We usually have all our plans in place 3 to 4 months out, but just decided on Iceland for late Aug./early Sept. 2014, so I feel a bit rushed. We'll probably fly R/T from NY, we'd like to have a rental car (any suggestions for a co.?), we'll have 8 nights to spend, interested in the local culture, scenery, wildlife and meeting people, which is why we'd prefer to stay at a farm or B&B. Thinking about 2 or 3 places to stay max. Our budget for lodging is roughly 70 to 80 Euro per night. We could stretch it a bit for a stay near the airport on our last night. We are NOT hikers (sorry for the all caps), as my wife has limited walking ability. Any help with a plan, sights, places to stay would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Southern Spain - itinerary suggestions?
- 2 Hotel Florescente, Lisbon
- 3 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 4 Flights from the UK to Rimini
- 5 Civray (Charente) in France worth visiting?
- 6 12 days in Italy
- 7 9 days in Austria. Vienna plus 4 days w/car, Salzburg, then train back
- 8 2 weeks in France next May
- 9 Barcelona - senior discounts?
- 10 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 11 Looking for a lists of outside markets in Paris
- 12 From Schipol to ?
- 13 Train/Subway Questions
- 14 Travel to London/Paris/Rome
- 15 Tech challenged: US car charger for IPHONE work in France and Italy
- 16 First timer
- 17 Who owns the Alhambra? ...calling all history buffs
- 18 Planning our Honeymoon
- 19 Sunday Markets in Paris
- 20 A Little Taste of Burgundy To Start Our 2016 Trip...Questions.
- 21 Paris IV: a day trip to Chartres with lots of lessons
- 22 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 23 Best location to stay in Seville
- 24 Montenegro in Sept/Oct
- 25 Day Trip to Sorrento - Help!