Our ship will dock in Marseille on a Saturday in mid-September from 8a-6p...which gives us about 8 hours of touring time. We've been to Provence several times driving around on our own, but never to Marseille, which in the past we've avoided. However, it looks like there are plenty of things to see there and some intriguing neighborhoods to walk around. It's still a larger city...perhaps still dirty & gritty...so would the experience be less enjoyable than taking the train to the more picturesque village of Cassis?
If we stay in Marseille, I'd want to tour the MuCem, Basilica of Notre Dam, Vieux Port, explore Le Panier...and of course, shop and eat Bouillabaisse.
I'd love to hear your thoughts about this..plus any other recommendations. Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 야마토릴게임 ▶ 도메인 :≫pts17.com≪
- 2 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 3 10 days in Paris and......
- 4 Spain in July
- 5 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 6 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 7 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 8 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 9 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 10 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 11 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 12 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 13 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 14 We're here!
- 15 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 16 Budapest & Prague
- 17 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 18 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 19 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 20 driving from ancona to rome
- 21 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 22 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 23 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 24 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 25 Car Hire in Croatia, any recommendations?