My husband and I are traveling to Spain at the end of August. We want to visit Albarracin from Madrid, so I'm thinking we will rent a car from the airport. Because our next stop is Barcelona, and the rental car cost seems to increase only marginally to drop the car off there, I'm wondering if it makes sense to just drive to Barcelona from Albarracin, instead of returning to Madrid and then flying or taking the train.
According to googlemaps, it's about 3 1/2 hours to drive from Madrid to Albarracin and then about 4 1/2 hours to Barcelona from there. Has anyone done this drive before? Thoughts/suggestions? Are the roads easy and is the scenery decent? Also looks like there are a few options for routes: which is better? along the coast or north first via Zaragoza?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 2 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 3 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 4 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 5 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 6 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 7 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 8 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 9 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 10 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 11 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 12 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 13 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 14 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 15 2017 Easter in Italy
- 16 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 17 Towersey, London
- 18 Croatia transportation question.
- 19 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 20 Westerplatte
- 21 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 22 Cutback on Spain trip
- 23 Bernina Express mid-March
- 24 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 25 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!