Our ship will dock in Marseille on a Saturday in mid-September from 8a-6p...which gives us about 8 hours of touring time. We've been to Provence several times driving around on our own, but never to Marseille, which in the past we've avoided. However, it looks like there are plenty of things to see there and some intriguing neighborhoods to walk around. It's still a larger city...perhaps still dirty & gritty...so would the experience be less enjoyable than taking the train to the more picturesque village of Cassis?
If we stay in Marseille, I'd want to tour the MuCem, Basilica of Notre Dam, Vieux Port, explore Le Panier...and of course, shop and eat Bouillabaisse.
I'd love to hear your thoughts about this..plus any other recommendations. Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 2 Burgundy/Beaune & Dijon
- 3 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 4 Bernese Oberland
- 5 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 6 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 7 London 6 day itinerary
- 8 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 9 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 10 Threat Level in UK
- 11 ATM
- 12 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 13 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 14 Living in Paris......for a week
- 15 ATM help
- 16 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 17 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 18 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 19 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 20 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 21 Iceland trip report!
- 22 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 23 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 24 Athens tour guide advice
- 25 Madrid or Barcelona first?