I am celebrating my 50th birthday with my family (two sons and girlfriends) in February.
I think one of them is a bit disappointed - and I am now a bit nervous about going - although it is a place I have always wanted to see. I am hoping the weather will be kind to us. We are staying in the Sultanahmet area.
I would welcome any recommendations regarding the best places to try local cuisine etc. I am sure my family would enjoy a cookery lesson too.
We are only there for four nights and it would be so easy to cram too many things in - I want to absorb and enjoy what I see and not have a mad dash around the sights.
I would welcome your thoughts
- 1 Motor Home North Italy Route Suggestions
- 2 Day trip from The Hague to Brussels or Bruges - possible?
- 3 Discount retail liquor stores - Barcelona or Madrid, Spain areas
- 4 Club Quarters near Trafalgar Square
- 5 Scavi -- Photocopy of ID Sufficient?
- 6 Barcelona - eat, drink, dance.
- 7 Normandy on our own?
- 8 Traveling to the Netherlands with my 10 year old daughter
- 9 Train from Barcelona to Figueras, and Figueras to Perpignan
- 10 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 11 France by rail or car?
- 12 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 13 London at Xmas
- 14 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 15 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 16 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 17 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 18 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 19 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 20 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 21 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 22 Essen and Nordrhein-Westfalen
- 23 Hot Air Balloon crash in Cappadocia kills two, injures twenty-three
- 24 Where are the best markets in Rome?
- 25 Football (soccer) matches in July