My husband and I are traveling to Spain at the end of August. We want to visit Albarracin from Madrid, so I'm thinking we will rent a car from the airport. Because our next stop is Barcelona, and the rental car cost seems to increase only marginally to drop the car off there, I'm wondering if it makes sense to just drive to Barcelona from Albarracin, instead of returning to Madrid and then flying or taking the train.
According to googlemaps, it's about 3 1/2 hours to drive from Madrid to Albarracin and then about 4 1/2 hours to Barcelona from there. Has anyone done this drive before? Thoughts/suggestions? Are the roads easy and is the scenery decent? Also looks like there are a few options for routes: which is better? along the coast or north first via Zaragoza?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 2 Italy for the first time
- 3 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 4 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 5 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 6 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 7 Why doesn't anyone talk about staying in the 2nd arr in Paris? Am I blind?
- 8 3 days with a Swindon base
- 9 italy itinerary
- 10 Marseille or Cassis for Day in Port?
- 11 Need Help with Itinerary – First Time in Portugal (2 Weeks)
- 12 Budget stay in or around Heidelberg
- 13 Please suggest best itinerary
- 14 Driving from Rome to Florence?
- 15 Beaches in Southern France
- 16 Skip the line passes for Venice, Florence, Rome
- 17 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 18 French lavender and cottages
- 19 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 20 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 21 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 22 Fairy Tale Road (and Beyond) Lodging Recommendations
- 23 Itinerary and Hotel Recommendations -- Amalfi Coast
- 24 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 25 Positano - Sorrento Travel Questions