My husband and I are traveling to Spain at the end of August. We want to visit Albarracin from Madrid, so I'm thinking we will rent a car from the airport. Because our next stop is Barcelona, and the rental car cost seems to increase only marginally to drop the car off there, I'm wondering if it makes sense to just drive to Barcelona from Albarracin, instead of returning to Madrid and then flying or taking the train.
According to googlemaps, it's about 3 1/2 hours to drive from Madrid to Albarracin and then about 4 1/2 hours to Barcelona from there. Has anyone done this drive before? Thoughts/suggestions? Are the roads easy and is the scenery decent? Also looks like there are a few options for routes: which is better? along the coast or north first via Zaragoza?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 2 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 3 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 4 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 5 One Way... trust or bust?
- 6 Portugal trains
- 7 Rome to Cascia - is it better by train or bus?
- 8 Need suggestions on where to stay in Porto?
- 9 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 10 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 11 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 12 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 13 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?
- 14 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 15 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 16 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 17 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 18 How best to spend a long day in Warnemunde
- 19 Walking GPS?
- 20 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 21 Cost of Van from CDG
- 22 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 23 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 24 Has anyone used AtlasChoice for a car rental?
- 25 Girls trip - Lisbon