I'm planning a day-trip to see the cave paintings in Puente Viesgo. My friend and I will be in Bilbao for several days and are renting a car for one of them. This will be our only day in the Basque region with a car; I'm hoping someone can help point us in an interesting direction.
The morning hours and early afternoon will be dedicated to getting to and touring the caves. I don't want to overbook the day, but would like to have a few specific options available when we're done in Puente Viesgo. It looks like we could do a scenic southern route back to Bilbao, or we could go back north and poke around some small towns that aren't on the main bus and train routes. I'm really open to anything. Suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Austrian Alps
- 2 Return to Paris after 15 Years
- 3 Purchasing Trenitalia Tickets
- 4 Iceland first time!
- 5 Advice on best area to stay in Barcelona
- 6 Rhine / Mosel Rivers in Germany and Beyond
- 7 Copenhagen - where to go/see
- 8 Almafi Coast Vs. French Riviera
- 9 evening tours of Agrigento in Sicily?
- 10 Which church/churches do you recommend seeing
- 11 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 12 Natinoal parks, which one?
- 13 Amsterdam and beyond
- 14 Amsterdam to Alsace
- 15 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 16 Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau
- 17 Pompei Excursion from Sorrento? What do you think of this estimate?
- 18 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 19 RTVE article on Spain ATM fees
- 20 A wonderful month in France
- 21 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 22 Yay or Nay to these "front of the line" Vatican tours?
- 23 48 hours in london with kids and stay at premier inn
- 24 Alsace
- 25 Italy- Sicily and the Amalfi coast - travel logistics