I'm planning on being in Norway from June 18th - June 24th this coming summer. I'm flying into Stavanger, then planning on making my way up to Bergen before taking the train to Oslo and leaving. My absolute must-see is kjeragbolten and I would love to see trolltunga too but I am finding that there is very limited - if none at all, public transportation to these places at this time of the year.
I'm a very experienced backpacker and traveler but I would rather not try to hitchhike and since I am 22 years old, and not familiar with renting a car in a foreign country, I am beginning to see that making it to one or both of these places could be very challenging. (I know pulpit rock would be much easier to make it to but I am not giving up on kjerag until I exhaust every option.)
I guess my questions are this:
Do any of you know if it would be possible for someone my age to rent a car in Stavanger?
Has anyone done either of these two hikes before?
Any other great hikes that you would recommend?
Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 사설토토추천사이트 ◐ 도메인 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx12▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 3 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Road trip with our dog
- 6 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 7 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 8 Douro Valley in January?
- 9 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 10 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 11 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 12 Munich and....???
- 13 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 14 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 15 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 16 italy Cinque Terre
- 17 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 18 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 19 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 20 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 21 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 22 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 23 Spanish Medical Providers
- 24 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 25 Can parking