This summer we would like to see Bulgaria and Romania, and then go back to France before returning to the States. Our planned departure would be from NYC (May 17) although a return to SFO (July 5) would be preferable. What would be an economical way of getting to Bulgaria and then returning from Romania? I looked into the purchase/resell option, but that represents at least 800 miles of driving both ways since the closest pick-up is either Munich or Milan. Flights from Vienna to Sofia seem to start at 421 euros one way, and 166 euros one way from Berlin to Varna. Would it make sense to take an open jaw NYC-Vienna-Paris-NYC (of SFO) and then take the train to Sofia? Any suggestions? What about travel within these countries? I thought of renting a car in Bulgaria, then taking the train to Romania, and renting a car there.
How to get to and from eastern Europe with a subsequent stay in France.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 2 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 3 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 4 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 5 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 6 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 7 Airport to Piraeus
- 8 Train to Airport in Venice
- 9 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 10 Paris Travelogue (One week in June with a toddler)
- 11 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 12 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 13 Questions for my German friends
- 14 What still confounds you about travel?
- 15 Chip but no PIN
- 16 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 17 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 18 Foie gras, redux
- 19 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 20 Dublin Tour Companies
- 21 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 22 Day trips from Seville
- 23 Oktoberfest reservations
- 24 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 25 Switzerland and Piedmont, Italy itinerary suggestions