My fiance and I will be travelling to Europe for the first time. And I know how cold January is going to be unfortunately, we can both only take the time off work during then.
Travel dates: 28th January - 10th February
My initial plans are to fly into Dublin, then to Paris (will skip London as we've been to London before), then fly into Milan-Rome (EasyJet cheap fares!).
I have been advised to do the trip from Rome-Dublin as it will get warmer over the period of time, so tickets for this trip has not been decided yet!
I'd like to ask for a few suggestions/advises about my trip and hopefully we can sort out the tickets ASAP and start planning/packing!
ps: We're both not too keen on fancy dining/activites, but more of wanting to get a chance to gain local experience! I'm love vintage goods, and he loves architectures
1. How should I pack? Is layers going to be useful like most have said? Rain boots necessary? (I have a fur jacket that I wear through winter most of the time, is this going to be too much? From where I come from, it goes down to -10 Celcius on most winter days)
2. I have seen that travelling with train can be quite expensive (Euro Rail tickets), or is there another type of trains that we can use when travelling inside of Italy + France?
3. Suggestions of must visit places during this time of the year please!
4. Daylight hours in both places?
5. Must eat food suggestions from locals
6. Interested in night markets/ vintage markets/ flea markets around these places
7. What can we do after it is dark? (I've been told that the ice skating opens till midnight?)
Thanks so much guys!
Honeymoon Dublin-Paris-Milan-Rome in January!
- 1 If you could go anywhere in Italy......
- 2 Bus from Sorrento to Naples Airport
- 3 Santorini-Nafplio-Delphi-Athens Help
- 4 Netherland -> belgium -> Germany (Rhine Valley)
- 5 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 6 2 weeks in Copenhagen-Helsinki-Stockholm
- 7 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 8 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 9 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 10 Italy - Business+Pleasure - 12 days - driving tips and places to see
- 11 Where to take parents in Italy?
- 12 Which tour company would be best?
- 13 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 14 Rome: Avoiding the long Colosseum ticket line/queue: Palatine Hill ticket office locations
- 15 Where to eat and visit in Barcelona + Venice June 2013
- 16 florence hotel
- 17 One way car rental Lisbon to Bordeaux
- 18 Renfi for Rail Europe
- 19 Conil de la Frontera, Spain
- 20 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 21 Cell Phone for Italy travel
- 22 Local Living Rome- G adventures
- 23 Train - rental car - Cortona
- 24 My Journey Through Europe
- 25 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy