I am a 35 year old male from the New York City area traveling to London this Summer to work at the Olympic Games. My work schedule ends around August 16th and I plan on renting a car and heading North to Glasgow. I've always wanted to see the beautiful landscapes of the UK and this is a perfect opportunity.
I am looking for some must see spots along the way to map out my trip. I have about 7-10 days off, and need to return to London to fly home. I love the rock music that comes out of that region (Oasis, Embrace, The Smiths, etc). I like nightlife, but I want to spend my days wandering about taking amazing photographs.
My budget is a little bit of a concern. I don't need to stay in luxurious hotels, but I also don't want to sleep in fear of bed bugs or cockroaches.
I am interested in passing through Leeds. Probably Drive up the North Sea coast and back down to London by way of the Eastern coast.
Any advice you can give me is appreciated. I have never been to the UK before.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 2 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 3 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 4 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 5 7 days in Greece
- 6 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 7 Itinerary Help for Portugal
- 8 Paris cooking classes
- 9 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 10 20 Days in Greece Itinerary Vetting
- 11 Canal du Midi
- 12 Family vacation to europe
- 13 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 14 Sketchy Neighborhoods Naples?
- 15 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 16 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!
- 17 Rental car in Menton
- 18 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 19 Italy
- 20 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 21 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 22 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 23 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 24 Barcelona and...
- 25 helping getting to and from Guarda