In late June/early July, I'm planning a two week trip to Northern Italy/Southern France/Switzerland. I'm flying in and out of Milan, and I plan to rent a car. We have been to Milan, except we went to Venice, Tuscany etc. during that trip, so this time, we want to explore the lakes more.
I was thinking of first driving down to Genoa, then driving down the coastline to Provence. From there, I wanted to drive up to Annecy/Geneva and into Switzerland. I know that Switzerland is really expensive, so I'm only looking to spend 3-4 days there. In Switzerland, I want to drive to Lucerne and then finally back down through the lakes to Milan.
Any suggestions on routes, specific places to visit, days to spend in each place, itinerary etc. will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Northern Italy/Southern France/Switzerland Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Reputable Tours
- 2 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 3 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 4 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 5 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne
- 6 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 7 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 8 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 9 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 10 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 11 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 12 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 13 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 14 Is my plan ok
- 15 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 16 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 17 Neuschwanstein Castle from Zermatt
- 18 Portugal Trip
- 19 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 20 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 21 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 22 CROATIA - Split to Hvar Island ???
- 23 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 24 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 25 Southern Spain