I am celebrating my 50th birthday with my family (two sons and girlfriends) in February.
I think one of them is a bit disappointed - and I am now a bit nervous about going - although it is a place I have always wanted to see. I am hoping the weather will be kind to us. We are staying in the Sultanahmet area.
I would welcome any recommendations regarding the best places to try local cuisine etc. I am sure my family would enjoy a cookery lesson too.
We are only there for four nights and it would be so easy to cram too many things in - I want to absorb and enjoy what I see and not have a mad dash around the sights.
I would welcome your thoughts
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family-centered tour for Colosseum or Vatican? Please help!
- 2 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 3 10 day trip - very initial thinking
- 4 How to avoid waiting in line visiting Paris top monuments
- 5 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 6 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 7 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 8 Belgium advice
- 9 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 10 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 11 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 12 Recommendations re walking tours in Dubrovnik and Split
- 13 Amalfi or Positano
- 14 Rome to Positano
- 15 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 16 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 17 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 18 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 19 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 20 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 21 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 22 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 23 3 Nights And 4 Days In Serbia
- 24 Late August Trip to Northern Italy
- 25 Sleeping Beauty's Castle