I'm planning a day-trip to see the cave paintings in Puente Viesgo. My friend and I will be in Bilbao for several days and are renting a car for one of them. This will be our only day in the Basque region with a car; I'm hoping someone can help point us in an interesting direction.
The morning hours and early afternoon will be dedicated to getting to and touring the caves. I don't want to overbook the day, but would like to have a few specific options available when we're done in Puente Viesgo. It looks like we could do a scenic southern route back to Bilbao, or we could go back north and poke around some small towns that aren't on the main bus and train routes. I'm really open to anything. Suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 2 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 3 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 4 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 5 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 6 Norway in a Nutshell - Travel Report
- 7 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 8 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 9 Azores
- 10 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 11 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 12 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 13 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 14 Short Trip in July
- 15 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 16 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 17 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 18 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 19 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 20 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 21 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 22 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 23 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 24 Sim Card Options
- 25 Greek Islands (small)