My husband and I are recently married but could not fit a honeymoon into our plans immediately post-wedding due to cost and time off work issues (we both started new jobs in the past 6 months and it was hard enough just to get PTO for the wedding). We will have a lot more time this winter and next Spring and are looking to travel to Bavaria thanks to the very generous gifts we received from family and friends.
I have travelled quite a bit. I've lived abroad in the UK and in Rwanda. I've also spent 6 weeks in Bavaria while in college, so I have been to Munich, Nuremberg, and have used trains throughout all of Europe. My husband, however, has not. This will be his first time out of the country as an adult and the first time he's ever flown for more than 3 hours. He's gung-ho about Bavaria because of our love of beer and German food, so it seems perfect.
However, I'm finding most flights incredibly expensive right now. When we priced them last year, they seemed to be around $1,000 out of STL (we live in Mid-Missouri) and $800.00 out of Chicago (the area I am from originally and could stand to take a train to and fly out of the next day) but now those costs are well above that ($1400+ for many flights we've looked at). I've never had money to spend on travel like this and we want to have a great time but we also don't want to spend the whole lot on our tickets. Is there a better time to fly? Maybe we 've been looking at this wrong? Maybe we shouldn't fly into Munich as I assumed we should? This will be the bulk of our upfront costs because we intend to rent an apartment to save some money and cook some meals in. We'd actually much prefer this to a hotel room regardless of cost because I have food allergies and it simplifies things for us in some ways.
People have also suggested we use a travel agent. I've never used one before but some people have suggested it. Is it worth it for something like this? Others have suggested going on a tour but since we mainly want to spend time loafing (honeymoon), taking a trip out to a castle my husband has always wanted to see, and drinking in beer halls, I think that is a bad fit for us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 카지노사이트 ⱷ ꞈ ⱶ ꞈ ⱷ BUS[.]COM ⱷ ꞈ ⱶ ꞈ ⱷ 토토사이트
- 2 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 3 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 4 Undisclsoed location
- 5 Need help with my itinerary
- 6 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 7 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 8 Chamonix to Paris
- 9 Italy bus or train
- 10 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 11 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 12 Paris in September
- 13 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 14 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 15 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 16 help with Italy itinerary
- 17 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 18 14 days end to end London Heathrow
- 19 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 20 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 21 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 22 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 23 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 24 Praiano
- 25 Rome-Itinerary