I am celebrating my 50th birthday with my family (two sons and girlfriends) in February.
I think one of them is a bit disappointed - and I am now a bit nervous about going - although it is a place I have always wanted to see. I am hoping the weather will be kind to us. We are staying in the Sultanahmet area.
I would welcome any recommendations regarding the best places to try local cuisine etc. I am sure my family would enjoy a cookery lesson too.
We are only there for four nights and it would be so easy to cram too many things in - I want to absorb and enjoy what I see and not have a mad dash around the sights.
I would welcome your thoughts
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mailing prescription meds to France?
- 2 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 3 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 4 Thello Train Ticket - Oct 11 - Paris to Venice - "temporarily closed"
- 5 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 6 where to stay in Germany
- 7 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 8 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 9 Christmas Market 2014 Itinerary help
- 10 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 11 Majorca - where to stay?
- 12 Basel - Day Trip
- 13 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 14 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 15 Spending money in Italy?
- 16 Driving Holiday Austria-Switzerland-Italy/Germany-Austria
- 17 Train pass for travel in Italy, France, and Netherlands??
- 18 How to make this adventure work?
- 19 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 20 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 21 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 22 There Nights in Paris - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 23 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 24 I went to Paris in June
- 25 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe