I am celebrating my 50th birthday with my family (two sons and girlfriends) in February.
I think one of them is a bit disappointed - and I am now a bit nervous about going - although it is a place I have always wanted to see. I am hoping the weather will be kind to us. We are staying in the Sultanahmet area.
I would welcome any recommendations regarding the best places to try local cuisine etc. I am sure my family would enjoy a cookery lesson too.
We are only there for four nights and it would be so easy to cram too many things in - I want to absorb and enjoy what I see and not have a mad dash around the sights.
I would welcome your thoughts
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ATM nonsense: be prepared
- 2 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 3 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 4 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 5 Rail tickets
- 6 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 7 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 8 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 9 bath or york
- 10 Greece Italy and Turkey
- 11 Hotel room/Aptartment Recommendation for 5 in Paris
- 12 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 13 Three Centre Holiday, Italy
- 14 Hotel in Venice
- 15 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 16 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 17 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 18 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 19 Signal strength of T-Mobile phones in UK, Denmark, & Sweden
- 20 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 21 Paris to Rome
- 22 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 23 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 24 London tube
- 25 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice