In late June/early July, I'm planning a two week trip to Northern Italy/Southern France/Switzerland. I'm flying in and out of Milan, and I plan to rent a car. We have been to Milan, except we went to Venice, Tuscany etc. during that trip, so this time, we want to explore the lakes more.
I was thinking of first driving down to Genoa, then driving down the coastline to Provence. From there, I wanted to drive up to Annecy/Geneva and into Switzerland. I know that Switzerland is really expensive, so I'm only looking to spend 3-4 days there. In Switzerland, I want to drive to Lucerne and then finally back down through the lakes to Milan.
Any suggestions on routes, specific places to visit, days to spend in each place, itinerary etc. will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 2 Petrol in Greece
- 3 Paris day trips August
- 4 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 5 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 6 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 7 Acorn TV
- 8 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 9 Spain in July
- 10 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 11 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 12 Germany train help!
- 13 Train help for Prague
- 14 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 15 Athens
- 16 Transportation from Brno train station
- 17 Budapest & Prague
- 18 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 19 Swiss Travel Pass
- 20 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 21 10 days in Paris and......
- 22 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 23 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 24 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 25 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary