Our ship will dock in Marseille on a Saturday in mid-September from 8a-6p...which gives us about 8 hours of touring time. We've been to Provence several times driving around on our own, but never to Marseille, which in the past we've avoided. However, it looks like there are plenty of things to see there and some intriguing neighborhoods to walk around. It's still a larger city...perhaps still dirty & gritty...so would the experience be less enjoyable than taking the train to the more picturesque village of Cassis?
If we stay in Marseille, I'd want to tour the MuCem, Basilica of Notre Dam, Vieux Port, explore Le Panier...and of course, shop and eat Bouillabaisse.
I'd love to hear your thoughts about this..plus any other recommendations. Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 2 Bernina Express mid-March
- 3 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 4 Questions about Polish sights
- 5 Italy
- 6 4 days itinerary for France
- 7 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 8 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 9 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 10 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 11 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 12 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 13 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 14 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 15 Ireland travel passport question
- 16 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 17 where to stay in London?
- 18 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 19 vienna
- 20 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 21 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 22 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 23 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 24 Juangfrau / mt
- 25 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia