My fiance and I will be travelling to Europe for the first time. And I know how cold January is going to be unfortunately, we can both only take the time off work during then.
Travel dates: 28th January - 10th February
My initial plans are to fly into Dublin, then to Paris (will skip London as we've been to London before), then fly into Milan-Rome (EasyJet cheap fares!).
I have been advised to do the trip from Rome-Dublin as it will get warmer over the period of time, so tickets for this trip has not been decided yet!
I'd like to ask for a few suggestions/advises about my trip and hopefully we can sort out the tickets ASAP and start planning/packing!
ps: We're both not too keen on fancy dining/activites, but more of wanting to get a chance to gain local experience! I'm love vintage goods, and he loves architectures
1. How should I pack? Is layers going to be useful like most have said? Rain boots necessary? (I have a fur jacket that I wear through winter most of the time, is this going to be too much? From where I come from, it goes down to -10 Celcius on most winter days)
2. I have seen that travelling with train can be quite expensive (Euro Rail tickets), or is there another type of trains that we can use when travelling inside of Italy + France?
3. Suggestions of must visit places during this time of the year please!
4. Daylight hours in both places?
5. Must eat food suggestions from locals
6. Interested in night markets/ vintage markets/ flea markets around these places
7. What can we do after it is dark? (I've been told that the ice skating opens till midnight?)
Thanks so much guys!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 2 Best GBP 250 Per Night London Hotel
- 3 Istria and northern Croatia OR Calabria and Sicily
- 4 강남풀싸롱O1O 4444 9374ACEめ《강남풀사롱》↔《강남풀싸롱》↗강예빈팀장↔
- 5 강남매직미러풀싸롱O1O 4444 9374
- 6 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 7 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 8 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 9 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 10 Greece itinerary - need advice!
- 11 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 12 to get to the Rijks Museum from Schiphol - bus or train
- 13 Lovely Luxembourg!
- 14 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 15 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 16 Italy- Train Amalfi to Siena
- 17 travel around Spain
- 18 Where to stay in Berlin Berlin
- 19 Restaurants
- 20 Bursa/Iznik
- 21 Confused on which train pass
- 22 Best of Norway
- 23 Brussels, Belgium
- 24 Musée Erasme Anderlecht, Belgium
- 25 Where to stay in Sorrento/Positano area with family of 5?