I'm planning a day-trip to see the cave paintings in Puente Viesgo. My friend and I will be in Bilbao for several days and are renting a car for one of them. This will be our only day in the Basque region with a car; I'm hoping someone can help point us in an interesting direction.
The morning hours and early afternoon will be dedicated to getting to and touring the caves. I don't want to overbook the day, but would like to have a few specific options available when we're done in Puente Viesgo. It looks like we could do a scenic southern route back to Bilbao, or we could go back north and poke around some small towns that aren't on the main bus and train routes. I'm really open to anything. Suggestions?
One day with a car - daytrip from Bilbao
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 2 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 3 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 4 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 5 Where to go in France mid July?
- 6 Help with England/Wales tour
- 7 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 8 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 9 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 10 Is Venice really dirty?
- 11 Cotswold Churches
- 12 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 13 Best beach town in Italy?
- 14 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 15 TRYP or Hotel Londres Inglaterra
- 16 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 17 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 18 Italy and Croatia
- 19 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 20 Five nights in Extremadura
- 21 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 22 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 23 Best Car Rental company in Italy?
- 24 trip to norway
- 25 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy