I'll be travelling from Venice to Heidelberg in late April and I need a 1-night stopover somewhere. I'm thinking of Innsbruck or Interlaken. Innsbruck is closer and the trip there will not incur any reservation fee, but it seems impossible to find a decent room below 30 euro (I'm backpacking on a budget.). On the other hand, there're plenty of cheap hostels in Interlaken, but the trip requires reservation for at least 2 train rides (Venice to Milan and Milan to Brigg). All in all, they come out the same ( A bit cheaper for Innsbruck).
I'm now wondering which one will be a better option for me, given that I'll get there by no earlier than 17:00 and have to leave early the next morning. Museum, attractions, hiking, trekking are all out of the picture, just the immediate impression and the view on the train perhaps. I heard of the so called "scenic route" across Switzerland. Is it worth spending a few more hours to see it?
Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. oh and Happy New Year.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 3 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 4 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 5 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 6 Vienna to Budapest via Bratislava stopover
- 7 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 8 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 9 Language to use in Belgium
- 10 Base for hiking in Lower Engadine
- 11 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 12 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 13 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 14 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 15 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
- 16 Whistle stop family road trip
- 17 Cab cost from Tegel/ Germany/ to Charlottenstrasse
- 18 The DCC scam is spreading
- 19 ATM by Budapest Nuygati TS
- 20 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 21 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 22 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 23 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 24 Lake Como,Italy
- 25 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland