I am planning a road trip from Newcastle Upon Tyne to Lake como in Italy to celebrate my 30th Birthday. We plan to leave on Aug 26th and return on 5th Sept 2012. We will be travelling in a VW Transporter.
I plan to catch the ferry from Dover to calais then have an over night stay in Reims and Lucerne before arriving at Lake Como on day 3 for 5 nights camping at Magic Lake near Dongo.
We have a dog who is coming with us and i have checked the rules on travelling with a pet and will get the apropriate vaccinations but are dogs allowed to swim in the Italian Lakes? Does anyone have any advice on travelling with a dog around Italy, are they allowed on trains? We plan to visit Florence and Milan but would rather not drive to these places and that brings me to worrying about the heat with the dog? My partner will not leave the dog in a kennel so that isnt an option.
Any general advice on travelling from the UK to Italy would be much appreciated as this is our first trip and i want to research it properly.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 2 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 3 International Flight Question
- 4 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 5 Interesting places to visit
- 6 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 7 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 8 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 9 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 10 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 11 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 12 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 13 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 14 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 15 Budapest in December 2017
- 16 Petrol in Greece
- 17 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 18 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 19 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 20 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 21 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 22 Dijon in December!
- 23 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 24 We're here!
- 25 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking