I am a 35 year old male from the New York City area traveling to London this Summer to work at the Olympic Games. My work schedule ends around August 16th and I plan on renting a car and heading North to Glasgow. I've always wanted to see the beautiful landscapes of the UK and this is a perfect opportunity.
I am looking for some must see spots along the way to map out my trip. I have about 7-10 days off, and need to return to London to fly home. I love the rock music that comes out of that region (Oasis, Embrace, The Smiths, etc). I like nightlife, but I want to spend my days wandering about taking amazing photographs.
My budget is a little bit of a concern. I don't need to stay in luxurious hotels, but I also don't want to sleep in fear of bed bugs or cockroaches.
I am interested in passing through Leeds. Probably Drive up the North Sea coast and back down to London by way of the Eastern coast.
Any advice you can give me is appreciated. I have never been to the UK before.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 alcazar question and seville advice
- 2 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 3 Couscous
- 4 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 5 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 6 London is it worth it?
- 7 Lisbon
- 8 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 9 Tuscany Itinerary
- 10 driving from London to Lourdes
- 11 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 12 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 13 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 14 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 15 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 16 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 17 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 18 Places to stop/stay?
- 19 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 20 Visit to Sardinia
- 21 ATM
- 22 Seeking scenic route from Bala, Wales to london
- 23 TIM in FCO - update
- 24 Visa Query
- 25 London in Winter Report