Will be going to Istanbul in Nov. for a conference. Please can someone recommend how to go about with the taxi airport transfer as Mariott Asia is charging Euro 110/- which is quite steep. Is there a prepaid taxi service available at Ataturk Airport which can be taken on arrival?
Also, it would be help if someone can recommend a place of stay preferably 3-star hotel in the same area as Mariott Asia or any conveniently located hotel as I intend to extend my stay for 2 days and will be checking-out of Mariott Asia post the conference.
Lastly, what are the must sees & must eats in Istanbul? Would like to visit the palaces and souks and preferably go to see a belly dance. Can someone recommend a two day itinerary with the suggestions for local transport? Is it alright to take a taxi on the go? Is the food to be eaten in food-courts or elsewhere? Please advise.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 2 Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest
- 3 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 4 European Travel in March
- 5 Scotland Highlands Help
- 6 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 7 Amsterdam, Germany
- 8 Changing planes in Frankfurt
- 9 Ravenna Mosaics
- 10 Our time in Rome
- 11 What do you trust more: Booking or Tripadvisor?
- 12 Berlin, germany
- 13 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 14 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 15 Itinerary Critique, please?
- 16 What to shop for in Floeence, Chianti, Montalcino and CT
- 17 Greece Itinerary
- 18 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 19 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 20 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 21 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 22 Barcelona and coastal towns
- 23 evening of song and dance
- 24 Hallstatt to Salzburg- getting back transportation questions
- 25 Dinan or Avranches to visit Le Mont St. Michel?