We are world travelers and always plan our trips ourselves. Our 12 days honeymoon plan is to fly to Athens from San Diego , then visit 2-3 islands. Our dates are flexible between Sep, Oct and Nov.
I heard Santorini and Crete are a must see but Mikonos is not that significant! Is this true, where else we shouldn't miss?
Any festivals in that season?
Crete is a big Island, where should we stay.
To travel within Greece (mostly islands) Ferry is better or Plane?
Any recommendations on Airports or booking sites other than Kayak, cheapoair and hotels.com?
Are 4 stars and 5 stars hotels that different? How accurate are their rating systems?
Is it recommended to reserve our transportation in advance?
Any help would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 2 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 3 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 4 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 5 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 6 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 7 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 8 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 9 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 10 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 11 When to Visit Scotland
- 12 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 13 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 14 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 15 English Countryside
- 16 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 17 Paris Shuttle Service - AVOID!!!!
- 18 Trains in Alps and UK
- 19 CDG airport and connection time
- 20 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 21 Switzerland
- 22 San Sebastian
- 23 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 24 car for four adults and four bikes
- 25 Q re: holiday season in Italy