I am planning a road trip from Newcastle Upon Tyne to Lake como in Italy to celebrate my 30th Birthday. We plan to leave on Aug 26th and return on 5th Sept 2012. We will be travelling in a VW Transporter.
I plan to catch the ferry from Dover to calais then have an over night stay in Reims and Lucerne before arriving at Lake Como on day 3 for 5 nights camping at Magic Lake near Dongo.
We have a dog who is coming with us and i have checked the rules on travelling with a pet and will get the apropriate vaccinations but are dogs allowed to swim in the Italian Lakes? Does anyone have any advice on travelling with a dog around Italy, are they allowed on trains? We plan to visit Florence and Milan but would rather not drive to these places and that brings me to worrying about the heat with the dog? My partner will not leave the dog in a kennel so that isnt an option.
Any general advice on travelling from the UK to Italy would be much appreciated as this is our first trip and i want to research it properly.
Newcastle , UK to Lake Como, Italk - Advice please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trains in Italy
- 2 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 3 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 4 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 5 South of France November Trip Report
- 6 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 7 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 8 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 9 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 10 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 11 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 12 Help With Vienna
- 13 Flying from Paris to London: logistics help?
- 14 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 15 Turkey Family Vacation packages From India.
- 16 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 17 FREE SATNAV WORLDWIDE with OFFLINE NAVIGATION on Windows 8 phones
- 18 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 19 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 20 Nice or Marseille??
- 21 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 22 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 23 Air pollution in Paris
- 24 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 25 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!