In late June/early July, I'm planning a two week trip to Northern Italy/Southern France/Switzerland. I'm flying in and out of Milan, and I plan to rent a car. We have been to Milan, except we went to Venice, Tuscany etc. during that trip, so this time, we want to explore the lakes more.
I was thinking of first driving down to Genoa, then driving down the coastline to Provence. From there, I wanted to drive up to Annecy/Geneva and into Switzerland. I know that Switzerland is really expensive, so I'm only looking to spend 3-4 days there. In Switzerland, I want to drive to Lucerne and then finally back down through the lakes to Milan.
Any suggestions on routes, specific places to visit, days to spend in each place, itinerary etc. will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vuerling airlines
- 2 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 3 Italy/ Sicily - Help with area west of Palermo
- 4 Flamenco concerts in Madrid
- 5 France for a month in 2017
- 6 Swiss: 9 day trip
- 7 RENFE error message during payment
- 8 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 9 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 10 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 11 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
- 12 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 13 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 14 Venice Film Fest
- 15 Europe itinerary
- 16 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 17 All of Spain or something else..?
- 18 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 19 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 20 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium and France
- 21 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 22 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 23 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 24 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 25 evening of song and dance