I am celebrating my 50th birthday with my family (two sons and girlfriends) in February.
I think one of them is a bit disappointed - and I am now a bit nervous about going - although it is a place I have always wanted to see. I am hoping the weather will be kind to us. We are staying in the Sultanahmet area.
I would welcome any recommendations regarding the best places to try local cuisine etc. I am sure my family would enjoy a cookery lesson too.
We are only there for four nights and it would be so easy to cram too many things in - I want to absorb and enjoy what I see and not have a mad dash around the sights.
I would welcome your thoughts
- 1 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 2 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 3 Chambermaid tipping
- 4 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 5 London for Christmas
- 6 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 7 Dresden Train Station
- 8 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 9 More help with housing in Puglia
- 10 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 11 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 12 Rome itinerary check over New Years....comments?? suggestions??
- 13 Hotel in belligio, lake Como
- 14 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 15 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 16 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 17 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 18 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 19 River cruises
- 20 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 21 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 22 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 23 Trulli Foodie Puglia-two weeks to eat through!!!
- 24 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 25 7 days in Andalucia