Will be going to Istanbul in Nov. for a conference. Please can someone recommend how to go about with the taxi airport transfer as Mariott Asia is charging Euro 110/- which is quite steep. Is there a prepaid taxi service available at Ataturk Airport which can be taken on arrival?
Also, it would be help if someone can recommend a place of stay preferably 3-star hotel in the same area as Mariott Asia or any conveniently located hotel as I intend to extend my stay for 2 days and will be checking-out of Mariott Asia post the conference.
Lastly, what are the must sees & must eats in Istanbul? Would like to visit the palaces and souks and preferably go to see a belly dance. Can someone recommend a two day itinerary with the suggestions for local transport? Is it alright to take a taxi on the go? Is the food to be eaten in food-courts or elsewhere? Please advise.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Escorted Tours
- 2 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 3 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 4 Ludwig Castles
- 5 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 6 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 7 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 8 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 9 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 10 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 11 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 12 2 Months in Sicily
- 13 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 14 What tips can you give about packing?
- 15 Le Marche, Italy
- 16 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 17 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 18 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 19 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 20 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 21 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 22 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 23 Hallstatt tour recommendations?
- 24 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 25 Experience with Earthbound Tours