My fiance and I will be travelling to Europe for the first time. And I know how cold January is going to be unfortunately, we can both only take the time off work during then.
Travel dates: 28th January - 10th February
My initial plans are to fly into Dublin, then to Paris (will skip London as we've been to London before), then fly into Milan-Rome (EasyJet cheap fares!).
I have been advised to do the trip from Rome-Dublin as it will get warmer over the period of time, so tickets for this trip has not been decided yet!
I'd like to ask for a few suggestions/advises about my trip and hopefully we can sort out the tickets ASAP and start planning/packing!
ps: We're both not too keen on fancy dining/activites, but more of wanting to get a chance to gain local experience! I'm love vintage goods, and he loves architectures
1. How should I pack? Is layers going to be useful like most have said? Rain boots necessary? (I have a fur jacket that I wear through winter most of the time, is this going to be too much? From where I come from, it goes down to -10 Celcius on most winter days)
2. I have seen that travelling with train can be quite expensive (Euro Rail tickets), or is there another type of trains that we can use when travelling inside of Italy + France?
3. Suggestions of must visit places during this time of the year please!
4. Daylight hours in both places?
5. Must eat food suggestions from locals
6. Interested in night markets/ vintage markets/ flea markets around these places
7. What can we do after it is dark? (I've been told that the ice skating opens till midnight?)
Thanks so much guys!
Honeymoon Dublin-Paris-Milan-Rome in January!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rotterdam - Amsterdam Parking
- 2 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 3 Greek Itinerary advice needed, please.
- 4 Advice on 8 day England Itinerary - No London
- 5 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 6 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 7 Is it okay to wear a US service hat?
- 8 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 9 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 10 Trip Report: 10 Days in Spain
- 11 travel to western Europe from India
- 12 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?
- 13 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 14 Barcelona trip (La Festa Gracia! and more)
- 15 A Killer Whale Spectacle in Nice, France
- 16 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 17 Interesting Article About Capitaine Train
- 18 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 19 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 20 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 21 Paris: Citypharma Du Four Bonaparte - a Trader Joe's for Beauty Items...
- 22 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 23 A Vote for Malta: Most Rude.
- 24 Moroccan food in Paris
- 25 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice