I am celebrating my 50th birthday with my family (two sons and girlfriends) in February.
I think one of them is a bit disappointed - and I am now a bit nervous about going - although it is a place I have always wanted to see. I am hoping the weather will be kind to us. We are staying in the Sultanahmet area.
I would welcome any recommendations regarding the best places to try local cuisine etc. I am sure my family would enjoy a cookery lesson too.
We are only there for four nights and it would be so easy to cram too many things in - I want to absorb and enjoy what I see and not have a mad dash around the sights.
I would welcome your thoughts
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 2 My Topic TitleT 10 card question
- 3 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 4 alcazar question and seville advice
- 5 Amsterdam highlights
- 6 First visit to London
- 7 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 8 Villa in Italy
- 9 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 10 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 11 Paris advice with kids
- 12 International drivers permit
- 13 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 14 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 15 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 16 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 17 Paris travel help
- 18 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 19 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 20 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 21 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 22 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 23 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 24 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 25 One night in the Dolomites