I'll be travelling from Venice to Heidelberg in late April and I need a 1-night stopover somewhere. I'm thinking of Innsbruck or Interlaken. Innsbruck is closer and the trip there will not incur any reservation fee, but it seems impossible to find a decent room below 30 euro (I'm backpacking on a budget.). On the other hand, there're plenty of cheap hostels in Interlaken, but the trip requires reservation for at least 2 train rides (Venice to Milan and Milan to Brigg). All in all, they come out the same ( A bit cheaper for Innsbruck).
I'm now wondering which one will be a better option for me, given that I'll get there by no earlier than 17:00 and have to leave early the next morning. Museum, attractions, hiking, trekking are all out of the picture, just the immediate impression and the view on the train perhaps. I heard of the so called "scenic route" across Switzerland. Is it worth spending a few more hours to see it?
Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. oh and Happy New Year.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 2 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 3 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 4 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 5 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 6 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 7 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 8 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 9 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 10 We're here!
- 11 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 12 10 days in Paris and......
- 13 Budapest & Prague
- 14 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 15 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 16 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 17 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 18 driving from ancona to rome
- 19 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 20 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 21 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 22 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 23 Car Hire in Croatia, any recommendations?
- 24 Itinerary Help - ?Prague, Austria, Italy
- 25 Purchase Train Ticket Madrid to Toledo Ahead?