I am celebrating my 50th birthday with my family (two sons and girlfriends) in February.
I think one of them is a bit disappointed - and I am now a bit nervous about going - although it is a place I have always wanted to see. I am hoping the weather will be kind to us. We are staying in the Sultanahmet area.
I would welcome any recommendations regarding the best places to try local cuisine etc. I am sure my family would enjoy a cookery lesson too.
We are only there for four nights and it would be so easy to cram too many things in - I want to absorb and enjoy what I see and not have a mad dash around the sights.
I would welcome your thoughts
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 2 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 3 Lake como area on motorcycles
- 4 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 5 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 6 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 7 Street food in Turkey
- 8 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 9 Three days in Spain
- 10 Paris in April?
- 11 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 12 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 13 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 14 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 15 Prague - Tram #22
- 16 Day trip from London to Paris
- 17 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 18 A drive in Europe
- 19 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 20 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 21 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 22 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 23 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 24 London hotel
- 25 Palm Sunday in Paris