I'll be travelling from Venice to Heidelberg in late April and I need a 1-night stopover somewhere. I'm thinking of Innsbruck or Interlaken. Innsbruck is closer and the trip there will not incur any reservation fee, but it seems impossible to find a decent room below 30 euro (I'm backpacking on a budget.). On the other hand, there're plenty of cheap hostels in Interlaken, but the trip requires reservation for at least 2 train rides (Venice to Milan and Milan to Brigg). All in all, they come out the same ( A bit cheaper for Innsbruck).
I'm now wondering which one will be a better option for me, given that I'll get there by no earlier than 17:00 and have to leave early the next morning. Museum, attractions, hiking, trekking are all out of the picture, just the immediate impression and the view on the train perhaps. I heard of the so called "scenic route" across Switzerland. Is it worth spending a few more hours to see it?
Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. oh and Happy New Year.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 2 Best Indian / Vegetarian restaurant in Athens
- 3 Train/s from Antwerp to Cochem, Germany
- 4 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 5 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 6 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 7 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?
- 8 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 9 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 10 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 11 UK Itinerary Help Please
- 12 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 13 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 14 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 15 Flight CANCELLED by British Airways without notice or refund
- 16 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 17 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 18 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 19 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 20 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 21 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 22 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 23 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 24 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 25 Piedmont as a destination