We usually have all our plans in place 3 to 4 months out, but just decided on Iceland for late Aug./early Sept. 2014, so I feel a bit rushed. We'll probably fly R/T from NY, we'd like to have a rental car (any suggestions for a co.?), we'll have 8 nights to spend, interested in the local culture, scenery, wildlife and meeting people, which is why we'd prefer to stay at a farm or B&B. Thinking about 2 or 3 places to stay max. Our budget for lodging is roughly 70 to 80 Euro per night. We could stretch it a bit for a stay near the airport on our last night. We are NOT hikers (sorry for the all caps), as my wife has limited walking ability. Any help with a plan, sights, places to stay would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 2 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 3 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 4 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 5 Cote d'Azure & Aix In need of your expertise-10 days in May
- 6 Paris---baguette question???
- 7 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 8 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 9 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 10 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 11 Madrid - time to allow for train
- 12 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 13 Scenic Driving Routes
- 14 Sent a postcard recently from Italy?
- 15 Vienna to Bratislava
- 16 Venice - suggestions for hotels just after Easter - mid-April 2017.
- 17 1 way ticket
- 18 Chip and Sign credit cards usage in europe
- 19 pareja de hecho in Spain
- 20 Visiting Spain in January
- 21 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 22 What type of visa is right for me?
- 23 road trip from Dover to see the English countryside and castes
- 24 French immersion courses in France
- 25 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?