My husband and I are taking our very first trip to Italy this fall and I need a bit of advice on our itinerary. Here is our current schedule:
Sunday 9/2- arrive in Milan at 730am after traveling from San Francisco, rest all day,
dinner/nightlife in Milan
Monday 9/3- shopping in Milan
Tuesday 9/4- morning in Milan, travel to Florence by early afternoon train, late afternoon
and night in Florence.
Wednesday 9/5- shopping/exploring Florence
Thursday 9/6- explore Florence (possible morning trip to outlets for shopping) take
evening train to Naples, private driver take us to hotel in Positano.
Friday 9/7- cooking class in Ravello, rest of day in Positano (maybe boat to Capri for
Saturday 9/8- exploring Positano/relaxing
Sunday 9/9- 1pm flight from Napes to Paris, arrive in Paris, spend afternoon and night in
Monday 9/10- board 1pm flight from Paris back to the Left Coast
I am thinking of adding a quick trip to Venice in here. If I do it, it would be on Tuesday 9/4 leaving Milan in the morning on a train to Venice, spend the day there and either leave on a late evening train to Florence or stay overnight and go to Florence early in the morning on Wednesday and continue with the rest of the schedule as planned. Do you think such a short trip to Venice is worth it? I have heard that it will still be very hot, very crowded and very stinky this time of year and that we are likely to be miserable so its not worth cutting Florence and Milan short on this trip. I have also heard that Venice is amazing this time of year and we'd be crazy not to go. Please let me know what you think and if you think we should go should we just do the day trip or stay overnight?
A side note- Ive been told countless times that this itinerary is unconventional for a first time trip to Italy because we are doing Milan and not Rome. We are a fairly young couple (31 and 32) and are really into fashion. We would love to be able to stay longer and do both but this is longest we have childcare for back home so we felt we had to choose and then come back in a couple years to do what we missed this trip.. For us going to Milan and exploring the flagship stores of some of the great fashion houses is similar to an art-enthusiast touring the Louvre for the first time. In addition to the fashion/shopping, we are going to Italy for the food, the architecture and romance! We also love good nightlife which we are hoping to get in Milan as well. Thanks in advance for any suggestions/comments.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 롤렛 ※연결 :≫tt349.com≪
- 2 카지노블랙썬■※■『KIA700.CoM』■※■아시안카지노ネ아시안카지노
- 3 성인신천지 ≪접속주소 :≫tt349.com≪
- 4 Help needed for our trip to Munich, Salzburg, Prague & Vienna
- 5 asdfasdf
- 6 Transportation
- 7 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 8 4 days in Provence in early June
- 9 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 10 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 11 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 12 Leather goods in Florence
- 13 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 14 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 15 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 16 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 17 France Itinerary Advice
- 18 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 19 dinner jackets
- 20 Trip to Rome
- 21 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 22 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 23 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 24 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 25 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)