My fiance and I will be travelling to Europe for the first time. And I know how cold January is going to be unfortunately, we can both only take the time off work during then.
Travel dates: 28th January - 10th February
My initial plans are to fly into Dublin, then to Paris (will skip London as we've been to London before), then fly into Milan-Rome (EasyJet cheap fares!).
I have been advised to do the trip from Rome-Dublin as it will get warmer over the period of time, so tickets for this trip has not been decided yet!
I'd like to ask for a few suggestions/advises about my trip and hopefully we can sort out the tickets ASAP and start planning/packing!
ps: We're both not too keen on fancy dining/activites, but more of wanting to get a chance to gain local experience! I'm love vintage goods, and he loves architectures
1. How should I pack? Is layers going to be useful like most have said? Rain boots necessary? (I have a fur jacket that I wear through winter most of the time, is this going to be too much? From where I come from, it goes down to -10 Celcius on most winter days)
2. I have seen that travelling with train can be quite expensive (Euro Rail tickets), or is there another type of trains that we can use when travelling inside of Italy + France?
3. Suggestions of must visit places during this time of the year please!
4. Daylight hours in both places?
5. Must eat food suggestions from locals
6. Interested in night markets/ vintage markets/ flea markets around these places
7. What can we do after it is dark? (I've been told that the ice skating opens till midnight?)
Thanks so much guys!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 2 Layover at Orly - Versailles or Paris?
- 3 Lisbon ... Two days only ... Must see?
- 4 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 5 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 6 Italy - 19 days - 6 locations - Family of 4
- 7 Dropping my rental car at Fiumicino Airport
- 8 Stonehenge and Bath
- 9 My First Trip to Europe...
- 10 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 11 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 12 Granada to Cordoba to Madrid--Doable??
- 13 France to stop making foie grois
- 14 Currency and credit cards in Scandinavia
- 15 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 16 Rome train to Positano
- 17 Madrid city centre?
- 18 Itinerary Help!
- 19 Has anyone used their Pass Navogo for more than 10 years?
- 20 Greece itinerary ideas
- 21 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 22 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 23 Greece Experts
- 24 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 25 Budapest/Krakow/Warsaw