I am planning a road trip from Newcastle Upon Tyne to Lake como in Italy to celebrate my 30th Birthday. We plan to leave on Aug 26th and return on 5th Sept 2012. We will be travelling in a VW Transporter.
I plan to catch the ferry from Dover to calais then have an over night stay in Reims and Lucerne before arriving at Lake Como on day 3 for 5 nights camping at Magic Lake near Dongo.
We have a dog who is coming with us and i have checked the rules on travelling with a pet and will get the apropriate vaccinations but are dogs allowed to swim in the Italian Lakes? Does anyone have any advice on travelling with a dog around Italy, are they allowed on trains? We plan to visit Florence and Milan but would rather not drive to these places and that brings me to worrying about the heat with the dog? My partner will not leave the dog in a kennel so that isnt an option.
Any general advice on travelling from the UK to Italy would be much appreciated as this is our first trip and i want to research it properly.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 2 Barcelona Hair Salon
- 3 AirBNB in London - soon to be a thing of the past?
- 4 Travel from Germany to Switzerland
- 5 Catalonia: 14 days in September
- 6 Hotel in Amsterdam
- 7 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 8 Part 2: The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 9 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 10 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 11 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 12 Trans-Siberia Train
- 13 Trip report: 24 days in Croatia, Slovenia and Budapest
- 14 Tot or Trans Montserrat tickets
- 15 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 16 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 17 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 18 Best stop between Split and Dubrovnik?
- 19 A week driving in Bavaria
- 20 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 21 7 day Italy itinerary and storing luggage in train station
- 22 PLITVICE LAKES
- 23 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 24 help in planning itinerary to UK
- 25 Best Destination for Teenage Girls?