Looking to hear from seasoned Europe travelers about what city you would choose to visit if you had 2 weeks and were flying into London and out of Paris. My wife and I are looking to spend 4-5 days in London and Paris (each) but would like to hop a train/plane to a nearby city for exploration. I thought it would be fun to hear where forum members would choose and why (I'm not asking you to tailor it to me, since I'm not giving you a lot of info yet, but more of "what would I do if this was my basic itinerary?"). The possible cities on my short list are Edinburgh (b/c a friend said it was "magical"), or somewhere in Belgium, Switzerland or Germany (we've been to Italy and Netherlands recently and opting for new regions). So if you have the time and energy, please name what cities you'd visit and why they are so awesome. Thanks and cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 2 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 3 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 4 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 5 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 6 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 7 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 8 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 9 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 10 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 11 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 12 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 13 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 14 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 15 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 16 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 17 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 18 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 19 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 20 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 21 WWI Battlefields
- 22 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 23 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 24 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 25 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip