I am planning a road trip from Newcastle Upon Tyne to Lake como in Italy to celebrate my 30th Birthday. We plan to leave on Aug 26th and return on 5th Sept 2012. We will be travelling in a VW Transporter.
I plan to catch the ferry from Dover to calais then have an over night stay in Reims and Lucerne before arriving at Lake Como on day 3 for 5 nights camping at Magic Lake near Dongo.
We have a dog who is coming with us and i have checked the rules on travelling with a pet and will get the apropriate vaccinations but are dogs allowed to swim in the Italian Lakes? Does anyone have any advice on travelling with a dog around Italy, are they allowed on trains? We plan to visit Florence and Milan but would rather not drive to these places and that brings me to worrying about the heat with the dog? My partner will not leave the dog in a kennel so that isnt an option.
Any general advice on travelling from the UK to Italy would be much appreciated as this is our first trip and i want to research it properly.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 https://gomusclebuilding.com/numax-test-xt/
- 2 Amalfi Coast - November - Few Questions/Queries in our mind
- 3 Russia in two weeks in December
- 4 Speeding ticket in France, need help understanding ticket
- 5 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 6 9 Days in Spain
- 7 Orvieto - dealbreaker? Hourly bell chimes even in the night?
- 8 Norway Honeymoon
- 9 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 10 Schengen Rule
- 11 It’s Thursday, it must be Seyðisfjörður. A 10 day Iceland road trip
- 12 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 13 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 14 Our future trip to Greece
- 15 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 16 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 17 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 18 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 19 Quizz !
- 20 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 21 Pay attention to your watches !
- 22 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 23 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 24 Spanish Medical Providers
- 25 Christmas Day in Granada