In late June/early July, I'm planning a two week trip to Northern Italy/Southern France/Switzerland. I'm flying in and out of Milan, and I plan to rent a car. We have been to Milan, except we went to Venice, Tuscany etc. during that trip, so this time, we want to explore the lakes more.
I was thinking of first driving down to Genoa, then driving down the coastline to Provence. From there, I wanted to drive up to Annecy/Geneva and into Switzerland. I know that Switzerland is really expensive, so I'm only looking to spend 3-4 days there. In Switzerland, I want to drive to Lucerne and then finally back down through the lakes to Milan.
Any suggestions on routes, specific places to visit, days to spend in each place, itinerary etc. will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Northern Italy/Southern France/Switzerland Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 seven days in Portugal
- 2 American electrical gadgets
- 3 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 4 Eating in France-two new books
- 5 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 6 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 7 Spain tips beyond safety
- 8 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 9 Lake Como 3 Stretch and 7 Stretch Ferry Tickets
- 10 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 11 Ten days in Portugal - what are your favorites?
- 12 I need a haircut
- 13 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 14 What to wear
- 15 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 16 Croatia: Advice on 6 day itinery
- 17 London neighborhood suggestions
- 18 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 19 1 week in Croatia
- 20 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 21 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 22 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 23 german rail ticket question
- 24 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 25 Where to buy Venice mask?