I'm planning a day-trip to see the cave paintings in Puente Viesgo. My friend and I will be in Bilbao for several days and are renting a car for one of them. This will be our only day in the Basque region with a car; I'm hoping someone can help point us in an interesting direction.
The morning hours and early afternoon will be dedicated to getting to and touring the caves. I don't want to overbook the day, but would like to have a few specific options available when we're done in Puente Viesgo. It looks like we could do a scenic southern route back to Bilbao, or we could go back north and poke around some small towns that aren't on the main bus and train routes. I'm really open to anything. Suggestions?
One day with a car - daytrip from Bilbao
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St Germain
- 2 Lakes District UK
- 3 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 4 Suggestions for Munich in early December
- 5 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 6 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 7 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 8 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 9 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 10 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 11 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 12 Rome Areas to stay
- 13 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 14 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 15 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 16 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 17 Versailles-How Long to Plan for a Visit to Trianons
- 18 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 19 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 20 Careful now in train stations even after security
- 21 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 22 When to go to Sicily
- 23 Wengen to Torino?
- 24 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 25 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car