We usually have all our plans in place 3 to 4 months out, but just decided on Iceland for late Aug./early Sept. 2014, so I feel a bit rushed. We'll probably fly R/T from NY, we'd like to have a rental car (any suggestions for a co.?), we'll have 8 nights to spend, interested in the local culture, scenery, wildlife and meeting people, which is why we'd prefer to stay at a farm or B&B. Thinking about 2 or 3 places to stay max. Our budget for lodging is roughly 70 to 80 Euro per night. We could stretch it a bit for a stay near the airport on our last night. We are NOT hikers (sorry for the all caps), as my wife has limited walking ability. Any help with a plan, sights, places to stay would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First trip to Italy-2 weeks with a 9 year old
- 2 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 3 What to take to Germany
- 4 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 5 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 6 Frankfurt to (insert ideads here) then to the Mosel region
- 7 Private transportation
- 8 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 9 Scotland Trip
- 10 Suggestions for travel
- 11 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 12 Paris Under Seige...
- 13 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 14 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 15 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 16 Holiday in Austria
- 17 Suggest the best land-based casino in Central London
- 18 4 week trip Turkey
- 19 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 20 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 21 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 22 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 23 What one thing in Paris?
- 24 Restaurant Booking sites which one to use, if any, in Spain?
- 25 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!