I am looking at staying in the Loire Valley for two nights, coming from Paris with my husband and 8 month old son, we really want to make this our 'luxurious 2 night stay' and are looking at staying at one of the following castles: Chateaux de Marcay or the Chateaux to Pray (other recommendations are appreciated, we just don't want to spend more than $800/2 nights).
Coming in from Paris, what is the best option to stay at those locations? Take a train to Tours and rent a car from there? Or is there a better station?
This is last minute as we found some pretty good prices and want to book ASAP.
The main chateaus within the region that we want to see are:Chenonceau, Chambord, Azat-Le-Rideau
Your recommendations are so greatly appreciated. Again, the two days in the Loire Valley are pretty flexible.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 2 travel fan 220v?
- 3 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 4 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 5 Guide in Russia
- 6 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 7 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 8 WWI Battlefields
- 9 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 10 Visiting Zurich
- 11 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 12 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 13 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 14 Switzerland
- 15 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 16 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 17 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 18 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 19 Zadar or Sibenik
- 20 Font-de-Gaume - too overweight?
- 21 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 22 Sicily: la foresteria planeta estate or Villa Sicilia Baglio
- 23 Rent a Car?
- 24 Whistle stop family road trip
- 25 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna