My husband and I are traveling to Spain at the end of August. We want to visit Albarracin from Madrid, so I'm thinking we will rent a car from the airport. Because our next stop is Barcelona, and the rental car cost seems to increase only marginally to drop the car off there, I'm wondering if it makes sense to just drive to Barcelona from Albarracin, instead of returning to Madrid and then flying or taking the train.
According to googlemaps, it's about 3 1/2 hours to drive from Madrid to Albarracin and then about 4 1/2 hours to Barcelona from there. Has anyone done this drive before? Thoughts/suggestions? Are the roads easy and is the scenery decent? Also looks like there are a few options for routes: which is better? along the coast or north first via Zaragoza?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 2 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 3 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 4 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 5 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 6 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 7 Train-Dijon/Paris/BruxellesMidi/Bruges
- 8 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 9 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 10 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 11 Switzerland in October
- 12 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 13 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 14 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 15 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 16 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 17 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 18 Tuscany First Time
- 19 Iceland car rental agencies
- 20 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 21 Bordeaux neighborhoods
- 22 Help on ancient history route
- 23 Italy in January?
- 24 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 25 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais