Thanks to so many great replies to my previous posts, and after reading some wonderful trip reports, I've revised our itinerary for this summer with DH and our two sons, ages 17 and 15. They are fairly experienced travelers after spending a month in Italy last summer. I still need a lot of help with some specifics, so any advice would be most welcome.
The good news is that I'm still dealing with a blank slate, as nothing is booked. But I know I have to do that soon!
Here's what I have so far:
Fly into Brussels, stay 1 night in Brussels. Visit the Grand Place and savor chocolate and wine (maybe DH will have beer)
Train to Bruges, stay 2 nights in Bruges
Train to Paris, stay 5 nights in Paris
Train to Avignon, pick up car at station, drive to St Remy. Stay in St Remy 6 nights, using it as a base to explore the beautiful towns in Provence.
Somehow get to Switzerland and stay for 8 nights!
This is the part I don't have much on. We'd fly home from Geneva, but we'd like to do some traveling around Switzerland. Some places that look interesting are Lucerne, Lugano with the Palm Express to St Moritz, Chateau Chillon, Gruyere, Golden Pass train to Gstaad...
So, if anyone could help me with some intelligent way to do this I'd be so grateful. We could also drop a day off Paris to add more time to Switzerland...and even cut Provence down a day as well.
Switzerland has always been a dream destination, but I'm a little fearful of heights. When we visited Ezes a couple of years ago, I could not believe how steep it was! I enjoyed it, but was a little freaked out getting there! Please keep in mind that I'm not the type to do the daredevil luge type of activity--thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Edinburgh Questions...
- 2 Thinking of ROME? Really???
- 3 From London to Italy - where to go?
- 4 Fall trip to The Netherlands and Belgium
- 5 Montpillier Car Rental Return Help
- 6 Holding bags in Paris
- 7 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 8 Nonstop from Belfast to ...???
- 9 Help me celebrate my daughter's 10th Birthday in Austria!
- 10 Giverny vs. Versailles
- 11 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 12 Planning first trip to Germany, looking for any recommendations!!!
- 13 Need Help Planning a 19 day visit to Ireland
- 14 ICELAND DAY 2 and 3!
- 15 Anyone ever used Northwest Walks or Sherpa for a C2C England hike?
- 16 SIXT car rental uk
- 17 Your favorite Paris shopping street.
- 18 Where to stay in Delft and Antwerp
- 19 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 20 Advice on Transportation - Berlin
- 21 Trip to France (Provence, Languedoc/Roussillon) - a quick summary
- 22 A month in northern Italy: Mountains, Lakes and Castles
- 23 Bulle/Charmey (Gruyere region)
- 24 14 Days in Portugal - Help with Itinerary
- 25 Greek island cruise or self tour
Itinerary SOS: Belgium, France, Switzerland-where to stay in Switzerland?