Thanks to so many great replies to my previous posts, and after reading some wonderful trip reports, I've revised our itinerary for this summer with DH and our two sons, ages 17 and 15. They are fairly experienced travelers after spending a month in Italy last summer. I still need a lot of help with some specifics, so any advice would be most welcome.
The good news is that I'm still dealing with a blank slate, as nothing is booked. But I know I have to do that soon!
Here's what I have so far:
Fly into Brussels, stay 1 night in Brussels. Visit the Grand Place and savor chocolate and wine (maybe DH will have beer)
Train to Bruges, stay 2 nights in Bruges
Train to Paris, stay 5 nights in Paris
Train to Avignon, pick up car at station, drive to St Remy. Stay in St Remy 6 nights, using it as a base to explore the beautiful towns in Provence.
Somehow get to Switzerland and stay for 8 nights!
This is the part I don't have much on. We'd fly home from Geneva, but we'd like to do some traveling around Switzerland. Some places that look interesting are Lucerne, Lugano with the Palm Express to St Moritz, Chateau Chillon, Gruyere, Golden Pass train to Gstaad...
So, if anyone could help me with some intelligent way to do this I'd be so grateful. We could also drop a day off Paris to add more time to Switzerland...and even cut Provence down a day as well.
Switzerland has always been a dream destination, but I'm a little fearful of heights. When we visited Ezes a couple of years ago, I could not believe how steep it was! I enjoyed it, but was a little freaked out getting there! Please keep in mind that I'm not the type to do the daredevil luge type of activity--thanks!
Itinerary SOS: Belgium, France, Switzerland-where to stay in Switzerland?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 nearby cities to london
- 2 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 3 Hotel in Venice
- 4 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 5 9 days in turkey
- 6 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 7 7 days in Greece
- 8 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 9 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 10 Itinerary Check- London, Paris, Rome
- 11 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 12 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 13 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 14 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 15 Airbnb recommendations: London, Paris, Rome
- 16 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 17 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 18 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 19 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 20 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 21 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 22 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 23 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 24 Europe in 21 days
- 25 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich