In late June/early July, I'm planning a two week trip to Northern Italy/Southern France/Switzerland. I'm flying in and out of Milan, and I plan to rent a car. We have been to Milan, except we went to Venice, Tuscany etc. during that trip, so this time, we want to explore the lakes more.
I was thinking of first driving down to Genoa, then driving down the coastline to Provence. From there, I wanted to drive up to Annecy/Geneva and into Switzerland. I know that Switzerland is really expensive, so I'm only looking to spend 3-4 days there. In Switzerland, I want to drive to Lucerne and then finally back down through the lakes to Milan.
Any suggestions on routes, specific places to visit, days to spend in each place, itinerary etc. will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel advice
- 2 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 3 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 4 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 5 Kids Travel Guides for Reading up!
- 6 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy
- 7 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais
- 8 Southern Spain or Sicily in early to mid March
- 9 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 10 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 11 Sachsenhausen?
- 12 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 13 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 14 Taormina, Sicily
- 15 River Boat Cruise
- 16 Croatia travel ideas
- 17 Your Thoughts on the Black Forest, please --
- 18 house exchange
- 19 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 20 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 21 Reading Recommendations Spain
- 22 Munich, Germany
- 23 Local Paris Restaurants?
- 24 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 25 Cheap Paris Boutiques