I am trying to piece together parts of my trip and I am having trouble wth the last weeks ish. I will be in Europe for 2 months travelling around and such, and am having a terrible time deciding which cities to see last!
We will be traveling from Rome to Venice in early/mid June, and plan on leaving Venice for EITHER Munich OR Vienna. Originally we wanted to see both, but we just dont have enough time and its not on the way to do both before our next destination, Prague. We are thinking a night train from Venice - Vienna, or a night train from Venice - Munich. The only thing is we have heard that Salzburg is really beautiful and spending a day there would be nice since it is on the way to Munich, if we pick that city. The plan was 2 days in one of these cities, and if Salzburg, maybe arriving from Venice in the AM, but departing in the evening for Munich. is this even possible to get off the night train at Salzburg and then get back on one in the night? Or would we be getting off at like 4am when there is nothing to see?
Next we are headed to Prague. The train ride is 4h45m and it seems like such a waste of a day because its too short to be a night train, but too long to not waste half of a day. Any thoughts on a better way to do this, or other modes of transport. Is Prague even worth going to? What does a person do in Prague??
After that is Berlin, again same story, the train ride is too long to be a quick morning/evening trip, but not long enough to sleep on. Again seems like a waste of a day.
We will stay in Berlin for 5 or so days and move on to amsterdam. What is the absolute cheapest way to get to Amsterdam? Again I note there is no night train, but the ride is 6.5 hours. Easy jet was about 33E and only an hour and a half.
We leave amsterdam on june 30, so may have 3 days there. Any must sees?
To sum up:
1) Which city, Munich or Vienna (we are young 20s students who will have already spent 5 weeks in france, italy, greece and istanbul before going here)
2) is Prague worth it for the extra train trips since it isnt exactly in a straight line to Berlin.
3) best/cheapest way Berlin to Amsterdam
4) what to do in amsterdam
Thank you everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A few more questions about Brittany
- 2 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 3 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 4 Positano or Sorrento?
- 5 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 6 4 days each in London and Paris
- 7 Paris in November
- 8 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 9 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 10 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 11 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 12 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 13 London Theater
- 14 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 15 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 16 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 17 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 18 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 19 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 20 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 21 Help: Looking for Streetwise Venice folding map
- 22 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 23 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Switzerland in September
Munich OR Vienna and Prague. Need help deciding which cities!