I'm planning on being in Norway from June 18th - June 24th this coming summer. I'm flying into Stavanger, then planning on making my way up to Bergen before taking the train to Oslo and leaving. My absolute must-see is kjeragbolten and I would love to see trolltunga too but I am finding that there is very limited - if none at all, public transportation to these places at this time of the year.
I'm a very experienced backpacker and traveler but I would rather not try to hitchhike and since I am 22 years old, and not familiar with renting a car in a foreign country, I am beginning to see that making it to one or both of these places could be very challenging. (I know pulpit rock would be much easier to make it to but I am not giving up on kjerag until I exhaust every option.)
I guess my questions are this:
Do any of you know if it would be possible for someone my age to rent a car in Stavanger?
Has anyone done either of these two hikes before?
Any other great hikes that you would recommend?
Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 2 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 5 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 6 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 7 Swiss Travel Pass
- 8 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 9 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 10 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 11 Athens
- 12 We're here!
- 13 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 14 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 15 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 16 Another Guide for Art Loving Tourists
- 17 Petrol in Greece
- 18 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 19 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 20 France for 3 weeks..Too many choices
- 21 Gyms in Paris-day passes?
- 22 Christmas markets still open after Dec 25?
- 23 Wimbledon Debenture tickets
- 24 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 25 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out