Thanks to so many great replies to my previous posts, and after reading some wonderful trip reports, I've revised our itinerary for this summer with DH and our two sons, ages 17 and 15. They are fairly experienced travelers after spending a month in Italy last summer. I still need a lot of help with some specifics, so any advice would be most welcome.
The good news is that I'm still dealing with a blank slate, as nothing is booked. But I know I have to do that soon!
Here's what I have so far:
Fly into Brussels, stay 1 night in Brussels. Visit the Grand Place and savor chocolate and wine (maybe DH will have beer)
Train to Bruges, stay 2 nights in Bruges
Train to Paris, stay 5 nights in Paris
Train to Avignon, pick up car at station, drive to St Remy. Stay in St Remy 6 nights, using it as a base to explore the beautiful towns in Provence.
Somehow get to Switzerland and stay for 8 nights!
This is the part I don't have much on. We'd fly home from Geneva, but we'd like to do some traveling around Switzerland. Some places that look interesting are Lucerne, Lugano with the Palm Express to St Moritz, Chateau Chillon, Gruyere, Golden Pass train to Gstaad...
So, if anyone could help me with some intelligent way to do this I'd be so grateful. We could also drop a day off Paris to add more time to Switzerland...and even cut Provence down a day as well.
Switzerland has always been a dream destination, but I'm a little fearful of heights. When we visited Ezes a couple of years ago, I could not believe how steep it was! I enjoyed it, but was a little freaked out getting there! Please keep in mind that I'm not the type to do the daredevil luge type of activity--thanks!
Itinerary SOS: Belgium, France, Switzerland-where to stay in Switzerland?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips from Seville
- 2 Airport to Piraeus
- 3 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 4 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 5 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 6 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 7 storing luggage for 10 days in Paris?
- 8 What time does Left-Luggage lockers open at Gare Du Nord??
- 9 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 10 How Do I call the US from Italy?
- 11 Paris - Cochem - Cologne - Paris
- 12 7 Nights in Paris
- 13 Crete or Mallorca? Where to go?
- 14 Experiences with spanish tour operator Iberica Travel?
- 15 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 16 Day Trip from Paris? Versailles - go or no? Other ideas . . .
- 17 Best cheap airport hotel/hostel in Madrid?
- 18 Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza - 1 week. Seeking lodging, itinerary suggestions.
- 19 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 20 Riga 2014
- 21 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 22 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 23 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?
- 24 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 25 FRANCE: SIM CARD