I am celebrating my 50th birthday with my family (two sons and girlfriends) in February.
I think one of them is a bit disappointed - and I am now a bit nervous about going - although it is a place I have always wanted to see. I am hoping the weather will be kind to us. We are staying in the Sultanahmet area.
I would welcome any recommendations regarding the best places to try local cuisine etc. I am sure my family would enjoy a cookery lesson too.
We are only there for four nights and it would be so easy to cram too many things in - I want to absorb and enjoy what I see and not have a mad dash around the sights.
I would welcome your thoughts
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 4 Help please
- 5 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 6 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 7 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 8 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 9 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 10 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 11 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 12 Iceland - which direction to drive RIng Road? Clockwise or counter?
- 13 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 14 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 15 Rome to venice
- 16 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 17 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 18 Recommendation for GPS with Europe maps
- 19 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 20 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 21 Areas in Milan
- 22 Melia Colbert Paris
- 23 Perugia
- 24 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 25 Frustrated about Smolensk