Will be going to Istanbul in Nov. for a conference. Please can someone recommend how to go about with the taxi airport transfer as Mariott Asia is charging Euro 110/- which is quite steep. Is there a prepaid taxi service available at Ataturk Airport which can be taken on arrival?
Also, it would be help if someone can recommend a place of stay preferably 3-star hotel in the same area as Mariott Asia or any conveniently located hotel as I intend to extend my stay for 2 days and will be checking-out of Mariott Asia post the conference.
Lastly, what are the must sees & must eats in Istanbul? Would like to visit the palaces and souks and preferably go to see a belly dance. Can someone recommend a two day itinerary with the suggestions for local transport? Is it alright to take a taxi on the go? Is the food to be eaten in food-courts or elsewhere? Please advise.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 2 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 3 I need a haircut
- 4 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 5 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 6 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 7 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 8 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 9 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 10 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 11 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 12 We Need a Pact
- 13 DOURO RIVER CRUISE - 1 DAY - PORTO-PINHAO-PORTO
- 14 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 15 german rail ticket question
- 16 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 17 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 18 flea markets in France
- 19 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 20 Italy vacation rental help
- 21 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 22 Monet in Normandy
- 23 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 24 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 25 Honeymooning in Europe