I am celebrating my 50th birthday with my family (two sons and girlfriends) in February.
I think one of them is a bit disappointed - and I am now a bit nervous about going - although it is a place I have always wanted to see. I am hoping the weather will be kind to us. We are staying in the Sultanahmet area.
I would welcome any recommendations regarding the best places to try local cuisine etc. I am sure my family would enjoy a cookery lesson too.
We are only there for four nights and it would be so easy to cram too many things in - I want to absorb and enjoy what I see and not have a mad dash around the sights.
I would welcome your thoughts
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France, Italy and Greec
- 2 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 3 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 4 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 5 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 6 Air pollution in Paris
- 7 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 8 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 9 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 10 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 11 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 12 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 13 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 14 Naxos in May
- 15 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 16 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 17 Belfast to Scotland help
- 18 20 days in Germany
- 19 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 20 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 21 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 22 Portugal Alentejo's cante
- 23 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 24 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 25 help regarding removal firm in london