I am planning a road trip from Newcastle Upon Tyne to Lake como in Italy to celebrate my 30th Birthday. We plan to leave on Aug 26th and return on 5th Sept 2012. We will be travelling in a VW Transporter.
I plan to catch the ferry from Dover to calais then have an over night stay in Reims and Lucerne before arriving at Lake Como on day 3 for 5 nights camping at Magic Lake near Dongo.
We have a dog who is coming with us and i have checked the rules on travelling with a pet and will get the apropriate vaccinations but are dogs allowed to swim in the Italian Lakes? Does anyone have any advice on travelling with a dog around Italy, are they allowed on trains? We plan to visit Florence and Milan but would rather not drive to these places and that brings me to worrying about the heat with the dog? My partner will not leave the dog in a kennel so that isnt an option.
Any general advice on travelling from the UK to Italy would be much appreciated as this is our first trip and i want to research it properly.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fodors's Slow to Load Lately?
- 2 HP@ Printer Errors CONTACT ? 1:888:482:3831 Technical SUPP0RT CAre
- 3 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 4 Scotland
- 5 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 6 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 7 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 8 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 9 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 10 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 11 Watching A Musical At The West End In London
- 12 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 13 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 14 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 15 Scotland itinerary help
- 16 Looking for an apartment to rent. Better than hotel?
- 17 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 18 Edinbrugh
- 19 Bus from Potsdam to Dresden
- 20 Swimming to Paris
- 21 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 22 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 23 Istria in two days
- 24 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 25 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?