My husband and I are traveling to Spain at the end of August. We want to visit Albarracin from Madrid, so I'm thinking we will rent a car from the airport. Because our next stop is Barcelona, and the rental car cost seems to increase only marginally to drop the car off there, I'm wondering if it makes sense to just drive to Barcelona from Albarracin, instead of returning to Madrid and then flying or taking the train.
According to googlemaps, it's about 3 1/2 hours to drive from Madrid to Albarracin and then about 4 1/2 hours to Barcelona from there. Has anyone done this drive before? Thoughts/suggestions? Are the roads easy and is the scenery decent? Also looks like there are a few options for routes: which is better? along the coast or north first via Zaragoza?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 2 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 3 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 4 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 5 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 6 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 7 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 8 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 9 Spain: train/rental car help
- 10 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 11 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 12 Highclare Castle
- 13 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 14 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 15 Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy - scenic road trips/countryside?
- 16 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 17 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 18 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 19 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 20 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 21 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 22 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 23 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 24 Salzburg itinerary review
- 25 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way