I am planning a road trip from Newcastle Upon Tyne to Lake como in Italy to celebrate my 30th Birthday. We plan to leave on Aug 26th and return on 5th Sept 2012. We will be travelling in a VW Transporter.
I plan to catch the ferry from Dover to calais then have an over night stay in Reims and Lucerne before arriving at Lake Como on day 3 for 5 nights camping at Magic Lake near Dongo.
We have a dog who is coming with us and i have checked the rules on travelling with a pet and will get the apropriate vaccinations but are dogs allowed to swim in the Italian Lakes? Does anyone have any advice on travelling with a dog around Italy, are they allowed on trains? We plan to visit Florence and Milan but would rather not drive to these places and that brings me to worrying about the heat with the dog? My partner will not leave the dog in a kennel so that isnt an option.
Any general advice on travelling from the UK to Italy would be much appreciated as this is our first trip and i want to research it properly.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 2 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 3 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 4 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 5 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 6 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 7 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 8 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 9 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 10 Help: Looking for Streetwise Venice folding map
- 11 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 12 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 13 Greece mainland and islands
- 14 20 year anniversary trip to Scotland
- 15 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 16 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 17 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 18 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 19 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 20 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 21 Oyster card?
- 22 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 23 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 24 London Theater
- 25 multi city flights to europe