My fiance and I will be travelling to Europe for the first time. And I know how cold January is going to be unfortunately, we can both only take the time off work during then.
Travel dates: 28th January - 10th February
My initial plans are to fly into Dublin, then to Paris (will skip London as we've been to London before), then fly into Milan-Rome (EasyJet cheap fares!).
I have been advised to do the trip from Rome-Dublin as it will get warmer over the period of time, so tickets for this trip has not been decided yet!
I'd like to ask for a few suggestions/advises about my trip and hopefully we can sort out the tickets ASAP and start planning/packing!
ps: We're both not too keen on fancy dining/activites, but more of wanting to get a chance to gain local experience! I'm love vintage goods, and he loves architectures
1. How should I pack? Is layers going to be useful like most have said? Rain boots necessary? (I have a fur jacket that I wear through winter most of the time, is this going to be too much? From where I come from, it goes down to -10 Celcius on most winter days)
2. I have seen that travelling with train can be quite expensive (Euro Rail tickets), or is there another type of trains that we can use when travelling inside of Italy + France?
3. Suggestions of must visit places during this time of the year please!
4. Daylight hours in both places?
5. Must eat food suggestions from locals
6. Interested in night markets/ vintage markets/ flea markets around these places
7. What can we do after it is dark? (I've been told that the ice skating opens till midnight?)
Thanks so much guys!
Honeymoon Dublin-Paris-Milan-Rome in January!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Has anyone tried Athens Welcome Pickups?
- 2 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 3 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 4 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 5 Airport ATMs
- 6 American Express
- 7 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 8 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 9 Three ferries to Mull
- 10 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 11 MY OWN physique are not That attractive
- 12 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 13 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 14 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 15 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 16 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 17 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 18 Which european city?
- 19 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 20 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 21 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 22 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 23 All Set To Go!!
- 24 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 25 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?