My fiance and I will be travelling to Europe for the first time. And I know how cold January is going to be unfortunately, we can both only take the time off work during then.
Travel dates: 28th January - 10th February
My initial plans are to fly into Dublin, then to Paris (will skip London as we've been to London before), then fly into Milan-Rome (EasyJet cheap fares!).
I have been advised to do the trip from Rome-Dublin as it will get warmer over the period of time, so tickets for this trip has not been decided yet!
I'd like to ask for a few suggestions/advises about my trip and hopefully we can sort out the tickets ASAP and start planning/packing!
ps: We're both not too keen on fancy dining/activites, but more of wanting to get a chance to gain local experience! I'm love vintage goods, and he loves architectures
1. How should I pack? Is layers going to be useful like most have said? Rain boots necessary? (I have a fur jacket that I wear through winter most of the time, is this going to be too much? From where I come from, it goes down to -10 Celcius on most winter days)
2. I have seen that travelling with train can be quite expensive (Euro Rail tickets), or is there another type of trains that we can use when travelling inside of Italy + France?
3. Suggestions of must visit places during this time of the year please!
4. Daylight hours in both places?
5. Must eat food suggestions from locals
6. Interested in night markets/ vintage markets/ flea markets around these places
7. What can we do after it is dark? (I've been told that the ice skating opens till midnight?)
Thanks so much guys!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 day home base between Venice and Florence with Teenage boys?
- 2 12 Days in Italy
- 3 Paris recommendations?
- 4 Kings Day in Amsterdam, local travel?
- 5 Road tripping: Isle of Skye to London
- 6 Help with Basque Country in Spain and France
- 7 Venice to Malpensa: which way to travel?
- 8 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye
- 9 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 10 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 11 Pera palace hotel Istanbul
- 12 Amalfi and Tuscany for 20th anniversary trip
- 13 Umbria and Piedmont
- 14 Norway Fjords
- 15 Edinburgh and Scotland experts—comments on itinerary (beta version!)
- 16 Need help paring down my 3 week intinerary Benelux/Germany!
- 17 Iceland or the Nordic countries in May with children ?
- 18 Trip Report: Christmas in Paris with 9- and 10-year-old kids
- 19 Car and Driver in Italy
- 20 Le Marche Research Help
- 21 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 22 Pakistani on tourist visa in UK, where can I travel outside UK?
- 23 Whirlwind Iceland w/ two kids - trip report
- 24 Looking for a great London flat
- 25 Advance purchase tickets for Seville??