My husband and I are traveling to Spain at the end of August. We want to visit Albarracin from Madrid, so I'm thinking we will rent a car from the airport. Because our next stop is Barcelona, and the rental car cost seems to increase only marginally to drop the car off there, I'm wondering if it makes sense to just drive to Barcelona from Albarracin, instead of returning to Madrid and then flying or taking the train.
According to googlemaps, it's about 3 1/2 hours to drive from Madrid to Albarracin and then about 4 1/2 hours to Barcelona from there. Has anyone done this drive before? Thoughts/suggestions? Are the roads easy and is the scenery decent? Also looks like there are a few options for routes: which is better? along the coast or north first via Zaragoza?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dog friendly hotels
- 2 Vacation
- 3 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 4 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 5 Cambridge in May
- 6 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 7 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 8 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 9 No Periods in British Written English!
- 10 Self drive tour companies
- 11 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 12 Madrid/Lisbon
- 13 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 14 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 15 Day trip from Vienna (Prague, Budapest, Britislava, Salzburg)
- 16 Day trips around Vienna
- 17 Greek fuel cost
- 18 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 19 Killarney
- 20 Walking itinerary in England?
- 21 First time in Bulgaria
- 22 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 23 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 24 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 25 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations