Will be going to Istanbul in Nov. for a conference. Please can someone recommend how to go about with the taxi airport transfer as Mariott Asia is charging Euro 110/- which is quite steep. Is there a prepaid taxi service available at Ataturk Airport which can be taken on arrival?
Also, it would be help if someone can recommend a place of stay preferably 3-star hotel in the same area as Mariott Asia or any conveniently located hotel as I intend to extend my stay for 2 days and will be checking-out of Mariott Asia post the conference.
Lastly, what are the must sees & must eats in Istanbul? Would like to visit the palaces and souks and preferably go to see a belly dance. Can someone recommend a two day itinerary with the suggestions for local transport? Is it alright to take a taxi on the go? Is the food to be eaten in food-courts or elsewhere? Please advise.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ITINERARY-6 WEEKS
- 2 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 3 London Paris
- 4 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 5 Apart from the people is Helsinki a little dull?
- 6 Cheap SIM cards for iPhones in Paris
- 7 Alsace Accommodations
- 8 Bavaria in August
- 9 Germany with my Girlfriend
- 10 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 11 Sintra day trip from Lisbon - Independent versus Tour?
- 12 How hard (for an American) to drive in Yorkshire?
- 13 A Week on the Canal du Midi
- 14 Planning a two day visit to Montreux
- 15 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 16 Rome to Sicily/Lipari September fly/boat???
- 17 Going to Den Bosch to See the Bosch Exhibit?
- 18 Vienna - Site seeing help
- 19 St Petersburg 3 day Shore Tours from Cruise
- 20 Scandinavia????
- 21 Guarda ->Zurich, Luzern->Ascona
- 22 Any partners to join?
- 23 Venice to Positano
- 24 is black forest worth itself in october?
- 25 Family vacation near Amsterdam