I'm planning a day-trip to see the cave paintings in Puente Viesgo. My friend and I will be in Bilbao for several days and are renting a car for one of them. This will be our only day in the Basque region with a car; I'm hoping someone can help point us in an interesting direction.
The morning hours and early afternoon will be dedicated to getting to and touring the caves. I don't want to overbook the day, but would like to have a few specific options available when we're done in Puente Viesgo. It looks like we could do a scenic southern route back to Bilbao, or we could go back north and poke around some small towns that aren't on the main bus and train routes. I'm really open to anything. Suggestions?
One day with a car - daytrip from Bilbao
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wish me luck please
- 2 How would you spend 4 nights/3days on Lake Como?
- 3 Turkey - Live report
- 4 Train from Paris to Avignon
- 5 Exchanging Dollars to Euros
- 6 Trans-Siberian Railway
- 7 Small town /village within an hour of Dublin Airport
- 8 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 9 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 10 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 11 Montpellier - To do? To eat? To Shop?
- 12 Paris: Best Bistros
- 13 Apartment in Seville in April help
- 14 North side of Thun Lake Switzerland as a lodging base
- 15 Athens and which islands?
- 16 TGV and Intercités Sales Open April 2 forTravel Through August 30
- 17 Eleanor's Pages
- 18 Is the roof of La Grande Arche de la Défense open yet?
- 19 "Untours" as a tour guide
- 20 Exquisite side trip from Cinque Terre?
- 21 Trip from Vienna to Budapest
- 22 Help with Lucerne in April
- 23 Great Britain Car Tour Help!
- 24 Car rental at Athens airport
- 25 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!