In late June/early July, I'm planning a two week trip to Northern Italy/Southern France/Switzerland. I'm flying in and out of Milan, and I plan to rent a car. We have been to Milan, except we went to Venice, Tuscany etc. during that trip, so this time, we want to explore the lakes more.
I was thinking of first driving down to Genoa, then driving down the coastline to Provence. From there, I wanted to drive up to Annecy/Geneva and into Switzerland. I know that Switzerland is really expensive, so I'm only looking to spend 3-4 days there. In Switzerland, I want to drive to Lucerne and then finally back down through the lakes to Milan.
Any suggestions on routes, specific places to visit, days to spend in each place, itinerary etc. will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Northern Italy/Southern France/Switzerland Itinerary
- 1 A Month in Bologna Photos/Blog TR
- 2 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 3 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 4 Ireland in a week
- 5 London 12 day itinerary suggestions needed
- 6 Copenhagen Weekend with Family
- 7 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 8 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 9 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 10 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 11 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 12 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 13 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 14 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 15 To Paris and Provence in June
- 16 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 17 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 18 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 19 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 20 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 21 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 22 London for Christmas
- 23 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 24 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 25 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days