In late June/early July, I'm planning a two week trip to Northern Italy/Southern France/Switzerland. I'm flying in and out of Milan, and I plan to rent a car. We have been to Milan, except we went to Venice, Tuscany etc. during that trip, so this time, we want to explore the lakes more.
I was thinking of first driving down to Genoa, then driving down the coastline to Provence. From there, I wanted to drive up to Annecy/Geneva and into Switzerland. I know that Switzerland is really expensive, so I'm only looking to spend 3-4 days there. In Switzerland, I want to drive to Lucerne and then finally back down through the lakes to Milan.
Any suggestions on routes, specific places to visit, days to spend in each place, itinerary etc. will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fodor's Survey
- 2 Beaune looking for accommodation suggestions
- 3 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 4 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 5 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 6 European Cooking Secrets
- 7 Venice to Positano to Rome travel help
- 8 Northern Italy 1 week HELP
- 9 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 10 Barcelona question
- 11 Azores, Canary Islands, Mallorca, or Hawaii for August Honeymoon
- 12 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 13 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 14 My 60th birthday surprises
- 15 20 Days in Europe
- 16 4 days in switzerland
- 17 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 18 Mallorca: Off the tourist trail
- 19 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 20 Beginner travelers on a budget to Marseille
- 21 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 22 March in Amsterdam 1 week spring break
- 23 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 24 Rome, Florence and a cruise this fall
- 25 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!