We are world travelers and always plan our trips ourselves. Our 12 days honeymoon plan is to fly to Athens from San Diego , then visit 2-3 islands. Our dates are flexible between Sep, Oct and Nov.
I heard Santorini and Crete are a must see but Mikonos is not that significant! Is this true, where else we shouldn't miss?
Any festivals in that season?
Crete is a big Island, where should we stay.
To travel within Greece (mostly islands) Ferry is better or Plane?
Any recommendations on Airports or booking sites other than Kayak, cheapoair and hotels.com?
Are 4 stars and 5 stars hotels that different? How accurate are their rating systems?
Is it recommended to reserve our transportation in advance?
Any help would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 2 The specific levels of existence
- 3 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 4 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 5 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 6 dinner jackets
- 7 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 8 2 weeks Europe trip
- 9 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 10 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 11 Cordoba Overnight?
- 12 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 13 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 14 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 15 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 16 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 17 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 18 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 19 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 20 Weekend in Galicia -- Sil River Gorge
- 21 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 22 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 23 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 24 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 25 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles