My husband and I are traveling to Spain at the end of August. We want to visit Albarracin from Madrid, so I'm thinking we will rent a car from the airport. Because our next stop is Barcelona, and the rental car cost seems to increase only marginally to drop the car off there, I'm wondering if it makes sense to just drive to Barcelona from Albarracin, instead of returning to Madrid and then flying or taking the train.
According to googlemaps, it's about 3 1/2 hours to drive from Madrid to Albarracin and then about 4 1/2 hours to Barcelona from there. Has anyone done this drive before? Thoughts/suggestions? Are the roads easy and is the scenery decent? Also looks like there are a few options for routes: which is better? along the coast or north first via Zaragoza?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 2 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 3 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 4 Austria czech republic itinerary
- 5 Rome and Venice in December
- 6 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 7 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 8 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 9 Safest way to get to Dunkerque from Calais ferry terminal
- 10 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 11 permits. Has been proven to no other treatment
- 12 Shopping in Paris
- 13 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 14 Brussels Airport
- 15 spanish winery region(s)
- 16 Just beginning to plan trip to Croatia
- 17 So glad we went to Greece (and London always)
- 18 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 19 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 20 Rome to Sicily/Lipari September fly/boat???
- 21 Malta: baby food?
- 22 Amsterdam, Brussels, Where Else?
- 23 Amalfi Coast with Kids- Where to stay?
- 24 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 25 Feedback on Spain Trip