My fiance and I will be travelling to Europe for the first time. And I know how cold January is going to be unfortunately, we can both only take the time off work during then.
Travel dates: 28th January - 10th February
My initial plans are to fly into Dublin, then to Paris (will skip London as we've been to London before), then fly into Milan-Rome (EasyJet cheap fares!).
I have been advised to do the trip from Rome-Dublin as it will get warmer over the period of time, so tickets for this trip has not been decided yet!
I'd like to ask for a few suggestions/advises about my trip and hopefully we can sort out the tickets ASAP and start planning/packing!
ps: We're both not too keen on fancy dining/activites, but more of wanting to get a chance to gain local experience! I'm love vintage goods, and he loves architectures
1. How should I pack? Is layers going to be useful like most have said? Rain boots necessary? (I have a fur jacket that I wear through winter most of the time, is this going to be too much? From where I come from, it goes down to -10 Celcius on most winter days)
2. I have seen that travelling with train can be quite expensive (Euro Rail tickets), or is there another type of trains that we can use when travelling inside of Italy + France?
3. Suggestions of must visit places during this time of the year please!
4. Daylight hours in both places?
5. Must eat food suggestions from locals
6. Interested in night markets/ vintage markets/ flea markets around these places
7. What can we do after it is dark? (I've been told that the ice skating opens till midnight?)
Thanks so much guys!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 2 Provence to Nice driving
- 3 London: Oyster, 2For1, Travel Card--Help!
- 4 Visit Saint Rita Shrine in Cascia Italy
- 5 Could really use Swiss train travel help
- 6 German Train travel
- 7 ROME!!!
- 8 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 9 Switzerland/Italy Advice
- 10 lago maggiore: where to stay
- 11 Christmas in Italy!!!
- 12 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 13 Rome to Venice - What to see in between ?
- 14 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 15 Staying Long in Schengen Zone
- 16 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 17 please revew provence agenda
- 18 Our trip to Rome & the Amalfi Coast (with all transportation logistics included!)
- 19 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 20 Tuscany Help
- 21 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July
- 22 walking tours/ personalguides in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Copenhagen
- 23 Day tour in Kilkenny
- 24 Germany / Austria in December with parents - weather question, please help!
- 25 Paris-Italy-Spain trip