I am celebrating my 50th birthday with my family (two sons and girlfriends) in February.
I think one of them is a bit disappointed - and I am now a bit nervous about going - although it is a place I have always wanted to see. I am hoping the weather will be kind to us. We are staying in the Sultanahmet area.
I would welcome any recommendations regarding the best places to try local cuisine etc. I am sure my family would enjoy a cookery lesson too.
We are only there for four nights and it would be so easy to cram too many things in - I want to absorb and enjoy what I see and not have a mad dash around the sights.
I would welcome your thoughts
- 1 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 2 Vatican Guided Tours Questions
- 3 Trip to Norway- suggestions for itinerary?
- 4 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 5 Moving to Spain
- 6 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 7 Beaune Hotel or B&B Recommendation Please
- 8 Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week
- 9 Help me choose places to visit in Italy
- 10 A few questions about the Amalfi Coast (in May)
- 11 Drive Rome Florence
- 12 Best area for wine and which one?
- 13 Bus from Sorrento to Naples Airport
- 14 Prague Itinerary
- 15 Time Out London - is there a replacement?
- 16 Weather's crummy in northern Italy now--suggestions for places
- 17 Sicily- two week summer vacation
- 18 4 days in Zurich for the adventurous- what to do?
- 19 Four days to wander France???
- 20 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 21 Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Fuessen - Last Bus
- 22 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 23 Barcelona - eat, drink, dance.
- 24 culinary classes in Biarritz/San Sebastian
- 25 browsing homes for sale in Kent