We usually have all our plans in place 3 to 4 months out, but just decided on Iceland for late Aug./early Sept. 2014, so I feel a bit rushed. We'll probably fly R/T from NY, we'd like to have a rental car (any suggestions for a co.?), we'll have 8 nights to spend, interested in the local culture, scenery, wildlife and meeting people, which is why we'd prefer to stay at a farm or B&B. Thinking about 2 or 3 places to stay max. Our budget for lodging is roughly 70 to 80 Euro per night. We could stretch it a bit for a stay near the airport on our last night. We are NOT hikers (sorry for the all caps), as my wife has limited walking ability. Any help with a plan, sights, places to stay would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 2 Path of the Gods Question
- 3 How big backpack do I need?
- 4 Loire Valley 12 days
- 5 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 6 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 7 a few days in berlin and auschwitz?
- 8 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 9 France to stop making foie grois
- 10 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 11 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 12 Greece Itinerary
- 13 15 days in Sep 2016: Itinerary help pls
- 14 Prague on a budget...
- 15 Munich Under Attack...
- 16 Eurail or Swiss Pass in Switzerland
- 17 Have the terrorist attacks changed where you go & how you travel?
- 18 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 19 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 20 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 21 First trip - destination advice!
- 22 Driving in Portual/Spain
- 23 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 24 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 25 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam