Looking to hear from seasoned Europe travelers about what city you would choose to visit if you had 2 weeks and were flying into London and out of Paris. My wife and I are looking to spend 4-5 days in London and Paris (each) but would like to hop a train/plane to a nearby city for exploration. I thought it would be fun to hear where forum members would choose and why (I'm not asking you to tailor it to me, since I'm not giving you a lot of info yet, but more of "what would I do if this was my basic itinerary?"). The possible cities on my short list are Edinburgh (b/c a friend said it was "magical"), or somewhere in Belgium, Switzerland or Germany (we've been to Italy and Netherlands recently and opting for new regions). So if you have the time and energy, please name what cities you'd visit and why they are so awesome. Thanks and cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 2 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Versailles
- 5 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 6 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 7 Acropolis Athens
- 8 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 9 driving from prague to salzburg
- 10 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 11 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 12 Need help for hiking destinations in Austria
- 13 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 14 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 15 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 16 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 17 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 18 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 19 Meteora for older folk
- 20 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 21 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 22 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 23 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 24 Swiss Half Fare Card
- 25 Germany train help!