In late June/early July, I'm planning a two week trip to Northern Italy/Southern France/Switzerland. I'm flying in and out of Milan, and I plan to rent a car. We have been to Milan, except we went to Venice, Tuscany etc. during that trip, so this time, we want to explore the lakes more.
I was thinking of first driving down to Genoa, then driving down the coastline to Provence. From there, I wanted to drive up to Annecy/Geneva and into Switzerland. I know that Switzerland is really expensive, so I'm only looking to spend 3-4 days there. In Switzerland, I want to drive to Lucerne and then finally back down through the lakes to Milan.
Any suggestions on routes, specific places to visit, days to spend in each place, itinerary etc. will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is Bullfighting still going-on in Spain in October?
- 2 I forgot my international driver permit
- 3 Barcelona completely overrated
- 4 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 5 Thello EN220: Milano to Paris question
- 6 ATM Exchange Rate in Italy
- 7 21 Days Family Trip Croatia-Budapest-Vienna-Prague-Munich
- 8 Ireland & Amsterdam
- 9 Holland Itinerary
- 10 Car Trawler
- 11 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 12 Procida for a day (or part of one) versus time on Capri
- 13 How to get to Giverny from Paris
- 14 weather/ flowers in bloom for a duoro river cruise in March or April
- 15 Printing Jungfrau Pass
- 16 Lucerne Activities - early October
- 17 Trip 6 to Rome and Amalfi
- 18 Vizeat -- Anybody tried it?
- 19 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 20 Stay away from EF Tours
- 21 5 Days in Dublin
- 22 Baltic Cruise?
- 23 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 24 Northern Italy and a bit of Bavaria, a family trip
- 25 Ordering in a Deli