I am celebrating my 50th birthday with my family (two sons and girlfriends) in February.
I think one of them is a bit disappointed - and I am now a bit nervous about going - although it is a place I have always wanted to see. I am hoping the weather will be kind to us. We are staying in the Sultanahmet area.
I would welcome any recommendations regarding the best places to try local cuisine etc. I am sure my family would enjoy a cookery lesson too.
We are only there for four nights and it would be so easy to cram too many things in - I want to absorb and enjoy what I see and not have a mad dash around the sights.
I would welcome your thoughts
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 2 Norway fjord
- 3 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)
- 4 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 5 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 6 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 7 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 8 3 Weeks in Ireland - Itinerary help needed
- 9 St Denis Cathedral
- 10 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 11 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 12 Stockholm during midsummer
- 13 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 14 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 15 No Periods in British Written English!
- 16 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 17 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 18 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 19 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 20 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 21 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 22 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 23 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 24 Praiano
- 25 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?