My husband and I are traveling to Spain at the end of August. We want to visit Albarracin from Madrid, so I'm thinking we will rent a car from the airport. Because our next stop is Barcelona, and the rental car cost seems to increase only marginally to drop the car off there, I'm wondering if it makes sense to just drive to Barcelona from Albarracin, instead of returning to Madrid and then flying or taking the train.
According to googlemaps, it's about 3 1/2 hours to drive from Madrid to Albarracin and then about 4 1/2 hours to Barcelona from there. Has anyone done this drive before? Thoughts/suggestions? Are the roads easy and is the scenery decent? Also looks like there are a few options for routes: which is better? along the coast or north first via Zaragoza?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 2 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 3 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 4 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 5 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 6 St Germain
- 7 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 8 Review of Air France A380 Premium Economy
- 9 Lakes District UK
- 10 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 11 Santorini Airfare - what's a good deal (generally/historically)?
- 12 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 13 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 14 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 15 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 16 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 17 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 18 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 19 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 20 Suggestions for Munich in early December
- 21 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 22 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 23 Rome Areas to stay
- 24 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 25 Versailles-How Long to Plan for a Visit to Trianons