In late June/early July, I'm planning a two week trip to Northern Italy/Southern France/Switzerland. I'm flying in and out of Milan, and I plan to rent a car. We have been to Milan, except we went to Venice, Tuscany etc. during that trip, so this time, we want to explore the lakes more.
I was thinking of first driving down to Genoa, then driving down the coastline to Provence. From there, I wanted to drive up to Annecy/Geneva and into Switzerland. I know that Switzerland is really expensive, so I'm only looking to spend 3-4 days there. In Switzerland, I want to drive to Lucerne and then finally back down through the lakes to Milan.
Any suggestions on routes, specific places to visit, days to spend in each place, itinerary etc. will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 2 Springtime in Luzern (& Rigi, Basel, Zofingen, Rapperswil...)
- 3 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 4 Azores - splitting dining bill
- 5 Travel from Portugal to Morocco
- 6 Just beginning to plan trip to Croatia
- 7 Best International Sim Card
- 8 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 9 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 10 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 11 Font de Gaume-- what are our chances?
- 12 Where to stop along the way
- 13 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 14 Scotland highland/islands agenda-please help, last minute dream trip
- 15 Can you recommend a hotel in Paris? What about Hotel Spendide Etoile?
- 16 Amsterdam, Brussels, Where Else?
- 17 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 18 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 19 Suggestions for our Itinerary for June in Italy
- 20 Puglia Experiences
- 21 Choosing cruise excursion activities on Italy stops with kids
- 22 2 nights in Dublin - B&B ideas
- 23 Short (a couple of hours) scenic walks in the north of Wales?
- 24 Fontainebleau - train schedules on a Sunday
- 25 car rent in Italy - cost, excess, deposit