I am hoping to get some fabulous ideas for our upcoming honeymoon in September 2016 (We will actually fly out August 28). Our trip will be 2 weeks. We absolutely love travel and hope that we can continue traveling for the rest of our lives. Because of this, we are both pretty open with going nearly anywhere for our honeymoon, with the philosophy of "we'll get there someday..." for anywhere we don't go (that's the goal, at least!). With that being said, our last two trips have been to China and Morocco, so we'd like to head back to Europe for a bit "easier" travel coupled with amazing food and experiences! We enjoy seeing a variety of landscapes / doing a variety of different things on vacation. When we were in France in 2012, we spent time in Paris, Annecy, and Cannes--this was amazing as it allowed us to do history / everything incredible in Paris, the mountain/lake life in Annecy, and the beach life in Cannes. This is ideal for us as we were able to see 3 vastly different areas within the country. We are leaning towards Switzerland/Italy, but we are also open to other combinations. Possibly Austria or Spain. I have many friends who have done the Amalfi Coast, which we are open to...but because we are open to many areas, I'm hoping that my friends here on the Fodors forum board can answer "If you could plan a 2 week honeymoon in Europe...where would it be to?" Thanks so much in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ger’s Paris Trip Report: February 2017
- 2 Morgan Hotel London for solo female
- 3 Short Trip to Paris
- 4 Driver"s License & Language
- 5 credit and debit cards
- 6 Road trip to Spanish Pyrenees - Suggestions?
- 7 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 8 Labor Day in Paris
- 9 Train up the Jungfrau
- 10 3 months in Switzerland this summer, need suggestions on weekend trips
- 11 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 12 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 13 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 14 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 15 I may be wrong....
- 16 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 17 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 18 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 19 National Parks close to Malgrat de Mar or Barcelona recommendations
- 20 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 21 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 22 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 23 I cuisine vs Cookin With Class
- 24 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 25 A visit to Greenwich