We are world travelers and always plan our trips ourselves. Our 12 days honeymoon plan is to fly to Athens from San Diego , then visit 2-3 islands. Our dates are flexible between Sep, Oct and Nov.
I heard Santorini and Crete are a must see but Mikonos is not that significant! Is this true, where else we shouldn't miss?
Any festivals in that season?
Crete is a big Island, where should we stay.
To travel within Greece (mostly islands) Ferry is better or Plane?
Any recommendations on Airports or booking sites other than Kayak, cheapoair and hotels.com?
Are 4 stars and 5 stars hotels that different? How accurate are their rating systems?
Is it recommended to reserve our transportation in advance?
Any help would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 2 London with Teens Trip Report
- 3 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 4 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 5 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 6 Lake Como AREA questions
- 7 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 8 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 9 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 10 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 11 Spain - day driver advice
- 12 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 13 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 14 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 15 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 16 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 17 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 18 Best walking route Plitvice Lakes
- 19 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 20 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 21 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 22 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 23 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 24 Madrird and Seville
- 25 Greece