I'm planning a day-trip to see the cave paintings in Puente Viesgo. My friend and I will be in Bilbao for several days and are renting a car for one of them. This will be our only day in the Basque region with a car; I'm hoping someone can help point us in an interesting direction.
The morning hours and early afternoon will be dedicated to getting to and touring the caves. I don't want to overbook the day, but would like to have a few specific options available when we're done in Puente Viesgo. It looks like we could do a scenic southern route back to Bilbao, or we could go back north and poke around some small towns that aren't on the main bus and train routes. I'm really open to anything. Suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cornwall and Germany
- 2 England/Scotland In January questions
- 3 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 4 Nymphenburg Palace in Munich: how much time to allow?
- 5 Place to stay in London
- 6 Rugby World Cup - is your team playing?
- 7 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 8 Barcelona to south of France
- 9 Edinburgh Questions...
- 10 Holding bags in Paris
- 11 Cost comparison b/w Paris and Switzerland(wengen)
- 12 Visiting Rungis on October 9, 2015
- 13 Fall trip to The Netherlands and Belgium
- 14 Trip to France (Provence, Languedoc/Roussillon) - a quick summary
- 15 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 16 15 Days in Italy - Cost breakdown & notes
- 17 Giverny vs. Versailles
- 18 Breakfast by Roman Colosseum Suggestions?
- 19 Tapas in Madrid and other stuff to do
- 20 Stockholm+Copenhagen or Amsterdam + Ghent + Brugge in July
- 21 Dublin & Stockholm
- 22 Getting from Milan to MXP
- 23 SIXT car rental uk
- 24 Planning first trip to Germany, looking for any recommendations!!!
- 25 Montpillier Car Rental Return Help