I'll be travelling from Venice to Heidelberg in late April and I need a 1-night stopover somewhere. I'm thinking of Innsbruck or Interlaken. Innsbruck is closer and the trip there will not incur any reservation fee, but it seems impossible to find a decent room below 30 euro (I'm backpacking on a budget.). On the other hand, there're plenty of cheap hostels in Interlaken, but the trip requires reservation for at least 2 train rides (Venice to Milan and Milan to Brigg). All in all, they come out the same ( A bit cheaper for Innsbruck).
I'm now wondering which one will be a better option for me, given that I'll get there by no earlier than 17:00 and have to leave early the next morning. Museum, attractions, hiking, trekking are all out of the picture, just the immediate impression and the view on the train perhaps. I heard of the so called "scenic route" across Switzerland. Is it worth spending a few more hours to see it?
Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. oh and Happy New Year.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Weeks In and out of Paris...Itinerary Help?
- 2 Prague and Budapest
- 3 Scotland 5 day itinerary
- 4 5 Days in Bernese Oberland
- 5 itinerary planning apps
- 6 Hurry to France before it loses it's frenchness
- 7 Bring US appliances to Germany?
- 8 Western/Central Europe Itinerary help
- 9 12-14 nights enough ?
- 10 Edam, Volendam & Marken day trip?
- 11 Need help with my itinerary
- 12 Lucerne to Rome on Swiss pass
- 13 Dijon RAVE - My Home in Dijon
- 14 Mt. Etna wakes up
- 15 France is losing the core of its historic provincial towns
- 16 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 17 Transpennine Express-Ticket/No Seat Res
- 18 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 19 Tuscany Trip
- 20 Calling all Iceland mavens.
- 21 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 22 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April
- 23 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 24 Where to go in Warsaw and Krakow?
- 25 Updated Southern Croatia Trip (recommendations please)