I'm planning a day-trip to see the cave paintings in Puente Viesgo. My friend and I will be in Bilbao for several days and are renting a car for one of them. This will be our only day in the Basque region with a car; I'm hoping someone can help point us in an interesting direction.
The morning hours and early afternoon will be dedicated to getting to and touring the caves. I don't want to overbook the day, but would like to have a few specific options available when we're done in Puente Viesgo. It looks like we could do a scenic southern route back to Bilbao, or we could go back north and poke around some small towns that aren't on the main bus and train routes. I'm really open to anything. Suggestions?
One day with a car - daytrip from Bilbao
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England and Scotland
- 2 Dublin to Armagh?
- 3 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 4 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 5 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 6 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 7 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 8 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 9 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 10 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 11 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 12 Budapest to Berlin by Train - Tickets on DB BAHN not available for 05 Jan
- 13 Air pollution in Paris
- 14 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 15 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 16 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 17 connecting flight to marseille or not
- 18 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 19 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 20 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 21 France, Italy and Greec
- 22 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 23 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 24 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 25 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio