We usually have all our plans in place 3 to 4 months out, but just decided on Iceland for late Aug./early Sept. 2014, so I feel a bit rushed. We'll probably fly R/T from NY, we'd like to have a rental car (any suggestions for a co.?), we'll have 8 nights to spend, interested in the local culture, scenery, wildlife and meeting people, which is why we'd prefer to stay at a farm or B&B. Thinking about 2 or 3 places to stay max. Our budget for lodging is roughly 70 to 80 Euro per night. We could stretch it a bit for a stay near the airport on our last night. We are NOT hikers (sorry for the all caps), as my wife has limited walking ability. Any help with a plan, sights, places to stay would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 2 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 3 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 4 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 5 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 6 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 7 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 8 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 9 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 10 Cell Phone Question
- 11 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 12 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 13 Greek Islands (small)
- 14 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 15 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 16 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 17 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 18 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 19 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 20 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 21 Help required with Itinerary
- 22 Are there any Paris walking guides I should add to my collection?
- 23 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 24 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 25 Campervan in Croatia