Will be going to Istanbul in Nov. for a conference. Please can someone recommend how to go about with the taxi airport transfer as Mariott Asia is charging Euro 110/- which is quite steep. Is there a prepaid taxi service available at Ataturk Airport which can be taken on arrival?
Also, it would be help if someone can recommend a place of stay preferably 3-star hotel in the same area as Mariott Asia or any conveniently located hotel as I intend to extend my stay for 2 days and will be checking-out of Mariott Asia post the conference.
Lastly, what are the must sees & must eats in Istanbul? Would like to visit the palaces and souks and preferably go to see a belly dance. Can someone recommend a two day itinerary with the suggestions for local transport? Is it alright to take a taxi on the go? Is the food to be eaten in food-courts or elsewhere? Please advise.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland--transport from Dundee wharf to Edinburgh city center
- 2 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 3 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 4 Fill 4 or 5 days for me please-Spain
- 5 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 6 Are Munich and Vienna too similar for same trip?
- 7 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 8 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 9 Three days in Istanbul in August
- 10 Calling Flamenco fans including Kimhe
- 11 4 days driving holiday to rural North England.
- 12 Where to stay in Italy for a month in Oct/Nov
- 13 One in Paris ... help
- 14 Spain and Portugal for two and a half weeks
- 15 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 16 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 17 Dolomites October 14-18
- 18 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 19 Sweden, Denmark or Both ? 8 days in Aug
- 20 Seville Itinerary
- 21 Christmas in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 22 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 23 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 24 Bern, Switzerland: Anything Open on Jan 1st?
- 25 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris