My husband and I are traveling to Spain at the end of August. We want to visit Albarracin from Madrid, so I'm thinking we will rent a car from the airport. Because our next stop is Barcelona, and the rental car cost seems to increase only marginally to drop the car off there, I'm wondering if it makes sense to just drive to Barcelona from Albarracin, instead of returning to Madrid and then flying or taking the train.
According to googlemaps, it's about 3 1/2 hours to drive from Madrid to Albarracin and then about 4 1/2 hours to Barcelona from there. Has anyone done this drive before? Thoughts/suggestions? Are the roads easy and is the scenery decent? Also looks like there are a few options for routes: which is better? along the coast or north first via Zaragoza?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9 Days in Spain
- 2 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 3 God Save the Queen?
- 4 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 5 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 6 Paris to Italy
- 7 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 8 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 9 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 10 Frankfurt to UK
- 11 Barcelona alternative
- 12 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 13 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 14 Spanish Medical Providers
- 15 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 16 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 17 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 18 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 19 Iceland
- 20 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 21 Milan or Turin
- 22 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 23 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 24 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old
- 25 Paris Neighborhood Help