In late June/early July, I'm planning a two week trip to Northern Italy/Southern France/Switzerland. I'm flying in and out of Milan, and I plan to rent a car. We have been to Milan, except we went to Venice, Tuscany etc. during that trip, so this time, we want to explore the lakes more.
I was thinking of first driving down to Genoa, then driving down the coastline to Provence. From there, I wanted to drive up to Annecy/Geneva and into Switzerland. I know that Switzerland is really expensive, so I'm only looking to spend 3-4 days there. In Switzerland, I want to drive to Lucerne and then finally back down through the lakes to Milan.
Any suggestions on routes, specific places to visit, days to spend in each place, itinerary etc. will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Northern Italy/Southern France/Switzerland Itinerary
- 1 Chambermaid tipping
- 2 Greek islands from Turkey
- 3 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 4 Travel from Prague to Basel
- 5 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 6 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 7 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 8 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 9 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 10 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 11 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 12 Italian Lakes gardens
- 13 First time traveler to Ireland
- 14 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 15 Euro Train
- 16 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 17 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 18 Dresden Train Station
- 19 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 20 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 21 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 22 Novels set in Greece
- 23 London for Christmas
- 24 Istanbul and Cappadocia in 10 days - trip report
- 25 London's Proposed New Airport...