My husband and I are traveling to Spain at the end of August. We want to visit Albarracin from Madrid, so I'm thinking we will rent a car from the airport. Because our next stop is Barcelona, and the rental car cost seems to increase only marginally to drop the car off there, I'm wondering if it makes sense to just drive to Barcelona from Albarracin, instead of returning to Madrid and then flying or taking the train.
According to googlemaps, it's about 3 1/2 hours to drive from Madrid to Albarracin and then about 4 1/2 hours to Barcelona from there. Has anyone done this drive before? Thoughts/suggestions? Are the roads easy and is the scenery decent? Also looks like there are a few options for routes: which is better? along the coast or north first via Zaragoza?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 2 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 3 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 4 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 5 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 6 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 7 Getting from Gare de L'Est to Gare de Lyon
- 8 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 9 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 10 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 11 Scenic full day drive from Bacharach & return?
- 12 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 13 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 14 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 15 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 16 Le Marche, Italy
- 17 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 18 Ballet Bolshoi
- 19 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 20 Need help with Ligurian/CT itinerary
- 21 London, guided tours vs "do it oursleves"
- 22 Itinerary Help - 5 weeks Spain and Portugal Cities
- 23 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 24 Plane or train between Copenhagen and Stockholm
- 25 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily