This summer we would like to see Bulgaria and Romania, and then go back to France before returning to the States. Our planned departure would be from NYC (May 17) although a return to SFO (July 5) would be preferable. What would be an economical way of getting to Bulgaria and then returning from Romania? I looked into the purchase/resell option, but that represents at least 800 miles of driving both ways since the closest pick-up is either Munich or Milan. Flights from Vienna to Sofia seem to start at 421 euros one way, and 166 euros one way from Berlin to Varna. Would it make sense to take an open jaw NYC-Vienna-Paris-NYC (of SFO) and then take the train to Sofia? Any suggestions? What about travel within these countries? I thought of renting a car in Bulgaria, then taking the train to Romania, and renting a car there.
How to get to and from eastern Europe with a subsequent stay in France.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for Germany, Italy and Austria
- 2 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 3 Transports in Santorini
- 4 Stockholm - airport to city during a layover?
- 5 Scotland Votes "No"
- 6 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 7 Family of 4 considering living abroad for 1 or 2 years. Advice?
- 8 Montmartre or St.Denis
- 9 iDTGV Sales Open for Travel December 14 to March 29
- 10 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 11 Romania driving itinerary help needed
- 12 Ideal first time trip to Germany-8-10 days --suggestions
- 13 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 14 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 15 Olive Oil
- 16 Venice cruise terminal to San Marcos, and San Marcos to airport?
- 17 Airport advice- from NYC to French Alps, then onto Provence
- 18 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 19 Portugal 15 day Itinerary Help
- 20 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 21 french riviera
- 22 Hey Fodor's
- 23 Greece in November - How's my Itinerary?
- 24 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 25 Question about Liberation Day in the Netherlands