I was hoping for some guidance. My husband and I are travelling to Italy for 2.5 weeks late June with our 14 month old daughter.
We have both been to Italy before and was hoping to do this trip a little differently.. Slower, off the beaten track, relaxing. We would like 3 or 4 days relaxing in the Tuscan countryside somewhere.
We can fly in to any city as we are spending the previous 2.5 weeks in Spain but we fly out of Rome at the end of our holiday. We do not want to spend time in Rome (as we have prev been there) other then transiting.
We are open to suggestions, but we do want to spend some time in Tuscany.
I have done research but getting very confused now as there is so much choice.
We will hire a car to ensure we can see and explore the countryside, especially in Tuscany.
We have collectively been to Venice, Florence, Amalfi, cinque terra, Rome before and so would not want to spend a huge amount of time in those areas.
Any suggestions would be great - we love food, wine, culture, architecture, art (but not over the top)..
Thanking you in adance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 God Save the Queen?
- 2 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 5 Barcelona alternative
- 6 Iceland
- 7 Frankfurt to UK
- 8 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 9 Paris to Italy
- 10 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 11 Milan or Turin
- 12 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 13 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 14 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 15 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 16 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old
- 17 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 18 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 19 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 20 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 21 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 22 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 23 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 24 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 25 Venice to Zermatt by Train