Me and two of my sisters wanted to experience Oktoberfest so we booked a trip- arriving in Munich the morning of September 26th and departing from Munich at 3pm on October 5th. We plan to explore Munich on the 26th and then do Oktoberfest on the 27th. We're now trying to decide where to travel to on the 28th. Some options we've discussed are Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, Budapest, and Berlin. We want to narrow it down to two cities as we don't want to bite off more than we can chew. Ideally, we'd like to travel back to Munich the morning of our flight home to give us a 6 full days to explore. We're also open to overnight trains to maximize our time in each city.
For reference, I'm a 28 year old male and my two sisters will be 26 and 24. This will be the first continental European trip for me and one of my sisters but the other sister studied abroad in London and saw much of western Europe which is why we're focusing on the cities we chose. We enjoy going out but that will be taken care of at Oktoberfest so we're more focused on seeing/doing as much as we can in the other cities we travel to.
Prague seems to be the frontrunner right now but upon doing some initial research we've seen sone mixed reviews. Any advice or pros and cons on the cities we mentioned would be much appreciated as we attempt to pull together our itinerary.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 2 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 3 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 4 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 5 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 6 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 7 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 8 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 9 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 10 Cutback on Spain trip
- 11 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 12 where to stay in London?
- 13 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 14 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 15 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 16 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 17 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 18 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 19 Croatia transportation question.
- 20 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 21 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 22 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 23 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 24 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 25 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany