My husband and I are traveling to Spain at the end of August. We want to visit Albarracin from Madrid, so I'm thinking we will rent a car from the airport. Because our next stop is Barcelona, and the rental car cost seems to increase only marginally to drop the car off there, I'm wondering if it makes sense to just drive to Barcelona from Albarracin, instead of returning to Madrid and then flying or taking the train.
According to googlemaps, it's about 3 1/2 hours to drive from Madrid to Albarracin and then about 4 1/2 hours to Barcelona from there. Has anyone done this drive before? Thoughts/suggestions? Are the roads easy and is the scenery decent? Also looks like there are a few options for routes: which is better? along the coast or north first via Zaragoza?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Chip" Credit Cards in Italy
- 2 Zurich and other cities to visit?
- 3 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 4 Trip Report: 10 Days in Spain
- 5 Greece after the Vote
- 6 Germany for 3 weeks
- 7 Amalfi coast in May
- 8 Napoli Centrale: Luggage/Storage Lockers?
- 9 Summer vacation in Greece for 2 weeks, need help w itinerary !!
- 10 Advice required on my Switzerland Itinerary
- 11 BOS - CDG airfare in late April?
- 12 Great restaurants in Italy
- 13 Germany and Switzerland
- 14 What about hiring a coach in London?
- 15 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 16 Ireland 6 days / 5 nights
- 17 14 days in Russia, please help choose day trip out of Moscow/St. Petersburg
- 18 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 19 Mandarijn Restaurant Amsterdam-good Chinese Restaurant Amsterdam
- 20 help regarding removal firm in london
- 21 overnight trip from Reykjavik
- 22 Turn Back or Forge Ahead?
- 23 Iceland Car Rental Suggestions
- 24 Comments on Iceland Itinerary Please
- 25 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland