Thanks to so many great replies to my previous posts, and after reading some wonderful trip reports, I've revised our itinerary for this summer with DH and our two sons, ages 17 and 15. They are fairly experienced travelers after spending a month in Italy last summer. I still need a lot of help with some specifics, so any advice would be most welcome.
The good news is that I'm still dealing with a blank slate, as nothing is booked. But I know I have to do that soon!
Here's what I have so far:
Fly into Brussels, stay 1 night in Brussels. Visit the Grand Place and savor chocolate and wine (maybe DH will have beer)
Train to Bruges, stay 2 nights in Bruges
Train to Paris, stay 5 nights in Paris
Train to Avignon, pick up car at station, drive to St Remy. Stay in St Remy 6 nights, using it as a base to explore the beautiful towns in Provence.
Somehow get to Switzerland and stay for 8 nights!
This is the part I don't have much on. We'd fly home from Geneva, but we'd like to do some traveling around Switzerland. Some places that look interesting are Lucerne, Lugano with the Palm Express to St Moritz, Chateau Chillon, Gruyere, Golden Pass train to Gstaad...
So, if anyone could help me with some intelligent way to do this I'd be so grateful. We could also drop a day off Paris to add more time to Switzerland...and even cut Provence down a day as well.
Switzerland has always been a dream destination, but I'm a little fearful of heights. When we visited Ezes a couple of years ago, I could not believe how steep it was! I enjoyed it, but was a little freaked out getting there! Please keep in mind that I'm not the type to do the daredevil luge type of activity--thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for advice about flight from Barcelona to Paris
- 2 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 3 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 4 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 5 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 6 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 7 Scotland itinerary help
- 8 Rental Car pick up in Cortana
- 9 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 10 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 11 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 12 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 13 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 14 Info for Edinburgh visit
- 15 Scotland
- 16 Fodors's Slow to Load Lately?
- 17 AMBOISE BALLOON RIDE !! out of this world
- 18 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 19 Watching A Musical At The West End In London
- 20 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 21 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 22 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 23 Looking for an apartment to rent. Better than hotel?
- 24 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 25 Edinbrugh
Itinerary SOS: Belgium, France, Switzerland-where to stay in Switzerland?