I am celebrating my 50th birthday with my family (two sons and girlfriends) in February.
I think one of them is a bit disappointed - and I am now a bit nervous about going - although it is a place I have always wanted to see. I am hoping the weather will be kind to us. We are staying in the Sultanahmet area.
I would welcome any recommendations regarding the best places to try local cuisine etc. I am sure my family would enjoy a cookery lesson too.
We are only there for four nights and it would be so easy to cram too many things in - I want to absorb and enjoy what I see and not have a mad dash around the sights.
I would welcome your thoughts
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 2 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 3 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 4 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 5 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 6 Itinerary Help!
- 7 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 8 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 9 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 10 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 11 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 12 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 13 He said , she said
- 14 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 15 Munich with a car?
- 16 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 17 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 18 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 19 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 20 Toulouse and beyond -
- 21 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 22 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 23 tour guides in rome
- 24 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 25 Hair Straightener for Europe!