My husband and I are traveling to Spain at the end of August. We want to visit Albarracin from Madrid, so I'm thinking we will rent a car from the airport. Because our next stop is Barcelona, and the rental car cost seems to increase only marginally to drop the car off there, I'm wondering if it makes sense to just drive to Barcelona from Albarracin, instead of returning to Madrid and then flying or taking the train.
According to googlemaps, it's about 3 1/2 hours to drive from Madrid to Albarracin and then about 4 1/2 hours to Barcelona from there. Has anyone done this drive before? Thoughts/suggestions? Are the roads easy and is the scenery decent? Also looks like there are a few options for routes: which is better? along the coast or north first via Zaragoza?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 2 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 3 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 4 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 5 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 6 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 7 England and Scotland
- 8 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 9 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 10 Budapest to Berlin by Train - Tickets on DB BAHN not available for 05 Jan
- 11 Air pollution in Paris
- 12 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 13 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 14 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 15 connecting flight to marseille or not
- 16 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 17 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 18 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 19 France, Italy and Greec
- 20 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 21 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 22 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 23 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 24 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 25 Spain and Portugal in Depth