This summer we would like to see Bulgaria and Romania, and then go back to France before returning to the States. Our planned departure would be from NYC (May 17) although a return to SFO (July 5) would be preferable. What would be an economical way of getting to Bulgaria and then returning from Romania? I looked into the purchase/resell option, but that represents at least 800 miles of driving both ways since the closest pick-up is either Munich or Milan. Flights from Vienna to Sofia seem to start at 421 euros one way, and 166 euros one way from Berlin to Varna. Would it make sense to take an open jaw NYC-Vienna-Paris-NYC (of SFO) and then take the train to Sofia? Any suggestions? What about travel within these countries? I thought of renting a car in Bulgaria, then taking the train to Romania, and renting a car there.
How to get to and from eastern Europe with a subsequent stay in France.
View all Europe activity »
- 1 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 2 WOW Russia Tours St. Petersburg
- 3 Ireland in a week
- 4 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 5 Spain - Andalucia
- 6 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 7 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 8 TGV and Provence questions
- 9 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 10 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 11 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 12 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 13 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 14 2 Week European Itinerary
- 15 Chambermaid tipping
- 16 Channel Islands
- 17 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 18 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 19 Car in Prague
- 20 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 21 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 22 Cell phones in Europe if my current phone isn't international capable?
- 23 Rome Accommodation
- 24 Istanbul hotels
- 25 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris