I'm planning a day-trip to see the cave paintings in Puente Viesgo. My friend and I will be in Bilbao for several days and are renting a car for one of them. This will be our only day in the Basque region with a car; I'm hoping someone can help point us in an interesting direction.
The morning hours and early afternoon will be dedicated to getting to and touring the caves. I don't want to overbook the day, but would like to have a few specific options available when we're done in Puente Viesgo. It looks like we could do a scenic southern route back to Bilbao, or we could go back north and poke around some small towns that aren't on the main bus and train routes. I'm really open to anything. Suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 2 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 3 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 4 Who is up for an informal GTG in Paris between Oct 15-22
- 5 Greece Experts
- 6 Passport question - carry with or leave at hotel?
- 7 Short, one day trip to Sighișoara, what do you recommend?
- 8 France to stop making foie grois
- 9 Base City for N Europe Layover
- 10 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 11 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 12 Ireland driving itinerary
- 13 Greece Itinerary
- 14 Germany and Austria trip report
- 15 From London to Paris to US
- 16 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 17 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 18 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 19 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 20 Nice village, good restaurant, between Bologna and Florence?
- 21 Puglia
- 22 My greece vacation
- 23 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 24 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 25 Naples or Genoa