I am looking at staying in the Loire Valley for two nights, coming from Paris with my husband and 8 month old son, we really want to make this our 'luxurious 2 night stay' and are looking at staying at one of the following castles: Chateaux de Marcay or the Chateaux to Pray (other recommendations are appreciated, we just don't want to spend more than $800/2 nights).
Coming in from Paris, what is the best option to stay at those locations? Take a train to Tours and rent a car from there? Or is there a better station?
This is last minute as we found some pretty good prices and want to book ASAP.
The main chateaus within the region that we want to see are:Chenonceau, Chambord, Azat-Le-Rideau
Your recommendations are so greatly appreciated. Again, the two days in the Loire Valley are pretty flexible.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 2 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 3 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 4 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 5 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 6 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 7 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 8 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 9 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 10 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 11 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 12 Short Trip in July
- 13 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 14 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 15 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 16 First trip to England & Ireland-9 days in August
- 17 current best wisdom on taxis from CDG to 17eme
- 18 Cell Phone Question
- 19 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 20 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 21 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 22 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 23 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 24 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 25 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne