We usually have all our plans in place 3 to 4 months out, but just decided on Iceland for late Aug./early Sept. 2014, so I feel a bit rushed. We'll probably fly R/T from NY, we'd like to have a rental car (any suggestions for a co.?), we'll have 8 nights to spend, interested in the local culture, scenery, wildlife and meeting people, which is why we'd prefer to stay at a farm or B&B. Thinking about 2 or 3 places to stay max. Our budget for lodging is roughly 70 to 80 Euro per night. We could stretch it a bit for a stay near the airport on our last night. We are NOT hikers (sorry for the all caps), as my wife has limited walking ability. Any help with a plan, sights, places to stay would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Airport Question!
- 2 Portugal Walking Tour
- 3 Dressing for Volksoper Opera
- 4 Were you in Europe in August? How crowded WAS it?
- 5 Hair Straightener
- 6 ATM Exchange Rate in Italy
- 7 Thanksgiving Trip from Land
- 8 Alternative to Florence for one night
- 9 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 10 I forgot my international driver permit
- 11 Authentic fishing villages Amalfi or Pugia
- 12 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 13 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 14 A Wonderful "What to See Along the Route" Request: Scotland
- 15 Orange or other Spain SIM card available in Barcelona Airport?
- 16 Prague old town
- 17 How to get to Giverny from Paris
- 18 Madrid/Camino Hike/Madrid + 5 nights?
- 19 Ordering in a Deli
- 20 Trip report part 2 Naxos
- 21 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 22 20 free days of Europe
- 23 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 24 Thello EN220: Milano to Paris question
- 25 International Friends Tour