I'm planning a day-trip to see the cave paintings in Puente Viesgo. My friend and I will be in Bilbao for several days and are renting a car for one of them. This will be our only day in the Basque region with a car; I'm hoping someone can help point us in an interesting direction.
The morning hours and early afternoon will be dedicated to getting to and touring the caves. I don't want to overbook the day, but would like to have a few specific options available when we're done in Puente Viesgo. It looks like we could do a scenic southern route back to Bilbao, or we could go back north and poke around some small towns that aren't on the main bus and train routes. I'm really open to anything. Suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 2 Day trips from Florence
- 3 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 4 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 5 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 6 First time in Bulgaria
- 7 Paris in September
- 8 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 9 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 10 St Denis Cathedral
- 11 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 12 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 13 May get together in Paris
- 14 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 15 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 16 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 17 No Periods in British Written English!
- 18 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 19 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 20 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 21 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 22 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 23 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 24 Self drive tour companies
- 25 Rouen Tour Companies