Will be going to Istanbul in Nov. for a conference. Please can someone recommend how to go about with the taxi airport transfer as Mariott Asia is charging Euro 110/- which is quite steep. Is there a prepaid taxi service available at Ataturk Airport which can be taken on arrival?
Also, it would be help if someone can recommend a place of stay preferably 3-star hotel in the same area as Mariott Asia or any conveniently located hotel as I intend to extend my stay for 2 days and will be checking-out of Mariott Asia post the conference.
Lastly, what are the must sees & must eats in Istanbul? Would like to visit the palaces and souks and preferably go to see a belly dance. Can someone recommend a two day itinerary with the suggestions for local transport? Is it alright to take a taxi on the go? Is the food to be eaten in food-courts or elsewhere? Please advise.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Brugge or Ghent?
- 2 Berlin Hotel feedback
- 3 3 days with a Swindon base
- 4 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 5 Renaissance art - what is a "bierhead" ?
- 6 dubrovnik activities. Bay of Kotor
- 7 Jetlagged first day in Hamburg
- 8 Need help - Interlaken OR Zermatt / St.Martiz to spend time
- 9 Stockholm & Copenhagen - 7 Nights early Sep
- 10 Krka waterfalls- Best time and best hotel?
- 11 Sicily transportation
- 12 Which Guided Tour ??
- 13 easy daytrip from Firenze (without car)
- 14 What Greek islands should I visit
- 15 One quick week -- where in France?
- 16 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 17 Day trips on Irish Rail from Dublin?
- 18 Train to L'Aquila italy
- 19 Citadines Trafalgar Square
- 20 Local markets in Italy
- 21 A week in Europe (Switzerland area)
- 22 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 23 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 24 Barcelona completely overrated
- 25 Italy - Car Rental - CDW's and Insurance