I am planning a road trip from Newcastle Upon Tyne to Lake como in Italy to celebrate my 30th Birthday. We plan to leave on Aug 26th and return on 5th Sept 2012. We will be travelling in a VW Transporter.
I plan to catch the ferry from Dover to calais then have an over night stay in Reims and Lucerne before arriving at Lake Como on day 3 for 5 nights camping at Magic Lake near Dongo.
We have a dog who is coming with us and i have checked the rules on travelling with a pet and will get the apropriate vaccinations but are dogs allowed to swim in the Italian Lakes? Does anyone have any advice on travelling with a dog around Italy, are they allowed on trains? We plan to visit Florence and Milan but would rather not drive to these places and that brings me to worrying about the heat with the dog? My partner will not leave the dog in a kennel so that isnt an option.
Any general advice on travelling from the UK to Italy would be much appreciated as this is our first trip and i want to research it properly.
Newcastle , UK to Lake Como, Italk - Advice please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rocamaxour
- 2 April in Madrid
- 3 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 4 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 5 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 6 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 7 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 8 construction near Shangri-La Paris or Le Royal Monceau Paris?
- 9 Which Florence hotel?
- 10 Spain vacation help
- 11 Louvre vs. Orsay/Rodin
- 12 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 13 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 14 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 15 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 16 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 17 Greece after the Vote
- 18 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 19 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 20 Shipping bags home
- 21 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 22 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 23 Apartment in Italy
- 24 Help Me Plan My Trip
- 25 Germany for 3 weeks