In late June/early July, I'm planning a two week trip to Northern Italy/Southern France/Switzerland. I'm flying in and out of Milan, and I plan to rent a car. We have been to Milan, except we went to Venice, Tuscany etc. during that trip, so this time, we want to explore the lakes more.
I was thinking of first driving down to Genoa, then driving down the coastline to Provence. From there, I wanted to drive up to Annecy/Geneva and into Switzerland. I know that Switzerland is really expensive, so I'm only looking to spend 3-4 days there. In Switzerland, I want to drive to Lucerne and then finally back down through the lakes to Milan.
Any suggestions on routes, specific places to visit, days to spend in each place, itinerary etc. will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sundays in Puglia
- 2 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 3 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 4 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 5 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 6 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 7 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 8 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 9 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 10 Trip to Rome
- 11 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 12 4 or 5 nights in Rome? 4 or 5 nights on AC?
- 13 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 14 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 15 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 16 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 17 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 18 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 19 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 20 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 21 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 22 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 23 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 24 Buying Train Tickets to and from Prague
- 25 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps