I'm planning a day-trip to see the cave paintings in Puente Viesgo. My friend and I will be in Bilbao for several days and are renting a car for one of them. This will be our only day in the Basque region with a car; I'm hoping someone can help point us in an interesting direction.
The morning hours and early afternoon will be dedicated to getting to and touring the caves. I don't want to overbook the day, but would like to have a few specific options available when we're done in Puente Viesgo. It looks like we could do a scenic southern route back to Bilbao, or we could go back north and poke around some small towns that aren't on the main bus and train routes. I'm really open to anything. Suggestions?
One day with a car - daytrip from Bilbao
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RER B Schedule on a Sunday Morning
- 2 Best Neighborhood To Stay In In Rome
- 3 Croatia Itinerary Help - Late May-Early June (15n)
- 4 Do European countries offer tax (or other) advantages to B&B owners?
- 5 Train from Sarlat
- 6 Barcelona restaurants
- 7 Venice tourist travel pass
- 8 Italy late Sept to early Oct 2015
- 9 BAR; SEV; MAD - Apr/May Activity: Running, Tennis and concerts ...
- 10 4 days in Scotland
- 11 Cinque Terre and Côte d'Azur
- 12 Two days in Dublin
- 13 Easiest way to get from San Sebastian to Toulouse or Brive in France
- 14 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 15 Sicily - Piazza Armerina from Siracusa?
- 16 San Sebastian / Donostia
- 17 Trains
- 18 Airb2b in Paris
- 19 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 20 Paris in one day with 2 kids
- 21 Help with another Sicily itinerary (15 nights)
- 22 Need help for unforgettable trip in PARIS
- 23 Munich/Bavaria, Austria and Switz trip suggestions/comments
- 24 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 25 mailing a package in advance of arrival at a Berlin hotel