I am planning a road trip from Newcastle Upon Tyne to Lake como in Italy to celebrate my 30th Birthday. We plan to leave on Aug 26th and return on 5th Sept 2012. We will be travelling in a VW Transporter.
I plan to catch the ferry from Dover to calais then have an over night stay in Reims and Lucerne before arriving at Lake Como on day 3 for 5 nights camping at Magic Lake near Dongo.
We have a dog who is coming with us and i have checked the rules on travelling with a pet and will get the apropriate vaccinations but are dogs allowed to swim in the Italian Lakes? Does anyone have any advice on travelling with a dog around Italy, are they allowed on trains? We plan to visit Florence and Milan but would rather not drive to these places and that brings me to worrying about the heat with the dog? My partner will not leave the dog in a kennel so that isnt an option.
Any general advice on travelling from the UK to Italy would be much appreciated as this is our first trip and i want to research it properly.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 2 Italy by car
- 3 Are Munich and Vienna too similar for same trip?
- 4 Corsica- Propriano or Porto Vecchio
- 5 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 6 4 days driving holiday to rural North England.
- 7 12 days in Austria
- 8 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 9 Train questions for Switzerland
- 10 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 11 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
- 12 Christmas in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 13 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 14 Three days in Istanbul in August
- 15 One in Paris ... help
- 16 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 17 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 18 Travel Safety in Germany & Switzerland
- 19 Scotland--transport from Dundee wharf to Edinburgh city center
- 20 Sardinia Italian's paradise
- 21 Where to stay in Italy for a month in Oct/Nov
- 22 Florence 2 weeks
- 23 Melk/Wachau Day Trip from Vienna
- 24 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 25 Fill 4 or 5 days for me please-Spain