I'm planning a day-trip to see the cave paintings in Puente Viesgo. My friend and I will be in Bilbao for several days and are renting a car for one of them. This will be our only day in the Basque region with a car; I'm hoping someone can help point us in an interesting direction.
The morning hours and early afternoon will be dedicated to getting to and touring the caves. I don't want to overbook the day, but would like to have a few specific options available when we're done in Puente Viesgo. It looks like we could do a scenic southern route back to Bilbao, or we could go back north and poke around some small towns that aren't on the main bus and train routes. I'm really open to anything. Suggestions?
One day with a car - daytrip from Bilbao
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Weekend in Norfolk
- 2 Garmisch Partenkirchen : Help pick a guest house/pension
- 3 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old
- 4 Bregenz or Lindau
- 5 best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain
- 6 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 7 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 8 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 9 Italy and Croatia
- 10 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 11 Barcelona/Andalucia
- 12 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 13 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 14 Spain, best travel route between Madrid & Barcelona?
- 15 Provence or Alsace in late March
- 16 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 17 Checking or storing luggage at FCO
- 18 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 19 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 20 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 21 Best beach town in Italy?
- 22 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 23 A Greek sojourn
- 24 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 25 Bollywood in Berlin -- with English subs