I am planning a road trip from Newcastle Upon Tyne to Lake como in Italy to celebrate my 30th Birthday. We plan to leave on Aug 26th and return on 5th Sept 2012. We will be travelling in a VW Transporter.
I plan to catch the ferry from Dover to calais then have an over night stay in Reims and Lucerne before arriving at Lake Como on day 3 for 5 nights camping at Magic Lake near Dongo.
We have a dog who is coming with us and i have checked the rules on travelling with a pet and will get the apropriate vaccinations but are dogs allowed to swim in the Italian Lakes? Does anyone have any advice on travelling with a dog around Italy, are they allowed on trains? We plan to visit Florence and Milan but would rather not drive to these places and that brings me to worrying about the heat with the dog? My partner will not leave the dog in a kennel so that isnt an option.
Any general advice on travelling from the UK to Italy would be much appreciated as this is our first trip and i want to research it properly.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 2 2 Nights in Bath, 1 Night in Ludlow - Itinerary Details
- 3 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 4 Were to stay near Lecce?
- 5 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 6 Travel WiFi - France
- 7 Naples or Genoa
- 8 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 9 Our European adventures
- 10 Just booked Athens & Santorini
- 11 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 12 Wine tasting in Santorini
- 13 England and Wales by public transport
- 14 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 15 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 16 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 17 Planning Advice!
- 18 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 19 Greece in 15 Days
- 20 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 21 Help with itinerary
- 22 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 23 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 24 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 25 Banks Mansion Amsterdam hotel