My husband and I are traveling to Spain at the end of August. We want to visit Albarracin from Madrid, so I'm thinking we will rent a car from the airport. Because our next stop is Barcelona, and the rental car cost seems to increase only marginally to drop the car off there, I'm wondering if it makes sense to just drive to Barcelona from Albarracin, instead of returning to Madrid and then flying or taking the train.
According to googlemaps, it's about 3 1/2 hours to drive from Madrid to Albarracin and then about 4 1/2 hours to Barcelona from there. Has anyone done this drive before? Thoughts/suggestions? Are the roads easy and is the scenery decent? Also looks like there are a few options for routes: which is better? along the coast or north first via Zaragoza?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chinese Tourists in Paris: Not Always Happy
- 2 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 3 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 4 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 5 Stockholm - airport to city during a layover?
- 6 Fantastic 3Days adventure trip in Kenya for only Usd 280 (for the 3days)
- 7 From Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport to 8, Champs Elysees, Paris
- 8 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 9 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival
- 10 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 11 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 12 Ideal first time trip to Germany-8-10 days --suggestions
- 13 France in December 2014
- 14 Europe Itinerary
- 15 Olive Oil
- 16 Two Sisters-in-law in Italy
- 17 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 18 Need suggestions for Sienna and Orvieto
- 19 Hey Fodor's
- 20 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 21 We have no idea where to go!
- 22 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.
- 23 Portugal 15 day Itinerary Help
- 24 Paris apartment choices?
- 25 Norway 2014