This summer we would like to see Bulgaria and Romania, and then go back to France before returning to the States. Our planned departure would be from NYC (May 17) although a return to SFO (July 5) would be preferable. What would be an economical way of getting to Bulgaria and then returning from Romania? I looked into the purchase/resell option, but that represents at least 800 miles of driving both ways since the closest pick-up is either Munich or Milan. Flights from Vienna to Sofia seem to start at 421 euros one way, and 166 euros one way from Berlin to Varna. Would it make sense to take an open jaw NYC-Vienna-Paris-NYC (of SFO) and then take the train to Sofia? Any suggestions? What about travel within these countries? I thought of renting a car in Bulgaria, then taking the train to Romania, and renting a car there.
How to get to and from eastern Europe with a subsequent stay in France.
- 1 charming small French city for weeklong stay?
- 2 Christmas in the Netherlands: David Sadaris reads "6 to 8 Black Men"
- 3 Last monte Paris apartment
- 4 Anyone heard of or used a hotel booking site called Olotels?
- 5 8 days in Sardinia - first time, need help
- 6 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 7 jungfraujoch mid june
- 8 Train from Naples to Sorrento
- 9 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 10 Has anyone rented an apartment in Venice for 2-4 weeks?
- 11 Burano - best day of week to visit
- 12 Lake Como & Venice - must sees, dos and eats??
- 13 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 14 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 15 San Lorenzo Market
- 16 Ireland - Doolin Ennis Dingle Kenmare Adare With Paragraph Breaks
- 17 To Madrid/Barcelona on Sunday! 8 Qs to help make the trip amazing
- 18 Places to stay for a tour of Normandy
- 19 Trip in June to andulusia and algrave portugal
- 20 Cuenca or Toledo
- 21 Nice
- 22 car rental agency near train station in Firenze
- 23 Parking in Florence, Italy
- 24 Norway experts needed.
- 25 Moonliner bus question - can someone help please?