My fiance and I will be travelling to Europe for the first time. And I know how cold January is going to be unfortunately, we can both only take the time off work during then.
Travel dates: 28th January - 10th February
My initial plans are to fly into Dublin, then to Paris (will skip London as we've been to London before), then fly into Milan-Rome (EasyJet cheap fares!).
I have been advised to do the trip from Rome-Dublin as it will get warmer over the period of time, so tickets for this trip has not been decided yet!
I'd like to ask for a few suggestions/advises about my trip and hopefully we can sort out the tickets ASAP and start planning/packing!
ps: We're both not too keen on fancy dining/activites, but more of wanting to get a chance to gain local experience! I'm love vintage goods, and he loves architectures
1. How should I pack? Is layers going to be useful like most have said? Rain boots necessary? (I have a fur jacket that I wear through winter most of the time, is this going to be too much? From where I come from, it goes down to -10 Celcius on most winter days)
2. I have seen that travelling with train can be quite expensive (Euro Rail tickets), or is there another type of trains that we can use when travelling inside of Italy + France?
3. Suggestions of must visit places during this time of the year please!
4. Daylight hours in both places?
5. Must eat food suggestions from locals
6. Interested in night markets/ vintage markets/ flea markets around these places
7. What can we do after it is dark? (I've been told that the ice skating opens till midnight?)
Thanks so much guys!
Honeymoon Dublin-Paris-Milan-Rome in January!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trip on the Rhine
- 2 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 3 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 4 UK for 12 days !
- 5 Estonia Amber
- 6 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 7 Munich with a car?
- 8 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 9 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 10 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 11 Good Friday in Barcelona
- 12 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 13 Toulouse and beyond -
- 14 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 15 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 16 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 17 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 18 Hut to hut hiking in Bavarian alps
- 19 Germany-berlin marathon
- 20 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 21 museum passes in Rome
- 22 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 23 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 24 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 25 Airfare for summer travel to Europe