In late June/early July, I'm planning a two week trip to Northern Italy/Southern France/Switzerland. I'm flying in and out of Milan, and I plan to rent a car. We have been to Milan, except we went to Venice, Tuscany etc. during that trip, so this time, we want to explore the lakes more.
I was thinking of first driving down to Genoa, then driving down the coastline to Provence. From there, I wanted to drive up to Annecy/Geneva and into Switzerland. I know that Switzerland is really expensive, so I'm only looking to spend 3-4 days there. In Switzerland, I want to drive to Lucerne and then finally back down through the lakes to Milan.
Any suggestions on routes, specific places to visit, days to spend in each place, itinerary etc. will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 2 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 3 getting to CDG
- 4 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 5 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 6 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 7 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 8 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 9 Amalfi Coast help
- 10 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 11 CDG airport and connection time
- 12 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 13 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 14 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 15 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 16 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 17 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 18 Trains in Alps and UK
- 19 Switzerland
- 20 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 21 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 22 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 23 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 24 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 25 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice