In late June/early July, I'm planning a two week trip to Northern Italy/Southern France/Switzerland. I'm flying in and out of Milan, and I plan to rent a car. We have been to Milan, except we went to Venice, Tuscany etc. during that trip, so this time, we want to explore the lakes more.
I was thinking of first driving down to Genoa, then driving down the coastline to Provence. From there, I wanted to drive up to Annecy/Geneva and into Switzerland. I know that Switzerland is really expensive, so I'm only looking to spend 3-4 days there. In Switzerland, I want to drive to Lucerne and then finally back down through the lakes to Milan.
Any suggestions on routes, specific places to visit, days to spend in each place, itinerary etc. will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rue des Rosiers
- 2 Holiday in Austria
- 3 First Trip to Europe!
- 4 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 5 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 6 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 7 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 8 Italian Riviera
- 9 Switzerland in mid-April
- 10 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 11 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 12 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 13 Hamam Istanbul?
- 14 Scotland Trip
- 15 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 16 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 17 Paris Under Seige...
- 18 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 19 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 20 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 21 visa appointment experience
- 22 What to take to Germany
- 23 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 24 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 25 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.