenic southern route back to Bilbao, or we could go back north and poke around some small towns that aren't on the main bus and train routes. I'm really open to anything. Suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Enjoying England for a year!
- 2 Spain - Advice for Beach towns
- 3 Iceland in 4 days?
- 4 Our time in Rome
- 5 Europe itinerary
- 6 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 7 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 8 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 9 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 10 London road closings this weekend: Bike Race
- 11 Renting International Cars from USA
- 12 Europe itinerary review
- 13 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 14 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 15 train from ravenna to parma
- 16 Timing when visiting the Dordogne Department
- 17 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 18 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 19 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 20 European Travel in March
- 21 Les bons plans de whathello - paris - hotel
- 22 Transport from Prague to Slovenia-Croatia-Bosnia-Romania
- 23 My First Trip to Europe...
- 24 Looking for a car with a driver in Ireland
- 25 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please