We usually have all our plans in place 3 to 4 months out, but just decided on Iceland for late Aug./early Sept. 2014, so I feel a bit rushed. We'll probably fly R/T from NY, we'd like to have a rental car (any suggestions for a co.?), we'll have 8 nights to spend, interested in the local culture, scenery, wildlife and meeting people, which is why we'd prefer to stay at a farm or B&B. Thinking about 2 or 3 places to stay max. Our budget for lodging is roughly 70 to 80 Euro per night. We could stretch it a bit for a stay near the airport on our last night. We are NOT hikers (sorry for the all caps), as my wife has limited walking ability. Any help with a plan, sights, places to stay would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 2 Tracking the Weather
- 3 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 4 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 5 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 6 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 7 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 8 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 9 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 10 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 11 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 12 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 13 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 14 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 15 Shorts in South of France?
- 16 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 17 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 18 Europe itinerary help!
- 19 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 20 Lario Bus or taxi at Linate?
- 21 Which Day?
- 22 barcelona neighborhood
- 23 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 24 Trip to Hungary, Croatia, Prague May 2018
- 25 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!