I am looking at staying in the Loire Valley for two nights, coming from Paris with my husband and 8 month old son, we really want to make this our 'luxurious 2 night stay' and are looking at staying at one of the following castles: Chateaux de Marcay or the Chateaux to Pray (other recommendations are appreciated, we just don't want to spend more than $800/2 nights).
Coming in from Paris, what is the best option to stay at those locations? Take a train to Tours and rent a car from there? Or is there a better station?
This is last minute as we found some pretty good prices and want to book ASAP.
The main chateaus within the region that we want to see are:Chenonceau, Chambord, Azat-Le-Rideau
Your recommendations are so greatly appreciated. Again, the two days in the Loire Valley are pretty flexible.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 2 Iceland for Nine Days
- 3 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 4 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 5 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 6 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 7 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 8 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 9 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 10 Rome or Venice first
- 11 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 12 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 13 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 14 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 15 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 16 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 17 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 18 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 19 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 20 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 21 3 day trip to iceland
- 22 Alitala
- 23 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 24 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more