I'm planning on being in Norway from June 18th - June 24th this coming summer. I'm flying into Stavanger, then planning on making my way up to Bergen before taking the train to Oslo and leaving. My absolute must-see is kjeragbolten and I would love to see trolltunga too but I am finding that there is very limited - if none at all, public transportation to these places at this time of the year.
I'm a very experienced backpacker and traveler but I would rather not try to hitchhike and since I am 22 years old, and not familiar with renting a car in a foreign country, I am beginning to see that making it to one or both of these places could be very challenging. (I know pulpit rock would be much easier to make it to but I am not giving up on kjerag until I exhaust every option.)
I guess my questions are this:
Do any of you know if it would be possible for someone my age to rent a car in Stavanger?
Has anyone done either of these two hikes before?
Any other great hikes that you would recommend?
Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 2 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 3 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 4 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 5 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 6 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 7 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 8 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 9 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 10 Help required with Itinerary
- 11 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 12 Are there any Paris walking guides I should add to my collection?
- 13 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 14 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 15 Campervan in Croatia
- 16 Greek Islands (small)
- 17 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 18 Cell Phone Question
- 19 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 20 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 21 K-Day
- 22 UK Visa Help
- 23 Skye to Edinburgh
- 24 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 25 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.