I am celebrating my 50th birthday with my family (two sons and girlfriends) in February.
I think one of them is a bit disappointed - and I am now a bit nervous about going - although it is a place I have always wanted to see. I am hoping the weather will be kind to us. We are staying in the Sultanahmet area.
I would welcome any recommendations regarding the best places to try local cuisine etc. I am sure my family would enjoy a cookery lesson too.
We are only there for four nights and it would be so easy to cram too many things in - I want to absorb and enjoy what I see and not have a mad dash around the sights.
I would welcome your thoughts
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 2 Le Marche, Italy
- 3 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 4 Getting from Gare de L'Est to Gare de Lyon
- 5 Ballet Bolshoi
- 6 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 7 Need help with Ligurian/CT itinerary
- 8 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 9 London, guided tours vs "do it oursleves"
- 10 Itinerary Help - 5 weeks Spain and Portugal Cities
- 11 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 12 Scenic full day drive from Bacharach & return?
- 13 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 14 Plane or train between Copenhagen and Stockholm
- 15 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 16 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 17 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 18 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 19 Trains France/Switzerland
- 20 fear of driving in rome!
- 21 Italy trains question
- 22 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 23 Best/Most Scenic Route to Annecy, France from Amsterdam
- 24 Where to stay in Italy for a month in Oct/Nov
- 25 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?