Reload this Page >

Extra day Florence or Venice?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 09:45 PM
Mike

I will have 7 days of our trip in May to divide between Florence or Venice. Which do you sugest &amp; why?<BR>

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 09:56 PM
Chet

Hi Mike:<BR><BR>Both are great destination cities. Florence has more art work and statuary; Venice has an ambience that is hard to beat. Not knowing your overall itinerary, I would allow three days in each, with a day for travelling between the cities. If your itinerary is just for that week, I would consider flying in to one; taking the train to the other; and flying home from the second. Saves backtracking.<BR>Hope this helps, Chet

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 04:56 AM
Kathy

Both places are great, so here's what you need to decide. Do you want to spend more time in museums and cathedrals and looking at artwork and such, or strolling and shopping in an incredible ambience. The first is Florence and the second is Venice (in my opinion). While Florence has great shopping, I loved all the little shops and small canal streets of Venice. Lot's of beautiful glass and such. Venice is a great place to just wonder and get lost in. Either way, you will have a great time, but I wish I had allowed a little more time for Venice. But again, if art is your thing, choose Florence.

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 06:15 AM
Joyce

On my trip to Italy, I spent 3 days in each of these cities. If I had it all to do over again, I would have given 2 days to Florence and 4 days (or more, if possible) to Venice. I think 2 days is more than adequate for a Florence visit, especially if you make museum reservations ahead of time.<BR><BR>I am now planning a return trip to Venice. If I never see Florence again, it is okay with me.

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 03:29 PM
net

I agree with Joyce but the other poster is right--if art and museums are your thing, you may want to give the extra day to Florence.