I'm planning a day-trip to see the cave paintings in Puente Viesgo. My friend and I will be in Bilbao for several days and are renting a car for one of them. This will be our only day in the Basque region with a car; I'm hoping someone can help point us in an interesting direction.
The morning hours and early afternoon will be dedicated to getting to and touring the caves. I don't want to overbook the day, but would like to have a few specific options available when we're done in Puente Viesgo. It looks like we could do a scenic southern route back to Bilbao, or we could go back north and poke around some small towns that aren't on the main bus and train routes. I'm really open to anything. Suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice on what to visit in Slovenia
- 2 Luggage in rental car while touring Normandie and Loire Valley
- 3 Night at MSM or Honfleur?
- 4 I want to buy a European flat iron
- 5 Six Days to get From Athens to Rome
- 6 Paris Hotel - Hotel des Nations St-Germain , Le Méridien Etoile
- 7 Lisbon transportation
- 8 Seeking help on my 12 days trip from Switzerland to Austria
- 9 French Basque country
- 10 Rome Walking Guide
- 11 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 12 Drumroll....I finally decided on a Roman Hotel!
- 13 Questions regarding currency exhange
- 14 Germany to Austria in 11 days? Help!
- 15 Eating Our Way Through Paris...Again! Trip Report
- 16 PAY ATTENTION AT TERMINI TRAIN STATION
- 17 Palace Versaille - worth the lines ?
- 18 Italy on the Cheap (Mostly), May 2015
- 19 Stop between Paris and Amsterdam that isn't Bruges or Brussels?
- 20 Driving in Poland
- 21 Help! College daughter's 1st day in Nerja, Spain/converter broke!!
- 22 Swiss Bernese Regional Pass - Part way OK, then rest of way pay?
- 23 Copenhagen Dress Code
- 24 Has anyone ever booked a Rome food tour with Elizabeth Minchilli?
- 25 8 nights Geneva to Zurich itinerary ideas