I am celebrating my 50th birthday with my family (two sons and girlfriends) in February.
I think one of them is a bit disappointed - and I am now a bit nervous about going - although it is a place I have always wanted to see. I am hoping the weather will be kind to us. We are staying in the Sultanahmet area.
I would welcome any recommendations regarding the best places to try local cuisine etc. I am sure my family would enjoy a cookery lesson too.
We are only there for four nights and it would be so easy to cram too many things in - I want to absorb and enjoy what I see and not have a mad dash around the sights.
I would welcome your thoughts
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 When to go to Sicily
- 2 Careful now in train stations even after security
- 3 Rome Areas to stay
- 4 Wengen to Torino?
- 5 St Germain
- 6 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 7 Lakes District UK
- 8 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 9 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 10 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 11 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 12 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 13 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 14 otel.com / metglobal.com is a scam
- 15 how about a Malaga lunch?
- 16 Versailles-How Long to Plan for a Visit to Trianons
- 17 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 18 Suggestions for Munich in early December
- 19 England & Scotland in April
- 20 Rental car scams in Italy
- 21 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 22 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 23 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 24 Unique Venice Activity
- 25 22 days or DIY tour