I am celebrating my 50th birthday with my family (two sons and girlfriends) in February.
I think one of them is a bit disappointed - and I am now a bit nervous about going - although it is a place I have always wanted to see. I am hoping the weather will be kind to us. We are staying in the Sultanahmet area.
I would welcome any recommendations regarding the best places to try local cuisine etc. I am sure my family would enjoy a cookery lesson too.
We are only there for four nights and it would be so easy to cram too many things in - I want to absorb and enjoy what I see and not have a mad dash around the sights.
I would welcome your thoughts
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich and Dachau
- 2 Water taxi reservations in Venice
- 3 Trouble purchasing tickets to Sagrada Familia online
- 4 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 5 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 6 Any knowledge of the Kavouri - Vouliagmeni (Athens Suburbs) Greece
- 7 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 8 London visit
- 9 Madrid and London
- 10 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 11 21 Days in Central Europe
- 12 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 13 Three days in Spain
- 14 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 15 Duoro river cruises
- 16 car rental advice in Portugal
- 17 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 18 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 19 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 20 Eurostar booking
- 21 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 22 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 23 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 24 Monet in Normandy
- 25 Venice canal boats--best deals?