We usually have all our plans in place 3 to 4 months out, but just decided on Iceland for late Aug./early Sept. 2014, so I feel a bit rushed. We'll probably fly R/T from NY, we'd like to have a rental car (any suggestions for a co.?), we'll have 8 nights to spend, interested in the local culture, scenery, wildlife and meeting people, which is why we'd prefer to stay at a farm or B&B. Thinking about 2 or 3 places to stay max. Our budget for lodging is roughly 70 to 80 Euro per night. We could stretch it a bit for a stay near the airport on our last night. We are NOT hikers (sorry for the all caps), as my wife has limited walking ability. Any help with a plan, sights, places to stay would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 2 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 3 Most beautiful building facades and photo ops in Paris
- 4 Acorn TV
- 5 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 6 Versailles
- 7 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 8 Sicily
- 9 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 10 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 11 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 12 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 13 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 14 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 15 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 16 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 17 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 18 Train help for Prague
- 19 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 20 Germany train help!
- 21 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 22 Petrol in Greece
- 23 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 24 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 25 Where to enjoy Paris