Will be going to Istanbul in Nov. for a conference. Please can someone recommend how to go about with the taxi airport transfer as Mariott Asia is charging Euro 110/- which is quite steep. Is there a prepaid taxi service available at Ataturk Airport which can be taken on arrival?
Also, it would be help if someone can recommend a place of stay preferably 3-star hotel in the same area as Mariott Asia or any conveniently located hotel as I intend to extend my stay for 2 days and will be checking-out of Mariott Asia post the conference.
Lastly, what are the must sees & must eats in Istanbul? Would like to visit the palaces and souks and preferably go to see a belly dance. Can someone recommend a two day itinerary with the suggestions for local transport? Is it alright to take a taxi on the go? Is the food to be eaten in food-courts or elsewhere? Please advise.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 2 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 3 Best way to get out of London and rent a car?
- 4 Late June 2017 - Capri/Amalfi Coast vs Serengeti Safari
- 5 Visiting Cornwall September 2016
- 6 Car service- Suitcase & hand luggage
- 7 Dublin Ireland Advice Needed
- 8 Car rental/train option to Paola/San Lucido Italy? - Mom and 3 kids
- 9 Car service of choice in Rome? Uber?
- 10 Venice, Italy to Amalfi coast
- 11 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 12 Where to go in March??
- 13 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich
- 14 Bergamo and Padua: Best Atmosphere for Aimless Strolling? 3-night-Split
- 15 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 16 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 17 Documentation Entering/Leaving Schengen Region
- 18 Last Minute Advice needed for Rome
- 19 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 20 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 21 please revew provence agenda
- 22 Self-Drive: Dublin to Shannon, or Belfast to Dublin
- 23 IRetiremenrt Fantasy-Italy
- 24 Age limitation for car rental
- 25 Do i need to validate international train tickets?