In late June/early July, I'm planning a two week trip to Northern Italy/Southern France/Switzerland. I'm flying in and out of Milan, and I plan to rent a car. We have been to Milan, except we went to Venice, Tuscany etc. during that trip, so this time, we want to explore the lakes more.
I was thinking of first driving down to Genoa, then driving down the coastline to Provence. From there, I wanted to drive up to Annecy/Geneva and into Switzerland. I know that Switzerland is really expensive, so I'm only looking to spend 3-4 days there. In Switzerland, I want to drive to Lucerne and then finally back down through the lakes to Milan.
Any suggestions on routes, specific places to visit, days to spend in each place, itinerary etc. will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Northern Italy/Southern France/Switzerland Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Eleanor's Pages
- 2 3 weeks in Sicily
- 3 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 4 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 5 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 6 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 7 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 8 A taste of Italy in 11 nights
- 9 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 10 In the event you believe the nonsense next applying
- 11 Christmas Day in Scuol
- 12 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 13 Trains in Europe
- 14 Seville - Easter weekend - Delays? Crowds?
- 15 Is seventeen too young to travel to Europe?
- 16 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 17 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 18 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 19 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 20 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 21 Mum's been to Iceland, or "round Iceland with a cucumber"
- 22 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 23 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 24 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 25 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas