My husband and I are traveling to Spain at the end of August. We want to visit Albarracin from Madrid, so I'm thinking we will rent a car from the airport. Because our next stop is Barcelona, and the rental car cost seems to increase only marginally to drop the car off there, I'm wondering if it makes sense to just drive to Barcelona from Albarracin, instead of returning to Madrid and then flying or taking the train.
According to googlemaps, it's about 3 1/2 hours to drive from Madrid to Albarracin and then about 4 1/2 hours to Barcelona from there. Has anyone done this drive before? Thoughts/suggestions? Are the roads easy and is the scenery decent? Also looks like there are a few options for routes: which is better? along the coast or north first via Zaragoza?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 2 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 3 Portugal - 2 week honeymoon itinerary - Looking for feedback
- 4 What tips can you give about packing?
- 5 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 6 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 7 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 8 One night in Rome
- 9 Sintra
- 10 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 11 How the kids age calculated
- 12 Murren to Prague
- 13 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 14 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 15 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 16 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 17 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 18 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 19 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 20 LHR airport and hotel pick up times for Justairports.com
- 21 Scotland Trip Report
- 22 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 23 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 24 Cordoba Overnight?
- 25 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?