I am celebrating my 50th birthday with my family (two sons and girlfriends) in February.
I think one of them is a bit disappointed - and I am now a bit nervous about going - although it is a place I have always wanted to see. I am hoping the weather will be kind to us. We are staying in the Sultanahmet area.
I would welcome any recommendations regarding the best places to try local cuisine etc. I am sure my family would enjoy a cookery lesson too.
We are only there for four nights and it would be so easy to cram too many things in - I want to absorb and enjoy what I see and not have a mad dash around the sights.
I would welcome your thoughts
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 nights in Paris
- 2 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 3 Planning Advice!
- 4 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 5 Bellagio Accomodations in October
- 6 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 7 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 8 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 9 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 10 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 11 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 12 Age requirement for hotels in Europe
- 13 England and Wales by public transport
- 14 Our European adventures
- 15 Walking Scotland
- 16 Naples or Genoa
- 17 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 18 2 Nights in Bath, 1 Night in Ludlow - Itinerary Details
- 19 Were to stay near Lecce?
- 20 Travel WiFi - France
- 21 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 22 Just booked Athens & Santorini
- 23 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 24 Wine tasting in Santorini
- 25 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra