In late June/early July, I'm planning a two week trip to Northern Italy/Southern France/Switzerland. I'm flying in and out of Milan, and I plan to rent a car. We have been to Milan, except we went to Venice, Tuscany etc. during that trip, so this time, we want to explore the lakes more.
I was thinking of first driving down to Genoa, then driving down the coastline to Provence. From there, I wanted to drive up to Annecy/Geneva and into Switzerland. I know that Switzerland is really expensive, so I'm only looking to spend 3-4 days there. In Switzerland, I want to drive to Lucerne and then finally back down through the lakes to Milan.
Any suggestions on routes, specific places to visit, days to spend in each place, itinerary etc. will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Northern Italy/Southern France/Switzerland Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 2 Easter week/ Semana Santa in Avila, Toledo, Segovia
- 3 Augsburg with kids
- 4 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 5 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 6 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 7 Paris in April?
- 8 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 9 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 10 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 11 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 12 Spontaneous trip to Ireland
- 13 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 14 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 15 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 16 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 17 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 18 He said , she said
- 19 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 20 Recommendation for lovely italian town?
- 21 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 22 Pix from Dresden Trip
- 23 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 24 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 25 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help