We usually have all our plans in place 3 to 4 months out, but just decided on Iceland for late Aug./early Sept. 2014, so I feel a bit rushed. We'll probably fly R/T from NY, we'd like to have a rental car (any suggestions for a co.?), we'll have 8 nights to spend, interested in the local culture, scenery, wildlife and meeting people, which is why we'd prefer to stay at a farm or B&B. Thinking about 2 or 3 places to stay max. Our budget for lodging is roughly 70 to 80 Euro per night. We could stretch it a bit for a stay near the airport on our last night. We are NOT hikers (sorry for the all caps), as my wife has limited walking ability. Any help with a plan, sights, places to stay would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 2 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 3 Has anyone used AtlasChoice for a car rental?
- 4 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 5 Hi altitude limitations in Switzerland
- 6 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 7 Walking GPS?
- 8 Capri, Amalfi Coast, Naples in late June/early July
- 9 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 10 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 11 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 12 St Petersburg 3 day Shore Tours from Cruise
- 13 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 14 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 15 Rome to Cascia - is it better by train or bus?
- 16 Cost of Van from CDG
- 17 Portugal trains
- 18 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 19 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 20 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 21 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 22 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 23 AVE Train ticket purchase in Spain
- 24 Bus to Cadaques ?
- 25 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!